Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need few advises from high level players (etc. lvl 50)

jocnerb14_ESO
I'm new to this game and was wondering what is the fastest way to get to lvl 20. I'm lvl 8 now and been playing for 3 days. I know some ppl already reached lvl caps. I just want to rush to lvl 20.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exploits that way >>>>

Getting to 20 the fastest? Do the quests, dont read the text, dont bother with crafting.
  • Eilianna
    Eilianna
    Anyone who is above I would say lvl. 20-ish at least, has some kind of exploit they are using. The game was meant to take awhile to level up in. Questing then some dungeons at level 15-ish is how this game is played. There is no race to the top. There is no "fastest" route.
  • jocnerb14_ESO
    yea but is there a better route for quests? or any quest down the road ?yea i dont read the text...
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the fastest way is to go to a certain area where there are lots of fast respawning mobs and farm kill them... at least that worked for the people who got VR 1 on day 1...

But if you don't want to do that because it's boring and pointless, questing.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm new to this game and was wondering what is the fastest way to get to lvl 20.

Can you let us know what you want to level up so quickly? What is the appeal of lvl 20/30/40/50?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eilianna wrote: »
    Anyone who is above I would say lvl. 20-ish at least, has some kind of exploit they are using. The game was meant to take awhile to level up in.

No no no. I can see level 40+ since Sunday morning (those guilds hot swapping the character between members 24/7 gameplay) And even level 20 being easily obtainable by anyone who spends 10 hours a day playing (50 hours since Sunday).

It's the level 50s Sunday night that are cheating.
  • Krision
    Krision
    ✭✭
    exploring new places, secret chests, keep following the main guest. kill your boss lvl + + solo.
    DK tank v16
    Templar DPS v16

I will kill your monsters!!
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    They weren't cheating. They just kept repeating a quest that zeni didn't mean to be repeatable. Wasn't their fault, how would they have known it was an exploit? =P
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eilianna wrote: »
    Anyone who is above I would say lvl. 20-ish at least, has some kind of exploit they are using. The game was meant to take awhile to level up in. Questing then some dungeons at level 15-ish is how this game is played. There is no race to the top. There is no "fastest" route.

The one(s) who got 50 in the first day of early access probably found an XP "exploit".

At level 23 I have averaged a level at about an hour to 90 minutes. If I did not have to work since early access and had played 12 hours a day every day, I would be about 50 just questing.

I am in no real big hurry, but I will save hunting down all the skyshards and chests once I am 50.

• nochance
    nochance
    Kyosji wrote: »
    They weren't cheating. They just kept repeating a quest that zeni didn't mean to be repeatable. Wasn't their fault, how would they have known it was an exploit? =P
    All i read was used a exploit and don't feel sorry
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »

The normal person would go "hey I just got 30 levels from a couple of quests on day 1, maybe something isn't working right"

A cheater " Hey I just got 30 levels from a couple of quests on day 1, I gotta keep this going and tell my closest of friends!"
  • jocnerb14_ESO
    the reason i wana speed up the process is to try more classes/races before i go into grinding to lvl 50.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the reason i wana speed up the process is to try more classes/races before i go into grinding to lvl 50.

Not to rain on your parade, but wouldn't it be more fun to enjoy the whole game instead of treating it like a grind?
    ----
    Murray?
  • jocnerb14_ESO
    didnt mean to say Grind as grind mobs and be bored. I ment more like try out different classes and then get sucked in into the game and enjoy it.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone assume that just because you are leveling your first classes fast that you wont make one you can enjoy the story line for?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kyosji if you hit level 50 in the same day or the next day, and you aren't exploiting something... you aren't reading a thing.

I read fast, and I retain most of what I read when I do read fast.. but it still takes time to read. Those folks rushing aren't reading anything except where to go and where to turn in.

But I am not judging, they play the game how they want. The exploiters, yes I am judging, they need their characters drained and brought to level 1.
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, the pvp quest to kill 20 players gave a lot of exp and pvp points. It was meant to be a daily quest but they made it infinitely repeatable instead. People made big groups and could grind the quest over and over getting tons of xp and pvp points. They got to level 50 in the first 24 hours and had a large chunk of pvp currency to go along with it.

This was fixed in the last patch and it doesn't seem like zeni is going to do anything about it. Repeating a repeatable quest isn't really what I would consider a malicious exploit, it was obviously broken and there's no way they didn't know they were taking advantage of it. You just don't hit 50 in a day and be like, oops, how did that happen?

However, it's not like they were glitching or hacking to advance levels. I think rerolling their entire game is a little harsh, but I do think they should have the pvp points they earned stripped.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    I am just saying that everyone is assuming that someone that rushes their characters in the beginning aren't going to create another one to actually injoy it. Some people just want to max out because they want to be the first to claim victory in PvP, or have their name up as the first to do something. If they hit level 50 in one day, all the power to them. They now have all this free time to experience the game without having to worry about anything else.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've played a total of 35 - 45ish hours from Sunday morning till last night I believe. I read all quest dialogue. I do all the quests I can and explore. The only dialogue I skip are the ones that I have already had the pleasure of reading and listening to from Beta. Even then, I usually take my time and listen and immerse myself.

I'm level 19, just a few thousand EXP short of level 20. I've also collected all of the Skyshards in Auridon using a guide. I've also completed the starter Island first before exploring the "mainland." And I've been given access through the Faction story-line[in my case, with Queen Ayrenn] to venture to the next zone for level 20s. For AD, this would be Grahtwood.

Every once and awhile, if the dungeon is public and populated, I'll stick around and farm the boss for 3 - 5 rounds or so, then move on.

It seems to me that the fastest way is doing all the quests. Killing mobs is a side-thing, but the main EXP comes from completing a quest[claiming your reward from dialogue with an NPC that concludes the quest.]

I'm not sure how people have reached 50 yet. I am interested though. Not for the sake of hitting 50 off-the-bat mind you. But in every TES game I've played, I've always found ways to manage my progression to my liking. Would be handy to know of a few tricks so I can push to the 20s & 30s at my own discretion and leisure.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on 3 April 2014 21:01
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • mu2
    mu2
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to power level at all, just enjoying questing, but I'm at level 19 atm. I think quests are probably the quickest way to level *without* exploits. I did the starter island, found all the shards and did the public dungeons, that kind of thing.