Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why I stopped doing jewelry dailies

robertlabrie
robertlabrie
✭✭✭
I do daily crafting writs on 18 characters. I deconstruct everything (more on that later) and complete all surveys, then refine my raw. Every Tuesday after the trader flip I list all my gold mats, and I replenish my refined mats to 3200 each of rubedite ingot, ancestor silk and platinum ounce. The price of chromium plating has crashed since Update 40 and the post-Jubilee economic collapse in PC/NA. Over the last 4 weeks I’ve found I’m spending about 150k/wk on platinum ounces and selling around 300k in chromium plating, netting a profit of barely 150k (week ending August 27th had an unusual 25 surveys which helped me break even on plat). Compare that to clothing where I’m spending less than 50k/wk and clearing over 1M in profit in dreugh wax or blacksmithing where I’m spending less than 20k/wk and clearing nearly 500k in profit in tempering alloy.

With chromium plating and tempering alloy selling for around the same price the cost of platinum ounce is over 10x higher than rubedite ingot. The lack of a jewelry hireling (along with the comically over-rewarded master writs) is another way that jewelry wasn’t made “like the other crafting disciplines” following U40.

Yes I know about selling intricate items, or saving master writs till 2x XP events, and all the other tricks but the main revenue stream from daily writs was always selling the gold mats. I abandoned woodworking dailies long ago, and until input mats prices for jewelry correct (they won’t) jewelry dailies are also off the agenda. There’s no call to action on this post, I just wanted to share this for anyone else who thought “wow, jewelry feels like a waste of time”.

• derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried actually playing the game instead of just abusing the daily crafting rewards to the limit?

People like you + the 14 day change for guild listing are the reason for the price crashes.

Edit, since i dont want to argue here with people, that have 3 accounts:

Just because you are "allowed" to do something, doesnt mean the devs "want you" to play like this. There are several reasons for the economy crash, oversupply is one of them. Yes of course there are factors like the 14 days change and the events, but people flooding the market with their daily crafting rewards every single day and then complain, that the jewelery crafting isnt "yielding" enough anymore, are part of the problem. If you want to help the economy, start buying things too and not just sit on your gold like a dragon.
    Edited by derkaiserliche on 6 September 2024 07:51
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do daily crafting writs on 18 characters. I deconstruct everything (more on that later) and complete all surveys, then refine my raw. Every Tuesday after the trader flip I list all my gold mats, and I replenish my refined mats to 3200 each of rubedite ingot, ancestor silk and platinum ounce. The price of chromium plating has crashed since Update 40 and the post-Jubilee economic collapse in PC/NA. Over the last 4 weeks I’ve found I’m spending about 150k/wk on platinum ounces and selling around 300k in chromium plating, netting a profit of barely 150k (week ending August 27th had an unusual 25 surveys which helped me break even on plat). Compare that to clothing where I’m spending less than 50k/wk and clearing over 1M in profit in dreugh wax or blacksmithing where I’m spending less than 20k/wk and clearing nearly 500k in profit in tempering alloy.

With chromium plating and tempering alloy selling for around the same price the cost of platinum ounce is over 10x higher than rubedite ingot. The lack of a jewelry hireling (along with the comically over-rewarded master writs) is another way that jewelry wasn’t made “like the other crafting disciplines” following U40.

Yes I know about selling intricate items, or saving master writs till 2x XP events, and all the other tricks but the main revenue stream from daily writs was always selling the gold mats. I abandoned woodworking dailies long ago, and until input mats prices for jewelry correct (they won’t) jewelry dailies are also off the agenda. There’s no call to action on this post, I just wanted to share this for anyone else who thought “wow, jewelry feels like a waste of time”.

Why don't you play some trade simulation game anyway? No disrespect meant but it just appears awkward to me that people invest money in a RPG with the sole activities and purpose is to make maximum virtual money. At least that is what I receive as message from such posts. Again, it is fine if someone loves to play it this way. No disrespect at all. It's just a bit funny from my pov.
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried actually playing the game instead of just abusing the daily crafting rewards to the limit?

People like you + the 14 day change for guild listing are the reason for the price crashes.

He is playing the game as designed by the developers, where is the abuse? Just because you don't like some activity, doesn't mean doing that activity is abuse. I don't like farming IA, but that doesn't mean I would look down on people who farm IA day and night and make tens of millions per week out of it.

Play the game however you like, don't insult others for playing the game the way they like.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Daily crafting writs are just fine, I do them on 10 chars almost every day and I get so much for so little effort!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started playing ESO, I ran all my characters (yes, I filled all the character slots immediately; it's how I've always done things) to level 6 as fast as possible so I could start on writs. Then I set up a second account and did the same. So I was doing a lot of characters on writs every day. Nice gold, and it certainly wasn't difficult nor did it take much time.

By the end of my first Jubilee, I was done with all that. I cut back to a couple of girls on each account, and that's where it sits today (now have 4 accounts). Have plenty of gold even without touching the guild trader system. Of course, that's mostly because there's nothing much to spend it on....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We just need a jewelry hiring to help out with the supply of platinum. Especially since it's now equal to the other crafting writs. Honestly it is needed because platinum shares the same resource nodes with ore.

Stay safe 🙂
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    I think Daily crafting writs are just fine, I do them on 10 chars almost every day and I get so much for so little effort!

I think your overlooking the effort to get a character to be a master crafter where they can do the daily writs and get the master writs, plus the effort to get all those skill points to keep your crafting skills leveled up while also having enough skills to fill out your character.....

That takes quite the effort. I'd say its a reward well earned IMO.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's really way over thinking it, IMHO
    I do my crafting dailies... usually ... and they are done with. I don't even pay attention to the specific items I received (or did not receive)
    Now, I am not criticizing what other players enjoy. Everyone plays the game for fun, THEIR fun. So be it.
    I just don't see why this particular aspect is a big issue. I like Math, but this is a game. I am not worried about how much return I did or did not get from specific actions I took.

If the OP doesn't want to do it, fine. I don't care. It doesn't change the fact that I run 7 crafts when I do my crafting dailies. And this post will not change that.

:#
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can do daily crafting writs on all 20 characters.
    i do not need to buy the materials as i gather them myself.

why spend gold on materials you can gather yourself?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never craft/traded to this level. I've only ever used 1 or 2 chars at a time.

I recently started three new characters.
    I haven't bothered to get certification on any of them.

It's not just jewellery, this whole aspect of the game is dead now.

Some players are happy with low prices for various things.

We'll see some complaint in a few months when there's a lack of various things that traders used to make and those items that are locked behind crafting writs. maybe not.

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He is playing the game as designed by the developers, where is the abuse? Just because you don't like some activity, doesn't mean doing that activity is abuse. I don't like farming IA, but that doesn't mean I would look down on people who farm IA day and night and make tens of millions per week out of it.

Play the game however you like, don't insult others for playing the game the way they like.

If their "playstyle" means crashing the economy then i can mind it. I am pretty sure eso doesnt want you to have 3 accounts, only doing the rewardwise broken quests and then flooding the market with your goods (probably for lowest ttc price even).

Just because its not forbidden, doesnt mean they encourage you to do it. On top of that these kind of players are 90% gold hoarders and very rarely even spend their gold. Its bad for the economy.

So yea he can play however he wants to play but i can judge him for it if i want to.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do the crafting dailies on one character, even though most of my alts could do them. The only material I ever run low on is platinum, but when that happens, I just skip the jewelry daily for a while until I've built up a supply.

It does make me think that ZOS needs to take a look at why platinum is more difficult to get through normal play, or perhaps the crafting requirements for an item need to be lowered. I don't have this problem with any other materials, and I mine every platinum seam and ore node I come across. Or perhaps we need a jewelry hireling, as mentioned upthread. It seems odd that I'm swimming in all other materials but often run out of platinum (and all I'm doing is the crafting dailies and the odd writ). I never need to skip any other crafting dailies. Definitely worth another look by ZOS.
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    I do the crafting dailies on one character, even though most of my alts could do them. The only material I ever run low on is platinum, but when that happens, I just skip the jewelry daily for a while until I've built up a supply.

It does make me think that ZOS needs to take a look at why platinum is more difficult to get through normal play, or perhaps the crafting requirements for an item need to be lowered. I don't have this problem with any other materials, and I mine every platinum seam and ore node I come across. Or perhaps we need a jewelry hireling, as mentioned upthread. It seems odd that I'm swimming in all other materials but often run out of platinum (and all I'm doing is the crafting dailies and the odd writ). I never need to skip any other crafting dailies. Definitely worth another look by ZOS.

I also do crafting writs every day, but only on one toon. I solved the platinum issue by just grabbing most platinum nodes I run across in game.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If their "playstyle" means crashing the economy then i can mind it. I am pretty sure eso doesnt want you to have 3 accounts, only doing the rewardwise broken quests and then flooding the market with your goods (probably for lowest ttc price even).
    Their playstyle didn't crash the economy. The market had an introduced, oversupply of raw mats.
    I'm pretty sure that ZOS really does care if you buy more accounts; it's income and 'sales numbers' to quote.
    A lot of this 'playstyle' includes as ESO+ subscription on multiple accounts. More income.

In a few months, prices will be back to normal. But there will be a lot less variety of things to buy.

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, doing jewelry writs is not worth the time and materials any longer.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still do jewelry crafting dailies because the low price of chromium and zircon means the "comically over rewarded Master Writs" are worth doing when you see the voucher per gold cost, ofc atm Infused writs I don't do but Aubric Amber has dropped significently in price, so I might consider those too soon!

I never need to buy platinum as I have fairly high numbers of surveys to do a few of when my stock gets low.

The Infused writs that I don't currently do actually sell quite well, so that's a bonus too! 🙂
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    I also do crafting writs every day, but only on one toon. I solved the platinum issue by just grabbing most platinum nodes I run across in game.

