The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What, exactly, does Humanoid mean?

Ravinsild
Ravinsild
✭✭✭✭
I have two characters, one is Vet rank 2 and is a Vampire rank 10, the other is a Vet rank 4 and WAS a Vampire rank 10.

I decided I wanted to try out werewolf so last night I went and cured myself, found a wild werewolf and got infected, finished the quest and grinded up my WW form to rank 5 whilst questing in Eastmarch (V4 zone for AD).

I got devour, but I haven't gotten to use it yet. Now as a vampire you can literally ONLY feed on humans/elves. No undead, no daedra, nothing similar in shape to a human but not a human.

Is this same limitation on the Werewolf? It just says "can devour humanoids"...so does that mean anything with two arms, two legs and head of reasonable humanish description? (Trolls, Daedra, Undead, Humans, Elves, even Atronochs etc..)

• DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    Basically yes, humanoid is anything with two arms, legs, and a head of human shape. Atronochs are concidered elementals so I do not believe they can be devoured, and undead are well...dead, so they can't be eaten either. Humans, Daedra, Trolls, Elves ect. however can be.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that makes me feel somewhat better. I took a HUGE trade in survivability switching out from Vamp to Werewolf, I get about 10 seconds it feels like in Werewolf form and overall it just feels like a massive, MASSIVE downgrade but I wanted to get it to rank 10 to really get a feel.

With the restriction on what vampires could feed on (Certain areas, even if you WANT to stay stage 1 or stage 2 you can't because you can't feed on anything in the area...Coldharbour is bad about this) I was worried the Werewolf would have the same restriction and it would be even worse.

At least I can maybe feed on most mobs in the game. In the turning quest I ate a mammoth to complete the quest. Can you feed on "beasts" too?
    Options
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    You'll get up there quickly. You do not have to feed to gain the transformation, I currently am at level 4 with my own WW and using the transformation and fighting anything in sight basically gives you the WW experience you need to level it. Feeding is just part of the immersion of the trait, but it is not needed to play out. If anything, depending on if you are melee based, or ranged based, it's a big upgrade once you hit the transformation morph rank 2. Packleader is not recommended (It's heavily bugged right now, and they are supposed to be putting a fix in the next patch to repair it breaking from the form too early, or not working at all.) WW form basically does some heavy melee damage, so carry a lot of hp potions for WW level farming.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
    Options