The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lvl 15 Boss strat

Adena
Adena
For the lvl 15 quest boss underneath the Vulkhel Guard lighthouse... (Pretty sure I butchered that name, but whatever.)

Does anyone have a good strat for beating this guy? He spams an instant attack that hits me for 125 (95 with lightning form up) and does not appear to be avoidable. I am a sorc and have resorted to spamming Crystalline Fragments and using the resto staff regen, all while running around the big rock in the room to wait for my magicka to regen.

I have gotten very close several times with this method, but I feel I am missing something to have to resort to chain CC. Something to do with the green totem aoe he puts in the ground? Please help. :(
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did you wear as armor?
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • Adena
    Adena
    Medium and light, but he was still hitting for close to 100 even with lightning form up, which easily softcaps both magic resist and armor anyway. The dude hits like a truck.
    Edited by Adena on 4 April 2014 08:43
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the toughest fight so far for me too although I did win on the first try. I was Templar, Restoration staff, and used the Dawns light slow skill, and just kept up regeneration and spammed staff power attack, and healing ritual as needed, Dark Flare when I could afford the 2 second cast (usually when he charged up his big attack. All light armour, soft capped magika/magika regen.

Don't forget to dodge if you need to in order to avoid some attacks.

Edit: In regards to the stick he puts in the ground, I just pulled him away from it, as it looked nasty. I could be wrong but I think it also help him regenerate...
    Edited by danno8 on 4 April 2014 13:11
    Options
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using familiars? The clannfear can be very useful for fights like this. I didn't think it was, until I respec'ed into a pure lightning spec. I found out just how useful those familiars can be. Quickly went back to my kite spec.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
    Options