I mentioned in my post that I do that. Right now, I'm ok for platinum. But I went through a period where I kept running out and couldn't understand why. I'll see how it goes, but I do mine every platinum node (and ore, because I occasionally get platinum dust), that I come across. I first noticed my shortage of platinum after they rejigged jewelry crafting. Before then, I was always okay. So I might have just gone through some type of adjustment period. I'll see.

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry mats for the daily writs is one thing I have no problem with. I'm selling platinum ounces.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resource + people = people wanting to get rich
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trading is an end game activity just like housing or vet dungeons/trials or chasing achievements. Most people dabble in multiple activities. Those doing trading expect their stack to grow.

Maybe less judgement is in order?
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supply v. Demand is the real endgame.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People play the game differently. The diversity of gameplay is one of the best parts of eso. If some people want to play the trade and farm game is that really any different than players that focus on daily boss fights? On housing? On dungeons? On trials? On leaderboards? Or PVP?

If there is lag in cyrodiil should I say that pvpers should play the game in PVE lands instead of doing what they desire to do?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »

Their playstyle didn't crash the economy. The market had an introduced, oversupply of raw mats.
    I'm pretty sure that ZOS really does care if you buy more accounts; it's income and 'sales numbers' to quote.
    A lot of this 'playstyle' includes as ESO+ subscription on multiple accounts. More income.

In a few months, prices will be back to normal. But there will be a lot less variety of things to buy.

It's not just an oversupply issue. There also was reduced demand. Gear meta hasn't really moved all year. The same sets that were BIS in January 2024 appear to be the BIS now. No new classes were introduced, and scribing actually removes the need in some cases of having to use more than one set for. Ink farm contributed to supply increases.

So less characters are created, no big meta swings, no new BIS gear sets... combined with oversupply is why the crash hit so hard.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭

Just because its not forbidden, doesnt mean they encourage you to do it. On top of that these kind of players are 90% gold hoarders and very rarely even spend their gold. Its bad for the economy.

So yea he can play however he wants to play but i can judge him for it if i want to.

You must be confused, the sudden market crash really isn't the result of people suddenly realizing they can do their dailies on a maximum number of characters, and even add in some free accounts. I can tell you from personal experience that that has been going on for quite a while. The sudden drop in prices for materials has been discussed on these forums, as well as the combination of factors that caused it. An unexpected increase in players doing dailies wasn't one of them.
  • sunsrest
    sunsrest
    ✭✭✭
    still making some profit though right, can lay off that one crafting type, less work for those 18 chars
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just do the daily writs so I can afford to do the master writs. I love me some writ vouchers. As for crashing markets; I'm no economist, but I imagine people like me hoarding mats doesn't help things. Basically I never buy mats, because I don't need to. +1 for a jeweller hireling though.
    PC | EU
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds more like a business than a game.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any need to buy mats for doing daily writs; I get everything I need from hireling mails, daily writ rewards, and node farming. I seldom do surveys; I have a ton of them piling up on my alts, with each alt keeping the surveys for specific zones.

That said, I currently do daily writs only on my main characters, partly because it takes longer to do them on all characters and I want to play the game more, and partly because my alts are holding so much stuff that they can't do daily writs without making three or four trips between the crafting tables and the turn-in crates because they don't have enough free inventory space to craft everything at once.

And when I did do writs on everyone, it still wasn't a problem because mist of my alts are still at the lowest crafting levels as far as the types of mats they can use; I haven't been questing on them, so they lack the skill points needed to increase their crafting levels.

Back whenever I would occasionally run into problems with running out of a specific mat, I would just go farm some of it for a while. I don't think I've ever gone shopping for basic mats, only for style mats, rare trait mats, and very rarely for temps.

Addendum: In conclusion, I've never had problems with doing daily Jewelry writs, not even with doing master Jewelry writs. If I have a master Jewelry writ I can't do right now for some reason, I just hang onto it and do it later.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on 5 September 2024 21:20
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds more like a business than a game.

So does Monopoly. Lol
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't believe almost 30 ppl agreed with this.

So you are blaming him for playing the game the way the devs made it?

I've thousands of hours ingame and I've been doing crafting dailies on 20 characters everyday for three years now. Not because I want to make tens of millions, but because when you like housing like me, achieving a 700 items house costs between 5M and 10M if you fully fill it with some nice furnishings.

I've been doing this for three years, and during this period the mats value kept fluctuating, no matter what the farmers were doing. The game economy has been crashing for four month, when farmers have been doing crafting dailies for years. Litterally. There is absolutely no link between them and the economy crash we're facing right now.

I don't, really don't see your point when you say this dude is part of the economy crashes. He isn't.

Spoiler alert :
    economy is crashing because people are leaving the game, because Jubilee event is too long, because they are fed up with ZOS content loop, because the 14 days limit was the worst thing to do, and because nobody needs mats when all the meta sets (at least in PvE) have two years old.
    Edited by JiubLeRepenti on 5 September 2024 23:02
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! House vid: TES III Morrowind biggest fan!