Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Low Level's Guide To Becoming A Werewolf

• metronom3
    metronom3
    Soul Shriven
    This must have changed a lot, I just did this very easily without even trying at lvl 13!

I ran up to the troll pounded his head in a bit and it died! Whole fight must have lasted like 20 seconds.. and I have 4 stamina... It barely touched me, and I used no potions or any buffs etc...
    157j1h.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/157j1h.png
    Edited by metronom3 on 21 March 2015 20:56
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    metronom3 wrote: »
    This must have changed a lot, I just did this very easily without even trying at lvl 13!

I ran up to the troll pounded his head in a bit and it died! Whole fight must have lasted like 20 seconds.. and I have 4 stamina... It barely touched me, and I used no potions or any buffs etc...
    157j1h.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/157j1h.png

Yup, they scale to your level now. No more having to fight level 38 trolls as a level 12 anymore.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Mistress_Loki
    Mistress_Loki
    Soul Shriven
    Completed at level 9. Pretty happy :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, all of the enemies in this quest now scale to your level, but they will not scale down any lower than level 12. So if you're below level 8 you may want to level up a bit before doing it, but from level 8-11 it shouldn't be too difficult, and once you hit level 12 it'll be no harder than any other quest. Having just tested it on a level 4, though, I can tell you that it's still a bit of a challenge for a level 4 (it took me 3 tries to kill the troll, but no deaths - I ended up having to run away twice though in order to stay alive).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ClydeousMichelangelo
    ClydeousMichelangelo
    Soul Shriven
    Where do you find a werewolf mob in daggerfall???
  • o2kombato
    o2kombato
    Soul Shriven
    When you have been turn into a werewolf do you have to wait a couple of days before you can bite others??
  • Prestn
    Prestn
    o2kombato wrote: »
    When you have been turn into a werewolf do you have to wait a couple of days before you can bite others??

I think you gotta get your werewolf skill to level 6 before you have the ability to bite others. That skill has a 7 day cool down.
    Dragonknight Tank
    Sorcerer DPS
    High Warlord of The Dark Knights
    PSN: RatedOld
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    Got bit from the rare spawn last night with easily 100 other people there. Went into the solo instance and it was all scaled to my level. I'm thinking they fixed it to scale with the patch that dropped yesterday. So for everyone thinking of strategies and how this is gonna be hard, I went in there and killed the troll in like 5 hits at level 22
  • Prestn
    Prestn
    The rare werewolves have been out in full force, I think we had 5+ members infected in the last 24 hours.
    Dragonknight Tank
    Sorcerer DPS
    High Warlord of The Dark Knights
    PSN: RatedOld
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    So I bit my friend and he started the quest and he's in the hunting grounds, but none of the bosses will spawn. I share played him because I didn't believe him but he's right, I talked to somgumdur or whatever his name is but he only says can you feel the power, can you taste it? No bosses will spawn. So he can't complete the quest. Please help.
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    Ok nevermind, I had him leave the instance for 10 minutes and re enter and it worked. So if anyone else has this problem with the bosses not showing up, try that.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit another random yesterday ...
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• V-BOB
    V-BOB
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting bored in reapers March (ad) been going every night for ages no werewolves, Gahhhhh this is crazy, anyone able to offer advice or a bite lol
  • margopolo3
    margopolo3
    Soul Shriven
    V-BOB wrote: »
    I'm getting bored in reapers March (ad) been going every night for ages no werewolves, Gahhhhh this is crazy, anyone able to offer advice or a bite lol

I have been having the same problem - full moon and everything and I haven't seem a werewolf in like 2 weeks in reapers march
  • Rebelheart
    Rebelheart
    Soul Shriven
    Where do i find the quest im having trouble finding it ive been attacked by a werewolf and have the diesese but cant seem to find the quest where do i have to go to make the quest start? many thanks :)
  • Meerkaatt
    Meerkaatt
    Soul Shriven
    I was level 25 when I completed the quest line. I went looking for the wolves to bite me in full moon, with no luck. I headed to the Werewolf shrine and someone actually just bit me out of nowhere (thanks!). I then did the quest line straight after, with level 25 heavy armour (my chest armour had about 1110 armour rating), some bread to increase health, and a few dram of health potions.

I encountered the Troll, who was only level 25, the same as me. No problem killing him, just took couple of tries.

