Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

If you have a PLANNED Maintennace- let us know when you Plan it?

Willow
Willow
✭✭✭
I am asking for a message regarding downtime when you all plan the event? Please just a general message ? If you all knew this was going to happen yesterday it would be appreciated if a message was posted here on the baords and on twiter 24 hours before?. There is no way you can give us specfics but even a general heads up:

"Hey folks we are planing on taking the servers down sometime tomorrow so we can prepare for our live launch. We do not have times yet but we think it will be sometime tomorrow afternoon edt and could last for a few hours. We will give you all notice within 15 minutes.

blah blah
Edited by Willow on 3 April 2014 18:10
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Bump!
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    They did say so, but it was not going to go down untill 10:30. This wasent planned in detail.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Elixx wrote: »
    They did say so, but it was not going to go down untill 10:30. This wasent planned in detail.

It was planned and Jessica said so. We were informed when and where? 5 minutues before servers go poof or after the fact does not count. They knew this yesterday.

Edited by Willow on 3 April 2014 18:16
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    Missed out last night due to maintenance, finished work and it's down again...

Ah well, as long as I can log in this time, had some issues after last nights maintenance...
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    ++ It is not a "planed maintenance" when you take it down with no or little notice. That is called an outage.

This crap is getting very tiresome. Every time I go to play the servers are down for an outage. So much for early access :\
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Willow wrote: »

It was planned and Jessica said so. They said so when and where? 5 minutues before serrvers goes poof or after the fact does not count. They knew this yesterday.
    Uhh Jessica was out of the loop too:

ZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin
    11:51AM
    The server should have been up until 2. Did it come down already?
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭

It was planned and Jessica said so. They said so when and where? 5 minutues before serrvers goes poof or after the fact does not count. They knew this yesterday.
    Uhh Jessica was out of the loop too:

ZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin
    11:51AM
    The server should have been up until 2. Did it come down already?

So they have a major communication problem. My point is made.

• Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭

It was planned and Jessica said so. We were informed when and where? 5 minutues before servers go poof or after the fact does not count. They knew this yesterday.

They posted those times yesterday, when the server maint last hit us. Im not happy, im just saying they messed up the times.

Edited by Elixx on 3 April 2014 18:18
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirLee wrote: »
    This crap is getting very tiresome. Every time I go to play the servers are down for an outage. So much for early access :\
    Downtime during this phase of an MMO launch is reasonable, expected and downright necessary when it provides ZoS with an opportunity to stop players finding ways of doing evil things that they shouldn't be doing. Making sure it can't happen in future is hardly grounds for moaning as someone who'd benefit from it (namely yourself and myself).

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to freak out. I want to be in-game just as badly as the next but respectfully informing them to work on their communication skills will go farther then raging about it.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    This one is necessary and planned, folks. We need to take everything down to switch the entire service over to live.

Planned...

They did not notify us about a planned maintenance is my point.

I think it helps if we kind of know in advance even if we do not get all the details.

Sorry to anyone here in this thread if I come off nasty. Sometimes text makes things sound more harsh than intended.
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »
    Downtime during this phase of an MMO launch is reasonable, expected and downright necessary when it provides ZoS with an opportunity to stop players finding ways of doing evil things that they shouldn't be doing. Making sure it can't happen in future is hardly grounds for moaning as someone who'd benefit from it (namely yourself and myself).

I do not debate that downtime is expected. However, if it was truly planed then a maintenance calendar would have shown this with sufficient prior notice. And an announcement at 12:22 and the servers going off line shortly there after does not count as planed or sufficient notice.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »

I do not debate that downtime is expected. However, if it was truly planed then a maintenance calendar would have shown this with sufficient prior notice. And an announcement at 12:22 and the servers going off line shortly there after does not count as planed or sufficient notice.

Thank you for saying it so much better than I could have.

A heads up goes a long way from keeping the forums exploding.

Edited by Willow on 3 April 2014 18:33
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care if they call this planned. Either A they knew about it but didn't tell us which is poor communication or B this is unplanned and they are trying to make an excuse as they fix the crap they broke last downtime.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »
    I dont care if they call this planned. Either A they knew about it but didn't tell us which is poor
    communication or B this is unplanned and they are trying to make an excuse as they fix the crap they broke last downtime.

I am waiting for them to shut the forums down just to let everyone time to cool off.

• allie280
    allie280
    ✭✭
    I'm so sad I wrote a bard song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWwq70nUOU
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think we'd all have liked a bit more noticed if it was planned. Communication is a huge deal with an MMO, it curtails a lot of the pitch-fork mentality that we gamers tend towards when our fix is taken away. ;)