The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Launcher won't start after auto-update

xabby
xabby
Hi.

I've been in the beta since back in February and in the pre-launch (5 days) and I have been playing the game just fine so far. But tonight, i started the launcher as usual and it auto-updated itself.

Once it completed the download (again, just for for the launcher, not the game patch or anything of that nature), it closed up to restart ,,, but then I waited, and waited, and waited and nothing would happen. I tried to start it again and got a message stating that only one instance of this process is allowed to run at anytime.

So I opened up the Task Manager (btw, i am running on Windows 8.1) and could see the "Zenimax Online Studios Launcher.exe" process in the Background Processes section. Its using about 3% of my CPU and about 110 MB of memory... which seems to be going up very slowly. Yep.. 2 min later and its now around 121 mb with no sign of stopping anytime soon.

Not sure what to do at this point.. I mean something definitely happened right after it auto-updated, so i doubt its because I am not running it as an admin, or my virus protection program is running (which I have stopped by the way just to be sure although it never was a problem before).

I hope you guys can help soon because with the amount of money I have shed on this game is pretty steep and I can't even use it the very day I entered my 30 days key in my account :neutral_face:

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • xabby
    xabby
    Woah... This is interesting. I noticed that once I tried to start the launcher, its icon appeared in the "Show Hidden Icons" section in your windows task bar. Now, if you DOUBLE click on it, Voilà !!! the launcher appears on screen and I can now see the Launcher in the Apps section of the task manager.

Not sure why its doing this behavior as I had no need to do this prior to its update.

Hope this helps someone else having the same issue.
    Edited by xabby on 5 April 2014 16:02
    Options