Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

Is it me or is Ransack and Razor Armor going up really slow?

junkmerchant_ESO
Currently my DK is level 10 but these skills are at level 1 and only about 1/4 there way through there experience bar. I use them ever fight, yet they are going up so slowly. I don't remember this behavior in beta. Anyone else seeing this? Is this a confirmed bug?

Junk
  • dkp1998
    dkp1998
    Ransack and Razor Armor are morphs of Puncture and Spiked armor Respectively. After morphing skills level much slower
    Options
  • KoooZ
    KoooZ
    ✭✭
    dkp1998 wrote: »
    Ransack and Razor Armor are morphs of Puncture and Spiked armor Respectively. After morphing skills level much slower

Did not know this, pretty important info considering I use my points on the skills I like/use more.
    Options
  • Master_Quack14b14_ESO
    Skills do NOT level like in Skyrim. As a Sorcerer I didn't use ANY summoning skills for the first 8-10 levels. I put just ONE point into the tree and still didn't use any of the abilities. After 2 levels the tree caught right up to the other two class specific ones.

I have also noticed that skills I use all of the time do not level any faster than the ones I don't use at all. It almost appears that when you complete quests you receive random experience bonuses to things you have put a point or two in. It almost appears to be completely random how abilities progress.
    Options
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    Skills do NOT level like in Skyrim. As a Sorcerer I didn't use ANY summoning skills for the first 8-10 levels. I put just ONE point into the tree and still didn't use any of the abilities. After 2 levels the tree caught right up to the other two class specific ones.

I have also noticed that skills I use all of the time do not level any faster than the ones I don't use at all. It almost appears that when you complete quests you receive random experience bonuses to things you have put a point or two in. It almost appears to be completely random how abilities progress.

It is not random at all. Skills level differently in ESO. If a skill is on your active hotbar it will gain exp when you gain exp. Any exp. skill lines level as long a s you have at least one skill on your active bar when you gain exp. weapons level as long as the weapon is equipped. The more abilities within a skill line / weapon you have on your active bar the larger the exp earned by those skills.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a side note. But put all your buff skills and anything else you want to level but don't want on your main bar in your second slot. Then, when it's time to turn in a quest, switch weapons to your secondary bar so it can get all that juicy quest xp.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options