Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anatomy of a Forum Troll

TheToastedOne
It has come to my attention that there have been numerous accounts of trolling occurring on these forums.

I want to take a minute and try to elaborate on the reasons as to why such actions are taking place. Please keep in mind, these poor, poor souls simply can not help themselves from trolling relentlessly around these forums. Due to years of trolling all over the country, and even the world, they have developed unique characteristics that are simply so fascinating and so unique, I just had to share them.

gu_20100326.jpg

UPDATE: After being trolled myself, I've decided to make a few adjustments. Please, please, please do not feed the trolls. That is all.
Edited by TheToastedOne on 3 April 2014 19:32
  • ladywillow15
    ladywillow15
    ✭✭
    hMI1HK3.gif
    Edited by ladywillow15 on 3 April 2014 19:28
    "May you walk on warm sands."
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, the best way to handle a Forum Troll is to "Troll" them right back.

Don't feed the troll!
    just leave it be, under it's bridge where its dark & dank... like their souls
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I get it, my trolling skills just leveled up.
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • Unvalid
    Unvalid
    ✭✭
    lol, awesome
    "I dual wield two dwarves dual wielding two two-handed swords in two-handed grips with one hand in each hand"
  • TheToastedOne
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Remember, the best way to handle a Forum Troll is to "Troll" them right back.

Don't feed the troll!
    just leave it be, under it's bridge where its dark & dank... like their souls

Fair enough.... Fair enough.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passive/aggressive trolls are actually better left alone, don't troll them back that's what they are looking for
  • Grand_Wazoo
    Grand_Wazoo
    ✭✭✭
    Professional complainers abound in our society; may they find no solace in the land of the sane.
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    We throw the word around constantly but truth is everyone has a little troll in them just waiting to come out. I speak only the truth.
  • TheToastedOne
    Distrobomb wrote: »
    We throw the word around constantly but truth is everyone has a little troll in them just waiting to come out. I speak only the truth.

You don't even know what you're talking about. Newb!

Oh, wait... I see what you did there. Sneaky.
    Edited by TheToastedOne on 3 April 2014 19:34
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember, if you tell someone to stop bothering you...
    They'll continue to bother you.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Ashenangel
    Ashenangel
    ✭✭
    very good :) and dont forget trolls are prob a 13 yr old thats just fiq how to type:)
    The worlds gone to hell in a hand basket >:)
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    Distrobomb wrote: »

You don't even know what you're talking about. Newb!

Oh, wait... I see what you did there. Sneaky.

Sneaky bugger, you almost got me

• ZOS_JordanH
    Greetings. This thread has been closed. Please do not troll the trolls, lest you cause a trollception.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.