Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with finding the right class?

Nitrius
Nitrius
✭✭
I am currently playing a Nord Dragonknight with 2h and heavy armor, but am tempted to try something else.

The sorcerer, been thinking about daggers/bow with magic, but the other thing is light armor, i don't really like the look of the robes, even though i know there is other chest pieces for light armor, robe seem to be what there is most of.

So i was thinking of maybe going medium/heavy armor, but that will probably hamper my magic use? Anyway a sorc with daggers/bow and magic using medium/heavy armor, is that viable at all?
  • Yuki_Midori
    Yuki_Midori
    ✭✭✭
    you could wear full set (5) of light armor, then just replace chest piece and another with a heavier armor and spec into those slightly to get some stam or hp bonuses from them.

and yes, I have seen ideas of heavy armor sorc archers (med would work also), but you will want to make up for your lack of magicka bonuses with light armor by choosing a race that could help that. I suggest at least wearing something and a couple light armor to get some extra passives in.
    Edited by Yuki_Midori on 4 April 2014 17:03
  • Bansheebott
    Bansheebott
    Soul Shriven
    The light armor skill line has passives that boost magicka related things, but there are Heavy/Medium armors that have enchantments geared toward magic users too.

The easiest life for a heavy/medium armor casting focused character would be to become an enchanter (or have a friend who is one) and just enchant your gear with magicka bonuses/regen.