Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

character race different than alliance races

Beaghan
Beaghan
Is there any problem making a character a race that is not part of the alliance that you create them in? I've done this and have been playing them with no problems but now I finally read about the different alliances and wondered if there would be any issues in the end game or anything? thanks.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, No problems at all.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you've preordered then you will continually be able to play any race in any faction. Those who have not, will not.
  • Beaghan
    Beaghan
    ok thanks, better to find out now than after 50 levels :)
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even for rp'n purposes you could think of it as a character that was wronged somehow by their original faction so they switched sides. But no, there aren't any walls you'll run into. Enjoy!
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Beaghan that makes sense.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Beaghan wrote: »
    Is there any problem making a character a race that is not part of the alliance that you create them in? I've done this and have been playing them with no problems but now I finally read about the different alliances and wondered if there would be any issues in the end game or anything? thanks.
    In the "normal" game you are only supposed to choose between the races of the alliance you pick.

The people who pre-ordered get a special perk that allows them to make any race in any alliance. But this is not how it will work normally. It is a special gift to people who have the explorer pack.
  • Trevyn
    Trevyn
    It is a grand ability, I just hope that soon after release the Imperial Edition upgrade will be taken off the store to give first day/month(s) players a sense appreciation for money spent.

Trevyn-