Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Sorc builds would like some help!

odinswill
odinswill
Hello people,

I am looking to some guidance on Sorcerers.

I read somewhere it is possible to reach 48% crit chance. Firstly I would like to know HOW EXACTLY you can reach this type of %?

Second of all is a crit bassed sorcerer (with the heal 50% chance on crit) a viable build? This meaning you have a resto staff.

I honestly dont know where to go with my sorcerer, what to focus on. I feel the magicka cap is extremly low. Very easy to reach, in other words the full 50 points in HP seems pretty much "how it should be".

Any sort of input on how you have built your sorcerer and have found really good success in PVE and PVP would be really kind.

Regards to all.
  • ShallowTech
    I am interested in this as well... My Sorc is only a level 12 and I feel like I have already made some mistakes. The storm skill set is what I wanted but I am not sure if I am going about it correctly. Additionally, I have been using points for crafting (light armor & woodworking), enchanting, provisioning and alchemy. Is this the wrong thing to do?
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, if you have inner light (active) and prodigy (passive), it would be 30%.

Maybe there are other passives, and potions that will get this higher.

@ShallowTech‌ no worries, people play game differently, you don't need to follow a model as long as you are happy.

If you did eventually find out its a mistake, you can always goto Stendarr shrine in the capital city and respec the skills. It will return all the skill points you earned up to that point at a cost of ~100 gold/point. e.g., ~3k at level 20.
    Edited by crislevin on 9 April 2014 00:35
    Options
  • Polaritie
    Polaritie
    Prodigy (Light Armor) is 10%
    Inner Light is 20%
    Exploitation is another 15% iirc (but I don't know that this can ever be applied to bosses and such)

There's probably another chunk of crit I'm forgetting.
    Options
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    That mage Guild light spell morphed gives absurd crit
    http://esohead.com/skills/40478-inner-light
    Edited by Khazaad on 9 April 2014 02:25
    Options
  • odinswill
    odinswill
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Prodigy (Light Armor) is 10%
    Inner Light is 20%
    Exploitation is another 15% iirc (but I don't know that this can ever be applied to bosses and such)

There's probably another chunk of crit I'm forgetting.

The last phrase : another chunk of crit, is what I am looking for!!!

What is exploitation? This is something I missed.

Light armor gives 10%, inner light is 17%, so that makes 27%.

Dark magic can be buffed by 15%. (through passive tree)
    Fire magic 10%. Personally I will use this buff for my mages guild ulti fire damage.

Having a resto staff with the passive that heals yourself for half your crit damage is a must in this type of build. Using this healing stuff also pushed your base damage by 10% with a skill from passive.

I found out about the "theif boon". But I cannot see any boost from my current 27% at this current time.

I would like to find out how to get this base stat boosted, so this "exploitation" intrests me, what is it?
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inner light gets 20% when its leveled.
    Options
  • ShallowTech
    crislevin wrote: »
    well, if you have inner light (active) and prodigy (passive), it would be 30%.

Maybe there are other passives, and potions that will get this higher.

@ShallowTech‌ no worries, people play game differently, you don't need to follow a model as long as you are happy.

If you did eventually find out its a mistake, you can always goto Stendarr shrine in the capital city and respec the skills. It will return all the skill points you earned up to that point at a cost of ~100 gold/point. e.g., ~3k at level 20.

Well that is a nice feature... Does that reset all the researchable crafting items, etc. ?

It is fun and gives me things to do besides just running around and killing everything. I just wanted to be sure when I went to PvP that I could somewhat battle.

ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that is a nice feature... Does that reset all the researchable crafting items, etc. ?

It is fun and gives me things to do besides just running around and killing everything. I just wanted to be sure when I went to PvP that I could somewhat battle.
    Not sure about the crafting items, but don't think Stendarr will reset those. It simply return all the skill points you spent.

I am sure you will be able to contribute to battle, PvP can be mostly group battles, rather than 1 on 1. With so many skill points, I bet you will have 5 spells that can help the group, o matter how you spent the skill points.
    Options
  • Nybling
    Nybling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to get over 40% base spell crit:

> 10% spell crit form 5 pieces of light armor
    > 20% spell crit from Inner Light (Magelight morph)
    > 6-7% spell crit from an epic/legendary weapon w/ precise.
    > 8% spell crit if you go into a Cyrodiil campaign where your alliance completely dominates.
    > 10% spell crit from wearing a particular jewelry set that can be found/purchased w/ APs in Cyrodiil.

If you do all of these things, you can end up with 55% spell crit.
    Member, Entropy Rising
    - Beta Tester since March 2013.
    - Psijic Tester since October 2013
    - Veteran Rank 16 once upon a time
    Options