Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

For all the people who are NOT upset...

Unvalid
Unvalid
✭✭
The downtime,
I don't mind it, I think ESO is going as good as can be reasonably expected!
They have to do things sometimes.
Just wanna say Thank you for the fun so far.
Im sure I feel the same way as MANY other players.
Dont let the crybabies win! We support you!
"I dual wield two dwarves dual wielding two two-handed swords in two-handed grips with one hand in each hand"
  • SchrodingersKitteh
    I agree, I have had tons of fun so far, and yes, while the downtime and stuff is frustrating, it is not the end of the world, just means I will be looking forwards to playing again when the servers come back up later tonight. :)
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you all the way up to cry babies.They have a valid point as the servers have some pretty weird downtimes and come on you have gotten mad about things that others would call you the same I am sure.But yea its a game, its new, and they will have growing pains
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just laugh at all QQ babies who cant understand that Zeni is OMG! trying to do their best to have game steady for massive launch tomorrow. Those people most likely come from SPRPG(nothing wrong with it) and are expecting that game will be ready every time they put DVD into drive and click desktop icon...
    Tired of trying to explain that MMOs doesnt work that way. Laugh is all what left.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG you mean the sky isn't falling? That's a relief but then what's this wet stuff that keeps falling on me from the sky?

On a serious note...I'd rather have some downtime so things get fixed, the last MMO I played has serious issues that never got resolved including nonstop lag for the past six weeks. So yeah...bring on a few hours downtime if it fixes things and keeps the game smooth. So far ESO has been a joy to play, we were planning to keep playing the other game but we haven't been back since Sunday.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • DJ_Pandatripp
    DJ_Pandatripp
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you OP. Glad they are getting things ready and fixed for launch. And this downtime makes me want to play more, so I'm not getting bored fast. :P
    Gyra Lothbrok Norb DK
    Siggy Haraldson Imperial Templar
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    I'd like to be playing, but these things happen. It's been great so far though, really enjoying the game...

Besides, this is the perfect time to blast some music out!

:lol:
    Edited by Lizard_man on 3 April 2014 18:56
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    Unvalid wrote: »

Yes, someone that wants to actually play the game they just shelled out 80 bucks for is a crybaby.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    :smile: I have a feeling I will love this thread.
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thunder wrote: »
    Unvalid wrote: »

Yes, someone that wants to actually play the game they just shelled out 80 bucks for is a crybaby.

yes they are when they come crying on here when things like this are to be EXPECTED for this type of game.
  • GaBacon
    GaBacon
    ✭✭
    I will tell what i AM pissed off about! I came home early from work and was going to play the game and looked down and my CAT had thrown up on my shoe!
  • BKTHNDR
    BKTHNDR
    ✭✭✭
    Zaggolf wrote: »
    I agree with you all the way up to cry babies.They have a valid point as the servers have some pretty weird downtimes and come on you have gotten mad about things that others would call you the same I am sure.But yea its a game, its new, and they will have growing pains

I wouldn't call during the middle of the day on a weekday a "weird downtime". Most people are at work or in school so I'm sure their server population numbers aren't nearly as high now as they would be in the evenings or on the weekends.
  • brad2112
    brad2112
    This thread will also bring in some crybaby action. Time to make some popcorn and watch the fun.
    Rhaegra Zu - 2H Redguard NB - NA
  • Unvalid
    Unvalid
    ✭✭
    its not what people are complaining about, it the tone in which they complain.
    it just seem like a lot of them are sitting at home table-flipping
    "I dual wield two dwarves dual wielding two two-handed swords in two-handed grips with one hand in each hand"
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call the people crybabies necessarily. It is frustrating and such to not be able to play when you had previously planned to. That being said.. it doesn't really warrant them being absolute jerks on the forums and acting like it's the end of the world because less than a day total got cut out of early access times due to unforeseen bugs.

I think a lot of people maybe just don't understand how software launches in general work, or how bugs pop up regardless of how much you test.. so they have really high expectations that realistically can never be met. I'm sad I can't play, maybe frustrated cause I have the day off.. but I still love the game, I'm going to continue playing it, and I understand why the downtime is necessary so I'm not going to rant at Zenimax, or demand compensation for time I haven't actually paid anything for yet.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    GaBacon wrote: »
    I will tell what i AM pissed off about! I came home early from work and was going to play the game and looked down and my CAT had thrown up on my shoe!

Okay . . . take a deep breath . . . and step away from the cat . . .

