Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[Feedback] Quests and Forcing Advancement

YourNameHere
YourNameHere
✭✭✭
I had placed some Feedback in game, but I am uncertain it went through correctly with all the lag spikes and disconnects I get, so I am placing it here as well.

I am starting to feel my gameplay is being adversely affected on how the game deals with quests in regards to groups and those not in groups.

Groups:

My spouse and I play together, taking the same quests. If he clicks through the text faster than me for whatever reason, I get locked out of continuing the text to read as my quest is forced to advance to the next step. So not only do I miss out on content but also hints. This has happened multiple times.

Non Group players:

If a person not in our group is working on the same quest as I am, and they begin to run around and do the parts of the quest (in regards to things like destroying spider eggs to make the queen appear) my quest is forced to advance. This has happened numerous times when I am not ready for whatever reason, either resulting in my death or loss of learning/gameplay as I don't know what was done.

These two things are quite annoying and are starting to bother me. I like to read everything, explore, and try things. but if others around me are forcing me to do things, even inadvertently and unknowingly, it needs to be looked at.

Thanks for reading. Please give your opinions on it too, and if this is something that you'd like changed, please send in Feedback in game.
Edited by YourNameHere on 3 April 2014 18:07
NA Megaserver / RPer
Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC