Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I’m not seeing any PR for the new house (Seabloom Villa/800 crown bundle for $5 in the online store.

• Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭
    Someone's put a lot of thought into this promotion. So sweet <3 :

afjqhahp97lq.png
    It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...
  • Katzenzunge
    Katzenzunge
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid this could be the thing to finally get me into housing.
    I'll tour it again later, and hopefully not like it enough to buy it.

I've looked at so many houses, even bought some of them with gold, but never really took an interest in housing, too much open space, no ideas, too little furnishings, not enough slots to put what I wanted where I wanted etc.

If this is the one that will break me, I'll lose it.

A nice, bright, not too big house that looks pretty. For an absolutely reasonable price?

Dang.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, another nice bonus: makes it much quicker to get to surveys for clothing and jewelry.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing .... the little light show flowers..... used it several times before I noticed it actually removes and replaces the ivy and flowers over and above the doorway!!

Sometimes I am just so unobservant...... doh!! 🤣

Edit:- Also worth noting that the 58 items of furniture that come with it are NOT bound and include two firelogs, flaming, imo the best fire in the game and for anyone dithering on whether to buy the house or not, a good little earner to sell! 🙂
    Edited by freespirit on 5 September 2024 14:36
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted to buy this home, but it comes down to location, location, location. The view you get is of a world boss arena cluttered with trash and an ugly part of the coastline. They had so many other options for placing this home, so why here? They could have placed it where we can see a waterfall, a city, a harbor, a pristine part of the coast, some place with privacy. I also have issues with the inside of the home. It certainly needs an inside stairwell. Who wants to climb a 20 ft. ladder to access the second floor from inside the house?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in Oblivion is it on an existing WB location? Did anyone run this through the zoning board? I know the boss doesn't spawn in there, but this is just a poor location to put a house. I could think of a dozen better spots in Auridon for a house. :D
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Oh, another nice bonus: makes it much quicker to get to surveys for clothing and jewelry.

I like that it's close to the public dungeon, too. That's my goto PD for the "PD group event" endeavor.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why in Oblivion is it on an existing WB location? Did anyone run this through the zoning board? I know the boss doesn't spawn in there, but this is just a poor location to put a house. I could think of a dozen better spots in Auridon for a house. :D

i'd say a house for everything. if you don't want a house near a WB spawn you don't have to get this one, but if you want a free travel location for the wb zerg, or possibly now a highly populated WB that'll more often than not have someone to help you on your alts for zone clear then this is the house for you.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to buy this home, but it comes down to location, location, location. The view you get is of a world boss arena cluttered with trash and an ugly part of the coastline. They had so many other options for placing this home, so why here? They could have placed it where we can see a waterfall, a city, a harbor, a pristine part of the coast, some place with privacy. I also have issues with the inside of the home. It certainly needs an inside stairwell. Who wants to climb a 20 ft. ladder to access the second floor from inside the house?

Don't like the view?

Change it or hide it!!

JkVDYpg.png

Three walls, three trees = View hidden..... that took all of two minutes and the walls actually match the house's stonework too!!

I think it would also be fairly easy to add a scenic view with waterfalls and water, along with plants/flowers/trees, it would just take me longer than adding the walls and trees!! :)
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    The WB is there because I asked for a special guard for my new house B) Regarding the view: this is the best view I ever saw and I have a lot of houses in ESO. I bought it immediately when I saw it on YT just because of the view. And the "flowers" one can activate....
    PC EU
    1 Healer, 1 Tank, 3 DD, 5 more Toons just for fun
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Funny thing .... the little light show flowers..... used it several times before I noticed it actually removes and replaces the ivy and flowers over and above the doorway!!

Sometimes I am just so unobservant...... doh!! 🤣

Edit:- Also worth noting that the 58 items of furniture that come with it are NOT bound and include two firelogs, flaming, imo the best fire in the game and for anyone dithering on whether to buy the house or not, a good little earner to sell! 🙂

Huh, I clicked it a few times and saw nothing, I was completely baffled. Lol.

I guess I am not as observant as I thought, either..
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    where's the home? how to get to it?
    Thx

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/66671

So in the crown store on the PlayStation? But where? I don't see it.
    PS5/NA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx

No. In the actual Playstation Store.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't like the view?