"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • TwoClips
    TwoClips
    ✭✭
    I concur!!
    Been Having a blast questing and progressing past beta areas!!
    Downtime is a small hindrance compared to the great product that was created.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is ok, Khajit is just welcoming you home in the traditional manner. You will come to enjoy his little ritual, no?

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Unvalid
    Unvalid
    ✭✭
    I believe that everyone who plays has the RIGHT to complain about what they don't like. But that right doesn't excuse how they are choosing to do so.
    And making demands is laughable to me, suggestions would be much more well received.
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    BKTHNDR wrote: »
    Zaggolf wrote: »

I wouldn't call during the middle of the day on a weekday a "weird downtime". Most people are at work or in school so I'm sure their server population numbers aren't nearly as high now as they would be in the evenings or on the weekends.

Actually i was playing pritty mutch nonestop the forst 48 hours. The primetime is clearly about now, give or take a few hours.
  • Mohkia
    Mohkia
    ✭✭
    Aren't cats great? Leaving little presents everywhere. >:)

On topic. I was kind of disappointed that the servers went down because it is finally my day off and I have a chance to sit down and have a good go at the game. But you know, such is life, so I guess I will get some things done around here while I wait. How dare I be productive. :s
  • Lonestryder
    Lonestryder
    ✭✭✭
    We define ourselves during times such as these. How will you define yourself?
  • vaxure
    vaxure
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you OP , was about to make a post in the same manner, i wan't to come to the forums and see some positive information, gets old listing to all the "Crybabies" yes they are crybabies i don't give two *** if they think they are entitled to the whole world because they we're raised as spoiled little brats. In my book the're nothing but whiners. Now that i'm done with that lol. I love the game and the hard work that's been put into it. It's a launch and Murphy's law is to be expected. it really goes without saying or complaining. I Enjoy the genre of the game and the concept, the graphics look great and thank god i can ignore all of an account rather than one of there "crybaby alts" opps complaining again sorry :) Keep up the great work Zenimax you have a long time customer here!
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭

It is ok, Khajit is just welcoming you home in the traditional manner. You will come to enjoy his little ritual, no?

Mt Dew is not so great coming out of your nose...just a little FYI lol
  • DigitalStorm
    DigitalStorm
    Soul Shriven
    brad2112 wrote: »
    This thread will also bring in some crybaby action. Time to make some popcorn and watch the fun.
    I actually did make popcorn and cracked open an Ice Cold Iced Tea (too early for alcohol) I'm loving all the QQ

• MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    We define ourselves during times such as these. How will you define yourself?

your·self
    [yoor-self, yawr-, yohr-, yer-] pronoun, plural your·selves [yoor-selvz, yawr-, yohr-, yer-]
    1.(an emphatic appositive of you or ye ): a letter you yourself wrote.
    2.a reflexive form of you (used as the direct or indirect object of a verb or the object of a preposition): Don't blame yourself. Did you ever ask yourself “why”? You can think for yourself.
    3.Informal. (used in place of you, especially in compound subjects, objects, and complements): Ted and yourself have been elected. We saw your sister and yourself at the game. People like yourselves always feel like that.
    4.(used in absolute constructions): Yourself having so little money, how could they expect you to help?
    5.your normal or customary self: You'll soon be yourself again.

Edited by MaxBat on 3 April 2014 19:05

• Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lalai, point is mate, that they ARE absolute jerks, most of them. Just ead the topics like OMG i paid 80 whateva and cant play'' or ''Full refund now because server went down!''...I do want to play too, enjoying the game, but some of us understand what ''server'', ''bug'', ''stability'', ''lag'' and other words means...
    Edited by Mortuum on 3 April 2014 19:04
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    nm/dp

Edited by MaxBat on 3 April 2014 19:05

• TheToastedOne
    The people that complain about this downtime are the same people that would be complaining about anything else that were to slightly inconvenience them. This has not been an unreasonable amount of downtime for a brand new game, by any means.

This game is great. If you've got issues, are unhappy or want to complain on a forum, go back to WoW.
  • Unvalid
    Unvalid
    ✭✭
    I don't really like the F2P model for mmo's but one thing that's great about them is
    free to play makes the "I pay, I am right!" standpoint moot, as all transactions are optional.
    Edited by Unvalid on 3 April 2014 19:07
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    brad2112 wrote: »
    I actually did make popcorn and cracked open an Ice Cold Iced Tea (too early for alcohol) I'm loving all the QQ

What can i say, there are enterteiners and there are the ones who watch.