Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Might be Nice to Have a Little Warning About Server Downtime

DV_Cypher
DV_Cypher
This is the second time that the servers have been down for maintenance without warning. Every good game is gonna need significant downtime for maintenance, but I think it would be nice to have some idea of the time frame ahead of time rather than after it occurs just so the players know.

Maybe a post on the official game client message board a little in advance? Just an idea! :)
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Albert Einstein
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True - but note this is the Q&A forum, and lots of people have already posted about this.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    Sorry about the server going down, Cypher. It was, however, posted on the forums that the servers would be coming down for scheduled maintenance about an hour before they were actually shut down.

Not calling you out or anything, just wanted to let you know that they did announce it in advance.
  • lee_mcdonaghb16_ESO
    What is the point of posting it on the forums? If you are playing the game you are not on the forums. If you are not playing the game but reading the forums then server downtime doesn't affect you unless you will be logging in when there is a downtime, in which case you are aware.

Please put the downtime scheduling on the front page of the launcher and give warnings in game. I know this happens but I also have been kicked from the game without any warning at all, scheduled or not.
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    @Beucko‌ Thank you, I should have looked into it more before posting, that's on me!
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Albert Einstein
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    DV_Cypher wrote: »
    @Beucko‌ Thank you, I should have looked into it more before posting, that's on me!

No worries, buddy. Honest mistake and can happen to anybody.

@lee_mcdonaghb16_ESO I get your point and maybe it would have been better if they had mentioned it prior to closing the server up. The point of the matter is that it was announced before the actual closing of the server itself.