Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we have an official Announcement about extended game time please?

Willow
Willow
✭✭✭
I have noted in various threads that we are to be given an extended game time but do not see an official announcement?

Can an announcement be created ? (please do not post dev reply to thread quotes as that is not what I am asking)
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a 48 hour grace period after launch so that we have 2 days in which to purchase the game, if you have preordered.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • james_2k
    james_2k
    its just a grace period, nothing to do with compensation. just to let people whos codes havent arrived continue to play
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    There is a 48 hour grace period after launch so that we have 2 days in which to purchase the game, if you have preordered.

Eh? If you preordered, you purchased the game. Same thing, you just get some perks for being an enthusiastic customer.

• Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    TY for replies. I really hope communication gets a bit better. I know they are swamped .
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaudrath wrote: »

Eh? If you preordered, you purchased the game. Same thing, you just get some perks for being an enthusiastic customer.

@Gaudrath
    People who preordered from retailers do not yet have the game, they either need to collect or buy it depending on the method of sale.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • frogturtle6b14_ESO
    frogturtle6b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    james_2k wrote: »
    its just a grace period, nothing to do with compensation. just to let people whos codes havent arrived continue to play

We don't know if it's for compensation or not. Maybe they hide the fact that it is compensation because then they would be violating their own terms of service and they come up with a perfectly logical reason for extending game time. Either way, I'm happy.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they announced the grace period months ago... So I don't think it's compensation.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭

@Gaudrath
    People who preordered from retailers do not yet have the game, they either need to collect or buy it depending on the method of sale.

Ah, you mean boxed copies. Gotcha.

People still buy those? ;)
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gaudrath

Ah, you mean boxed copies. Gotcha.

People still buy those? ;)

It was £10 ($16) cheaper, so I thought I might as well get the retail copy.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • gregk2ub17_ESO
    Ok... someone at Bethesda has do reconsider this grace period. Having pre-ordered the BIG physical Imperial Edition well over a month ago for my girlfriend, I just got an email saying it will arrive on the 9th of this month. How does this make sense? Stating that you need a code within the physical game to keep your status and then not having that physical game arrive on launch day?
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭

That's funny, usually digital editions cost less than boxed ones, what with all the extra costs physical packaging incurs, with standard digital preorder usually being the cheapest.

I guess they upped the price on the digital preorder because of the early access and perks.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's funny, usually digital editions cost less than boxed ones, what with all the extra costs physical packaging incurs, with standard digital preorder usually being the cheapest.

I guess they upped the price on the digital preorder because of the early access and perks.

@Gaudrath
    Actually, I got all the preorder perks from the boxed copy. The only difference between the boxed and digital copy was that the digital copy was 5 day early access, and the boxed was 3.
    I think it was worth saving £10 on.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭

A digital copy may cost a company less money than producing a physical copy, but that usually doesn't stop them from charging the same amount for either one.