Change it or hide it!!

JkVDYpg.png

Three walls, three trees = View hidden..... that took all of two minutes and the walls actually match the house's stonework too!!

I think it would also be fairly easy to add a scenic view with waterfalls and water, along with plants/flowers/trees, it would just take me longer than adding the walls and trees!! :)

Which wall is that again?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

Don't like the view?

Change it or hide it!!

JkVDYpg.png

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/alinor-fence-tall-long/

Looks like this one but the original poster can confirm that.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Don't like the view?

Change it or hide it!!

JkVDYpg.png

@Sakiri it is the wall mentioned above, there is a short version too(same height though) and there is a post also that is same height that you could use at joints instead of trees.

I'm just addicted to that Autumn tree which comes from Skingrad Home Furnisher although at 20k each it is pretty expensive, just soooo pretty!! 😍
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thx

No. In the actual Playstation Store.

I looked there too... In the game section I saw upgraded to gold road but nothing else...
    PS5/NA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    b6qmwxb85uu4.jpg
    19w2s1v62een.jpg

search for "elder scrolls online",
    go to Add-ons,
    and in the Housing Starter Pack should be in the list of add-ons amongst Plus memberships and Crowns.

edited to add:
    or search for "Housing Starter Pack" or "Elder Scrolls Online: Housing Starter Pack"
    Edited by LunaFlora on 5 September 2024 23:57
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6b37ssr4zvk0.jpg

ifqyg2n683s5.jpg

I also see on the ps app if you're having trouble seeing it in the ps store. Just click the little ">" button to see all of the add-ons.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 00:20
  • cozmic72
    cozmic72
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks I would’ve totally missed this.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't like the view?

Change it or hide it!!

JkVDYpg.png

@Sakiri it is the wall mentioned above, there is a short version too(same height though) and there is a post also that is same height that you could use at joints instead of trees.

I'm just addicted to that Autumn tree which comes from Skingrad Home Furnisher although at 20k each it is pretty expensive, just soooo pretty!! 😍

Ooh ok. Thanks! I'm still working on mine, not sure what to do with the interior.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I previewed this house when it was first added into the game on PC and I thought it looked nice but assumed it would be a crown store house and those are always very expensive for what you get, so I won't buy them unless one is perfect for my characters.

But this is cheaper than buying the crowns on their own (750 crown cost £5.99, compared to £3.99 for the house pack) so the house is basically free. I'd prefer it to be on the main Summerset island, but given how it's been released I can understand why it needs to be in a base game zone. I'd also prefer it to have interior stairs, but can work around that. I might get it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love housing, so I had to get it! Very cute place. I wish I could jump off the area onto the beach below, that would have been fun...but you die. :D
    Xbox X- NA
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't tried but could one put stairs in front of it somehow, then cover what's left with tapestry? Would the ladder be clickable still?
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried but could one put stairs in front of it somehow, then cover what's left with tapestry? Would the ladder be clickable still?

@Sakiri I have played around a bit and I cannot find a staircase or the positioning of one that will allow the ladder to still be clickable :(

As far as I can work out the hit box for activating the ladder only works to about half way up the ladder, above that there is no prompt, which in turn means any stairs seem to block it.

However going with a "secret entrance" type approach could work; I placed a bookcase, well two one on top of each other, in front of the ladder.....

TwyOWQ8.png

If you look closely you can see just one rung of the ladder showing just above the books on the bottom shelf in the middle.

K5NLHDn.png

I placed the candle so I could easily find the prompt to use the ladder, when I point just below the candle, the prompt shows up, as seen in the second picture.

I have tried using precision edit to hide that one ladder rung but as soon as you cannot see it the prompt also disappears.

I am sure some housing wizard might do better but it does open up some possibilities for hiding the ladder. <3
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @freespirit - AWESOMESAUCE!!! What a GREAT idea. I messed around today with various stairs, also couldn't get the prompt once something else was placed.

I'm really impressed!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be helpful if some purchasing info showed up when you hit F5 in the housing preview for Seabloom Villa.

Might as well, since if they're in the preview, they're likely at least considering it.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner