Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which new Class Set (except Pyrebrand) do you think is most worth farming for PvE group content?

ldzlcs065
ldzlcs065
✭✭✭
Seems there is a consensus that new DK set Pyrebrand is pretty decent, while for other new class sets, opinions are diversified. What's your opinion on this?

Which new Class Set (except Pyrebrand) do you think is most worth farming for PvE group content? 40 votes

Aerie’s Cry (Warden)
10%
kojouLalothenSoaroraMajor_Toughness 4 votes
Aetheric Lance (Templar)
0%
Beacon of Oblivion (Sorcerer)
12%
ldzlcs065Micah_BayertonyblackAggroviousg00dies 5 votes
Corpseburster (Necromancer)
37%
FaulgorflizomicaRhezblodMrCray78brtomkinrobprMetaferretCameraBeardThePirateIncultaWolfNoticeMeArkayBasPderkaiserlicheAvidNecroTheist_VIIBananaBender 15 votes
Spattering Disjunction (Arcanist)
5%
runa_gatek5k 2 votes
Umbral Edge (Nightblade)
2%
The_Isatope8 1 vote
No new class set worth farming besides Pyrebrand
12%
AsdaracolossalvoidsspartaxoxoMidniteOwl1913ZhuJiuyin 5 votes
No new class set worth farming (even Pyrebrand)
20%
AnkaridanValarMorghulis1896Drybonez32IshtarknowsPeacefulAnarchyBobargusjoerginoC_Inside 8 votes
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corpseburster is getting pretty high numbers when combined with Detonating Tether.

Aerie’s Cry and Aetheric Lance are great, they just don’t seem to be breaking any molds.
    Edited by Theist_VII on 8 September 2024 03:00
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think they're all worth getting
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beacon of Oblivion is one of the worst sets ever created, and doesn’t even reflect the skill line it was made for. It actively punishes the user for having summons, funny enough.

While people without knowledge of how Sorcerer works might look and see…

Wow! 15% Damage and Healing!

But that 15% damage is not enough to make up for the damage loss of not having both pets to begin with. For a set like Beacon of Oblivion to be viable, it would have to be 30% damage against monsters… and that is saying nothing about the obvious identity crisis the set has.
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    Theist_VII wrote: »
    Corpseburster is getting pretty high numbers when combined with Detonating Tether.

Aerie’s Cry and Aetheric Lance are great, they just don’t seem to be breaking any molds.

But in PvE content are there reliable ways to generate corpses constantly to keep Corpseburst proced?
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    Beacon of Oblivion is one of the worst sets ever created, and doesn’t even reflect the skill line it was made for. It actively punishes the user for having summons, funny enough.

But that 15% damage is not enough to make up for the damage loss of not having both pets to begin with. For a set like Beacon of Oblivion to be viable, it would have to be 30% damage against monsters… and that is saying nothing about the obvious identity crisis the set has.

Haven't tested it, but for non-pet stamina sorcerer build this set seems fine
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ldzlcs065 wrote: »

But in PvE content are there reliable ways to generate corpses constantly to keep Corpseburst proced?

It's fight specific.
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

It's fight specific.

So mostly for PvP? got it…
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You recast Detonating Siphon on each Blighted Blastbones corpse, skipping one when you need to refresh Graveyard (so it will remain empowered), but most of fights has some sort of adds all the time you can blast with siphons, graveyards or even necrotic potency.
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭

It's fight specific.

If you're casting Blastbones every third skill in PvE, you generate enough corpses to make Corpseburster perform decently from my experience.
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »

It's fight specific.

If you're casting Blastbones every third skill in PvE, you generate enough corpses to make Corpseburster perform decently from my experience.

thanks, will try
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/rVqrLM0ZTIU?si=hXBNOb99-U5F6z__

This is what a pet build is hitting in PvE now, so ask yourself, is a set that has a 2 and 4 piece defensive bonus going to compare to other sets enough to compensate for the difference created by the loss of pets and their 45% increased damage due to Daedric Prey?

Last I checked, people aren’t even hitting 120 yet on a Sorcerer without pets, so imagine.

Not only does the set fail to make any difference for non-pet builds. The ENTIRE premise of a Daedric Summoning class set should be Daedric Summoning.
    Edited by Theist_VII on 8 September 2024 14:04
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

In fact, there are already many tests and analyzes on Beacon of Oblivion, you just need to wake up from the dream and watch.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/664386/ia-sorc-class-set-is-so-underwhelming

Using the Beacon of Oblivion will actually reduce the dps of no-pets sorc (both in PVE and PVP).

Edited by ZhuJiuyin on 9 September 2024 00:02
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dislike IA so much Pyrebrand is all I'll likely be able to have the pateince for.
    PS5/NA
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

This is what a pet build is hitting in PvE now, so ask yourself, is a set that has a 2 and 4 piece defensive bonus going to compare to other sets enough to compensate for the difference created by the loss of pets and their 45% increased damage due to Daedric Prey?

Last I checked, people aren’t even hitting 120 yet on a Sorcerer without pets, so imagine.

Not only does the set fail to make any difference for non-pet builds. The ENTIRE premise of a Daedric Summoning class set should be Daedric Summoning.

Although you only need to look at the log to know that sorc can only serve as support in trials (especially HM), I am still worried that sorc's high data on dummies will mislead developers and make them think that sorc is outstanding in PVE. Even if this is contrary to reality.
    sorc lacks range attacks in PVE (we have the most expensive but lowest damage AOE skill - Lightning Splash), and is forced to use two pets, otherwise you will lose most of the DPS (however when you die, you have to spend a lot resources and time to re-summon two pets, which will also reduce a lot of DPS.), and the execution ability is also very weak, not to mention that magica sorc has almost disappeared in PVE (especially HM).

Beacon of Oblivion is just another useless set designed by someone who doesn't understand sorc's pve situation.

"是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    ZhuJiuyin wrote: »

Although you only need to look at the log to know that sorc can only serve as support in trials (especially HM), I am still worried that sorc's high data on dummies will mislead developers and make them think that sorc is outstanding in PVE. Even if this is contrary to reality.
    sorc lacks range attacks in PVE (we have the most expensive but lowest damage AOE skill - Lightning Splash), and is forced to use two pets, otherwise you will lose most of the DPS (however when you die, you have to spend a lot resources and time to re-summon two pets, which will also reduce a lot of DPS.), and the execution ability is also very weak, not to mention that magica sorc has almost disappeared in PVE (especially HM).

Beacon of Oblivion is just another useless set designed by someone who doesn't understand sorc's pve situation.

Well, thanks for the info. Does Beacon of Oblivion have any use in Arena or dungeon-soloing scenarios?
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZhuJiuyin wrote: »

Well, thanks for the info. Does Beacon of Oblivion have any use in Arena or dungeon-soloing scenarios?

You would be better off crafting some Ancient Dragonguard and saving the hours of your life farming out a set that changes on a whim if using pets, and if you’re not using pets you’re not even close to the damage you would want on a Sorcerer DD, so would it really matter what sets you’re in?
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, the sorc set has zero value. It lowers your dps compared to other sets (using pets or not) and there are better alternatives for tanking and healing. It's clearly not intended for PvP and since you'd want to use pets while in arenas, we're back to there being much better options for tanking.

Out of the other sets the cro and plar ones are interesting, and I've heard the cro set has some promise in some fights.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Arcanist's Splattering Disjunction have some use in IA itself? Getting a steady flow of random status effects from Beam + Flail sounds pretty good with how important status effects are in IA. Or do you just want to spam destro staff skill for status effects and having to use class skills will be a net DPS loss in IA?
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aerie’s Cry (Warden)
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Does the Arcanist's Splattering Disjunction have some use in IA itself? Getting a steady flow of random status effects from Beam + Flail sounds pretty good with how important status effects are in IA. Or do you just want to spam destro staff skill for status effects and having to use class skills will be a net DPS loss in IA?

Perhaps for lower Arcs where you can pair it with Serpent's Disdain. For higher Arcs I'm not so sure though... I guess it depends if you're running solo or not.
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that so many people vote for "none of them worth farming". Anyone care to explain his reasoning?
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aerie’s Cry (Warden)
    I'm surprised that so many people vote for "none of them worth farming". Anyone care to explain his reasoning?

Some are doubtless players who don't play DK - or don't see Pyrebrand as worth the IA grind despite it having a stronger ST DoT than Rele. Pyrebrand is the only arguably S-tier single target set, with the rest falling between A-tier (Corpseburster & Aerie's Cry) and D-tier (Beacon of Oblivion). Hence for some players there isn't a single set for their characters worth going through the IA grind for, because none of them beyond Pyrebrand is actually strong enough to replace other sets that they have already acquired, or that are overall significantly easier & quicker to acquire.

This is another reason why ZOS should've implemented class sets differently: as 3-piece sets to create a new wave of build diversity. Instead we got the same-old-same-old and of course that means a lot of the set development time that's gone into class sets has ultimately been a complete waste, because most aren't good enough to warrant bothering with the IA grind (and they can't be too strong - except for DK apparently - or players will complain about being forced to grind IA).

I said this before recently, but ZOS ought to be taking a page from the WoW team by actually listening to their fanbase. WoW has put out two strong expansions (Dragonflight in 2022, and now The War Within) since they started paying attention to their community. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 10 September 2024 15:44
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    No new class set worth farming (even Pyrebrand)
    Literally none of them are worth using in PvE because there are better alternatives for each and every one of them that are quicker and easier to farm. Why would I waste my time farming Corsebuster for example when Runecarver pulls higher numbers in both single target and AOE and is much quicker to farm? Why would I waste time farming Pyrebrand when Flame Blossom exists and is easier to farm, easier to use, doesn't require you to do heavy attacks, and pulls way higher numbers on bigger enemies where it can hit multiple times? Why would I waste time farming... you get the idea.

The only reason why you'd even consider using any of them would be if you like doing IA in general and just happen to have a specific one in your stickerbook, and want to use it out of curiosity. Going out of your way to farm them is completely pointless.
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    Lalothen wrote: »

Some are doubtless players who don't play DK - or don't see Pyrebrand as worth the IA grind despite it having a stronger ST DoT than Rele. Pyrebrand is the only arguably S-tier single target set, with the rest falling between A-tier (Corpseburster & Aerie's Cry) and D-tier (Beacon of Oblivion). Hence for some players there isn't a single set for their characters worth going through the IA grind for, because none of them beyond Pyrebrand is actually strong enough to replace other sets that they have already acquired, or that are overall significantly easier & quicker to acquire.

This is another reason why ZOS should've implemented class sets differently: as 3-piece sets to create a new wave of build diversity. Instead we got the same-old-same-old and of course that means a lot of the set development time that's gone into class sets has ultimately been a complete waste, because most aren't good enough to warrant bothering with the IA grind (and they can't be too strong - except for DK apparently - or players will complain about being forced to grind IA).

I said this before recently, but ZOS ought to be taking a page from the WoW team by actually listening to their fanbase. WoW has put out two strong expansions (Dragonflight in 2022, and now The War Within) since they started paying attention to their community. [snip]

[edited for bashing]

5-piece set+3-piece set×2+Mythic item seems a good idea, but then we need a lot more sources producing different sorts of 3-piece sets I guess…
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    C_Inside wrote: »
    Literally none of them are worth using in PvE because there are better alternatives for each and every one of them that are quicker and easier to farm. Why would I waste my time farming Corsebuster for example when Runecarver pulls higher numbers in both single target and AOE and is much quicker to farm? Why would I waste time farming Pyrebrand when Flame Blossom exists and is easier to farm, easier to use, doesn't require you to do heavy attacks, and pulls way higher numbers on bigger enemies where it can hit multiple times? Why would I waste time farming... you get the idea.

The only reason why you'd even consider using any of them would be if you like doing IA in general and just happen to have a specific one in your stickerbook, and want to use it out of curiosity. Going out of your way to farm them is completely pointless.

Well, I think trials, dungeons, IA and arenas are all pretty time-consuming. I'm not sure the issue you point out is about IA not rewarding enough, or about IA not interesting enough…
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how Beacon of Oblivion is tied with Pyrebrand on this thread.

There is no world in which anyone who plays Sorcerer, would look at Beacon of Oblivion, the Daedric Summoning set, and say, “That would go great on my Daedric Summoner.”
    Edited by Theist_VII on 10 September 2024 17:02