The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

DK Ranged..What!

Jeddahwe
Jeddahwe
✭✭✭
Looking over class abilities I noticed DK's have within Draconic Power:

* Dragon Blood--> Green Dragon Blood: Heals for 33% of missing health and increases health and stamina regeneration by 40% and 30%.

* Reflective Scale --> Dragon Fire Scale: Reflects spell projectiles for 4 sec and adds 35% dmg

Seems to me this lends its self to Bow! Bow uses Stamina and has single target and AE attacks that either do more dmg or add snares and immobilize!

This seems like it has the ability to shut down a spell caster between Bow morphed attack that interrupts casts and reflect and knock back then switch to second weapon and stun and pull I'm thinking this may actually work!

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#czczgginjX8innv8innU8uELs8uEI18uENg8injX8inTJ8inyC8uELs8uEI18LxRn8L7M68p7JcdBET6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBvT6MdBEp8T7JcrqLw6MrqAi6MrqAZ6MrqAI6MrqAD8g7HLsXy6LsXg6rsXn6Mippo6MipL46Mippq6MippV6MipLW6LsXx6rsXt8l7Drzky6Lzkg6MuvVD6MuvVJ6MuvVO6rop8P7ardYw8Z7pznrJs6cnrJi6cnfeO6cnrJG

Thoughts?
Edited by Jeddahwe on 4 April 2014 07:21
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
    All classes can use any playstyle. Just don't choose stupid stuff like gap closers in a bow build or healing spells in a melee fighting oriented build, and you should be fine.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WRONG

Healing spells do work for melee fighting long as they aint from restoration staff and provide significantly good Healing... some of them behing percentage of health and not raw numbers they would even be mendatory in a build (dragon blood)

exemple:

Vampire drain (main Healing ability to vampire!): works all good with an hybrid build as it also restore stamina!

Life siphon (main Healing ability to the night blade): Can be usefull in any nightblade that wish to spec for assasination. Just make sure you cast it once but thats Worth its salt only if you got some magicka

Dragon blood (heavy Healing ability to dragon knight): If you aint picked up that spell as a dragon knight tank you must be foolish or simply put blind or insane... heals you for 30 bloody percent of your total health and grant stamina regeneration or increased armor are you kidding of course you need to pick that up!

By all mean dont be a noob pick up at least ONE self Healing ability in your spell bar.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on 4 April 2014 14:40
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    Most people still think classes mean you are stuck in a certain play style because that's how they are in most games. People will learn eventually that you can do almost anything if you set it up right.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Im a nightblade healer and a Proud user of the Blasphemous blood mage healer build! Proof that templar arent the only one around able to heal.

I will create a light armor dragon knight just for the sake of spamming fire and draconic ability while having uber survivability and i likely plan to play a Death knight nightblade heavy damage build next.. class means nothing when it comes to role.
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    < Light Armor Dark Elf Templar, Bow, Dawn's wrath and restoring light, kicking stuffs BUTTTTT
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    Im a nightblade healer and a Proud user of the Blasphemous blood mage healer build! Proof that templar arent the only one around able to heal.

I will create a light armor dragon knight just for the sake of spamming fire and draconic ability while having uber survivability and i likely plan to play a Death knight nightblade heavy damage build next.. class means nothing when it comes to role.

Were will the survivability come from? How can you keep melee off you?