The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Nighblade Shadwo Skill Line and Dogde is a Joke

Palidon
Palidon
✭✭✭✭✭
One thing I have learned in this game is that the Nightblade skill line is totally ineffective in many situations. You might as well just do away with the Shadow Skill Iine. Invisibility is useless. Throw away the dodge function it does nothing against Destruction Missile Spells. Never in my gaming experience have I seen where missile spells can go thru walls or travel around a corner to impact the player. Never in my gaming experience have I seen where if the player is invisible the bad guys still know where you are and can attack you. When you complain about the ineffectiveness of many skill lines all you get is ESO automated response

Type /reloadui in the command line of the Chat Box
Try performing a soft reset: log out of the game and launcher completely for at least 15 minutes. This will reset the character's instance information and may cause quest NPCs to work properly.
Abandon and restart the quest, which also causes quest NPCs and objectives to restart; this generally gets positive resuls

PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK and fix some of these issues.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Invisibility is an extremely useful spell in this game. Just because mobs chase you more relentlessly and don't reset when you use it doesn't make the skill useless.

Shadow is my favorite skill tree in the game, the only buff I want for it is for shades to deal more damage, and path of darkness to either cost less, or deal more damage. Other than that, there are buggy skills, but that exists for many skill trees.

Proper use of invisibility has made veteran questing a breeze for me.
    Options
  • RookBorn
    RookBorn
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Invisibility is an extremely useful spell in this game. Just because mobs chase you more relentlessly and don't reset when you use it doesn't make the skill useless.

Shadow is my favorite skill tree in the game, the only buff I want for it is for shades to deal more damage, and path of darkness to either cost less, or deal more damage. Other than that, there are buggy skills, but that exists for many skill trees.

Agreed. Invisibility is part of my core build. I never see a reason not to use it. You can reset fights, cancel healing of PvE mobs, and also deal some serious damage. I have to agree - to me it is one of the most useful trees. Infact - all 3 of the Nightblade's trees are. Siphoning is super useful for sustaining and the ult is incredible, and Assassination has Piercing Mark which is one of the best PvE spells/PvP spells in the game.

I really like how Nightblade is. There's just a few bugs that make it frustrating to play!
    Khajiit Nightblade - V6
    --The Brigade--
    Biggest achievement so far - Veteran Area unlocked at 46
    Options
  • Creawen
    Creawen
    Soul Shriven
    RookBorn wrote: »
    Stx wrote: »

Agreed. Invisibility is part of my core build. I never see a reason not to use it. You can reset fights, cancel healing of PvE mobs, and also deal some serious damage. I have to agree - to me it is one of the most useful trees. Infact - all 3 of the Nightblade's trees are. Siphoning is super useful for sustaining and the ult is incredible, and Assassination has Piercing Mark which is one of the best PvE spells/PvP spells in the game.

I really like how Nightblade is. There's just a few bugs that make it frustrating to play!
    Piercing Mark is buggy since it doesnt apply the reduced armor debuff.... so how is it useful?
    Options
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    I agree a lot of the build / class base function just aren't worth it, Dodge does not work against magic spells / missles. Mobs that can amazing still see you even after you go invisible even far away your till in combat.
    Also Piercing is truly bugged, it doesn't work in fact it generates aggro with no benefit.
    Options
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the invisibility skills need to work properly and dodge as well, but still, Shadow Skill line is far from useless. Shadowy Dsiguise is the center piece of my build. Piercing Mark does work, not sure whether it reduces enemy armor by the correct amount though.
    Options
  • plaxy186
    plaxy186
    Shadow Cloak works supperbly infact as a Tanking Nightblade I like the fact it doesn't reset aggro. Here some things Shadow Cloak can do for you. Cancel a mobs powerattack, Cancel a Mobs spell. allow you to reposition, and a 2.5 sec Aoe Stun to all mobs targeting you including bosses. With the passives its an armor buff, Its morph Dark Cloak is a DoT remover. in essence the Shadow tree offers some of the best Defencive perks in the game.
    Options
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dark cloak doesn t remove any negative effect, wake up
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on 4 May 2014 17:34
    Options
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowy Disguise doesn't even grant a 100% crit like it says it does. I use that and power shot I should see at least 30% HP drop off of a tier 1 boss. Instead it does like normal damage which is pitiful. I'd like Shadowy Disguise last like 4 secs that way I can test and see if Focused Aim does like 4k damage. Its getting really ridiculous as a pure bow NB dying to a tier 1 boss over and over again. I see sorcs rolling over bosses like they are paper.
    Options