Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

GOOD JOB ON THE NEW FORUM!!!

oomaplestoryoo
Finally, you guys have done an awesome job sorting out the forum. This is the way I like it. At least I know what I am clicking on now.
  • alleigha
    alleigha
    It's an improvement, however it really need to have a general discussion category, off topic discussion, class topic, etc. It seems many people are just posting under "player helping player" because they are struggling with finding the right place to post.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    still the worst mmo forum ive been on.
    Edited by Teroh on 3 April 2014 18:53
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you know what you're' clicking...

I opened the main page and stared at it for a half an hr. :s If you click the language in the top right corner of the site, then that should be it. The color scheme is bad enough with brown on brown let alone throw all of the languages together.

Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »

I actually like it. The little tools like agree are nice, I don't know any other MMO Forum that has these.

We need to work a bit on "removing rudeness" however, I saw some not so nice posts already :(
  • oomaplestoryoo
    Yeah I agree, We need more sub forum for general discussion and other stuffs. But overall, it's a big improvement.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    We need to work a bit on "removing rudeness" however, I saw some not so nice posts already :(
    That essentially comes down to organizing a moderator team of invitational volunteers.
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    It's still bad. I'm not being picky, but it seriously doesn't "flow" at all.

It's like the mmo version of the obamacare website.
  • timebandit_b16_ESO
    timebandit_b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »

Agree. Ive been playing horrible asian mmos where the fora were top notch and everything made sense, compared to this template crap built over a weekend.
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it's a step in the right direction but c'mon...this is a mess to try and navigate. They should put all the different language categories under their own sections..The forum (language version) that is displayed to you is decided by what language localization you click in the upper right hand corner of every page here, once that is chosen you should no longer be seeing French or any other forum /sub forum.

Then once you got that sorted, you are brought into a list of categories...a traditional layout.. Aiming to be different in spite of conventional GUI navigation often leads to an ugly user experience.

No doubt I will get used to it and find my way around...just seems odd, this current layout.
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Nope ... worst forum layout ever. Horrible. Counter intuitive. Bad.

Example (1 of many)... sign in to pick your language... done...still see FR and DE all over the place. The catagory list to the right should show ONLY english since that's what I selected...

Again horrible layout and implimentation... hope it gets better.

Edited by thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO on 3 April 2014 19:17
  • oomaplestoryoo
    We can't expect anything to be perfect in just 1 or 2 days. If anyone hang out on the forum a lot you might be familiar with my previous post the other day about how messy the forum was. Well, they listened and they changed, that's all matter.

I'm sure the forum will be better in no time soon.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't like this forum...I can't find anything.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's doing better now.
    I still think that there should be a general discussion - without general discussion it seems everyone thinks that Q&A is general discussion...
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Futon
    Futon
    Well, the forum is pretty bad, but at least we have a lot of cool profile avatars to choose from. :smile:
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    We can't expect anything to be perfect in just 1 or 2 days. If anyone hang out on the forum a lot you might be familiar with my previous post the other day about how messy the forum was. Well, they listened and they changed, that's all matter.

I'm sure the forum will be better in no time soon.

Forum has been up like this for months during beta... although it was much gimped from it's current size the layout was the same.

I too hope it will get better but I cant see them doing it any time soon.

• Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    That essentially comes down to organizing a moderator team of invitational volunteers.

That's actually a very good idea, Cinco. I applaud it when community members step up to moderate an environment to make it more enjoyable for everyone.

However, considering on how ''young'' our community is so far, I believe the people in charge would need to sort out the trustworthy volunteers from the ''ermergerd, maek me mod nao, pl0x'' volunteers.

Greetings,
    Beucko
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    ... it seems everyone thinks that Q&A is general discussion...
    That's because it is now a sub forum under Game Discussion. However, prior to that I supported the notion to just start using it as the GD.

If you don't have one... the people will make their own.

Edited by SeñorCinco on 3 April 2014 19:33
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think that there should be a general discussion - without general discussion it seems everyone thinks that Q&A is general discussion...
    That's because it is now a sub forum under Game Discussion. However, prior to that I supported the notion to just start using it as the GD.

It is under game discussion, but specifically this is a place to ask questions. I honestly see no reason why anyone would misinterpret that.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Kinsaven
    Kinsaven
    ✭✭✭
    It's certainly an improvement compared to what it was, and I'm happy to see they are actually listening and taking suggestions. :) Still could do with a little tweaking and organisation, but it's getting there.

I do still think that you need to click way too much to get to the forum section you need, and sometimes it isn't clear where to find said section at all.
    Edited by Kinsaven on 3 April 2014 20:44
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭
    As it stands the official ESO forums really need some work. First point is that they should auto switch based on the chosen language in the top right of the page. I'm no xenophobe but at the same time I don't want to have to scroll through and choose separate sections based on which language I can read and write.
    This also brings me onto navigation, its AWFUL! Theirs no flow to it, no defined place for general discussions, class discussions etc etc if these are the forums we are going to be forced to use I may have to reconsider where I use as my "home" forums while playing this game.
    Edited by Allumis on 3 April 2014 19:35
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    Good job on the bugs in your game Zenimax. Stellar job

Now can I have my fish back please?
    Edited by Distrobomb on 3 April 2014 19:36
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is under game discussion, but specifically this is a place to ask questions. I honestly see no reason why anyone would misinterpret that.

Because one will enter that forum heading expecting to find a GD. When faced with the alternatives, the choice is made for the most appropriate of what you have.

In general terms... the GD Forum is considered the Q and A to start with. Rename this forum to what it needs to be.

IMO.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on 3 April 2014 19:39
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/ has all the cool likes , agrees, dislikes but in a much cleaner form.

http://xenforo.com/
    Edited by Teroh on 3 April 2014 19:40
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • oomaplestoryoo
    Should be something like this I think.

i.imgur.com/7GOH9ix.jpg
    Edited by oomaplestoryoo on 3 April 2014 19:42
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Who said theyre misinterpreting it? They failed to give the Community an outlet for General Discussion and the Community in turn laid claim to Player Asked Questions as the de facto Community General Discussion.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭

i.imgur.com/7GOH9ix.jpg

I agree with this, each forum is clearly defined as to what you're going to expect to see inside of it, its all produced in the main language at the users request and to top it off they even have player stories/roleplaying forums! A major miss for a TES game, almost like throwing half of the community on the garbage heap before we start.

Edited by Allumis on 3 April 2014 19:50
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allumis wrote: »

i.imgur.com/7GOH9ix.jpg

I agree with this, each forum is clearly defined as to what you're going to expect to see inside of it, its all produced in the main language at the users request and to top it off they even have player stories/roleplaying forums! A major miss for a TES game, almost like throwing half of the community on the garbage heap before we start.

They do. Its just buried under the crap they call a Category Tab

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-fanfiction-roleplaying
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    alleigha wrote: »
    It's an improvement, however it really need to have a general discussion category, off topic discussion, class topic, etc. It seems many people are just posting under "player helping player" because they are struggling with finding the right place to post.
    Yeah, I think it was clear from the first that Player Helping Player was the de facto General Chat. I don't see that changing unless they actually do give us a General. Maybe that's okay.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on 4 April 2014 01:04
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think it needs work.
  • TheladBible
    It needs work but what can we expect? The game has only just been released, the forum will improve with time!

It's a very good start :smile: