The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Game will not start ? keep clicking PLAY

tommeboy
tommeboy
full download on Monday ..
patched today Wednesday ..
Now the game will not start ?
I keep clicking PLAY .. and nothing happens ..
I go back to PLAY button ?
It's been like this for about 8 hours now ?
  • tommeboy
    tommeboy
    Support says this

Please go to My Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online/Live and look for the UserSettings.txt file. Then perform the following steps:
    • Open UserSettings.txt with Notepad
    • Press Ctrl + F and search for RequestedNumThreads
    • This brings you to the line SET RequestedNumThreads "X" (with a number instead of X)
    • Change that number to 0 (zero, not the letter O)
    • Save and close the document
    • Restart the launcher and try to launch the game

but still does the same thing
    Options
  • tommeboy
    tommeboy
    3 days into my 3 day early access .. I got nothing
    The game will not even start ?
    Options
  • Megrana_Leoht
    If you have any type of internet security software try disabling it completely... Only way I can get past the Play button problem.
    Options
  • Vistrix
    Vistrix
    Go to your installation folder and launch the ESO.exe directly in admin mode (right click > Launch as Administrator)
    Options
  • tommeboy
    tommeboy
    closing my Antivirus (Webroot) worked.

and in fact .. re-running a scan (in Webroot) will then re-enable the game to be launched even with Webroot active

GLTA
    Options