The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Different Weapons and Their Stats

Primislas
Primislas
Hey,

I've been wondering if there's any difference at all between using axes/maces/swords/daggers. Do they have any hidden differences/attributes? I honestly miss those armor negation/crit/weapon speed/etc distinctions being clearly discernable from UI. Now, I know 2H passives add different bonuses to 2H weapons, but... is that it? What about 1H?

As far as two-handers go, I have to say that the bonuses are weird.
* Maces penetrate 80 armor. Is that a lot or a little? Does it scale well with content?
* Swords get flat % damage increase which seems to make them hands down the best weapon in slot by default.
* Axes are by far the worst, not only because the bleed is miniscule, but also because a vast amount of foes (undead/constructs) are immune to bleed. (Same applies to 2H cleave with its bleed DoT. 2H-DKs have very few options to AoE efficiently: fire breath - weak DoT, cleave - weak DoT (not applicable to undead), Inferno - weak DoT. Like, seriously?)

All in all, more math on stats (how much does 1.5k armor mitigate? how much armor do NPCs have? what about spell resist? weapon attack speed?) would've been welcome. And I'm inclined to believe that 2H axes (which I prefer to use for semi-RP reasons) need a better bonus. Maybe crit chance bonus (easier to penetrate armor and wound critically with an axe than maul or greatsword) or anything.

Finally, I hear that bow power sneak attacks never crit. Is it WAD? What about other weapons?
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    DK AOE is Dark Talons morphed into Burning Talons. It is so powerful as to border on OP, and if you are not using it you are failing big time.
    Options
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, DKs use Destruction staff for AoE, not a 2hander.
    Blockade of Fire and Impulse are "THE" spells, paired up with Burning Talons - normal mobs just can't stand the combo. Also those are weapon AoEs, and therefore scale better than class abilities like fiery breath of inferno.

Blockade+ Talons +2x Impulse and every non-elite is dead.
    Options