The hardest bit of this quest is getting bitten in the first place. If you have no luck, head to the werewolf shine. You might get bitten for free, or there will be people charging if you reeeeaallly want to be a werewolf. Someone offered me 7k for them to bite me, they then dropped their offer to 2k. However, then I got bitten for free :D
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was at the shrine Friday and the guild member who was going in was level 10 but the guest was giving everything at 38 plus there was a new boss to take down large lizard with sparks. Was the quest changed with this new patch? When l went threw it leveled with me at 27
  • ScaniX
    ScaniX
    ✭✭✭
    I went in with level 6 and got level 38 enemies. I only managed to kill a tiger, but the troll and the spark lizard both one hitted me. Xd
    PS5 - Dolchsturz - Werwolfzauberer & Vampirtempler
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was lvl 9 when I started the "Hunting Grounds" yesterday. All mobs were lvl 38, so much stronger than me - managed to kill single Senche Panther at once, two of them were too much (as well as every other kind of "small" mobs there). Went for the big pray and found Troll... was smashed in 10 sec with two hits. The Troll has 20k health and hits 900-1000 dps, while I had about 3.4k and about 100 dps hit.
    OK, needed to upgrade a bit... I've levelled to 10, made myself a good lvl 10 "blue" armour and weapons and bought some nice tri-potions - and off we go again. This time I've fought against 2-3 mobs and lived, so tried the Troll again. Well, I've survived 30 sec longer :D I fought him about 5 times and managed to weaken him down to 70%, but no more.
    I've lost hope a bit, but thanks to that topic I've decided to change the instance and re-entered few times (about 10 in total). First few times I've got the Troll, so didn't bother to even try. Than the Snake - tough one, but spanked him down to 50% before I died. Decided to try once more and got the Wamasu - and jackpot! Was killed at first attempt, but as we got to know each other better ;) I've killed him in about a minute. Just stay behind him and watch for the sparks, he is very slow compared to troll and snake, and doesn't heal so fast.
    Little advice for the fresh pups: don't leave the place after you kill the boss and become "full" werewolf - you can stay there in ww form forever, so go ahead and hunt a bit to level your ww skills.

Btw, I have another "fresh" ww bitten a week ago - she was lvl 17 and killed the Troll without significant effort and extra armour/food. But it was before the latest patch, and the quest was bugged (couldn't speak to Hircine or howl for the pack).

EDIT: And please, don't buy the bites! PM me or @Glaiceana and we'll arrange a free bite for you - in any alliance.
    Edited by Streega on 17 January 2016 17:24
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Master Angler
  • Mustachio125
    Mustachio125
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a L19 NB and only seem to get the giant snake. I waited 10-15 minutes and still nothing. Any tips?
  • Mustachio125
    Mustachio125
    Soul Shriven
    Update: I logged out and went back in to get the mammoth first time.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got bit on my NB when he was like lvl 3 ( forgot I was bitten until like level 37) so Saturday I did the quest and stayed in there ( as you should always do until at least ww lvl 3 for devour passive, I recommend staying until at least ww 5 to be able to bite, because then your bite was free or you can assist guildies ect. ) However seeing as how high lvl I was I decided to grind till ww 10 it took just over an hour ( barely ).

I was pleasantly surprised :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Been 5th level when got the bite. During Hircine's Gift quest my target was a Wamasu - very comfortable for low levels because it often uses AoE and "hittable" in that time. Just don't allow hit you
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I got bitten at the shrine in Bangkorai today so thanks for whoever did that for me, I am currently lvl 6 so will update with progress once I've made some.... A quick try with lvl 4 armor and weapons didn't prove too successful.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so they made it so enemoes scale to your level, and then they changed it again to lv 38 mobs? that sucks! Im only lv 15 ill try visiting the shrine and see if anyone with a warm wolf heart wants to bite me... ;)
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I did it :) Some new lvl 6 armor and weapons mixed with some luck and patience
    craybest wrote: »
    so they made it so enemoes scale to your level, and then they changed it again to lv 38 mobs? that sucks! Im only lv 15 ill try visiting the shrine and see if anyone with a warm wolf heart wants to bite me... ;)

Which alliance?
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im a breton, DC alliance. i nees to go to bangkorai. :)
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    Then I can help
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh awesome how can I contact you?
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I just realised that it's a bit more complicated, I'm on xbox one on the NA server.