Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Make all wayshrines behave like Cyrodiil shrines

EchoesofThunder
EchoesofThunder
✭✭✭
I'm at a wayshrine, which I engage with. I select a wayshrine where I want to be. I get a menu of 3 to 7 things I could do, mostly "set destination". I choose to go to the wayshrine, and then I get asked if I'm sure... Who dreamed this up? Why can't we just click and go? What's the worst that could happen - we have to port back?! It's like being asked if I'm sure I want to log out, when that's what I SAID I wanted to do. Maybe there's an addon that makes wayshrines just WORK?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the housing should be minimized on the map at the wayshrine for simplicity.

If I travel to my house it’s usually when I’m not at a wayshrine.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at a door because I've selected run forward up to that door. Why do I need to click 'open door'.
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I'm at a door because I've selected run forward up to that door. Why do I need to click 'open door'.

Not the same situation or context.
  • Yudo
    Yudo
    ✭✭✭
    Because there is a cost associated with it I guess. NVM you are at shrine
    Edited by Yudo on 4 September 2024 08:29
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »

Not the same situation or context.

"Who dreamed this up? Why can't we just click and go? What's the worst that could happen"

Totally the same problem. Annoying extra clicks for no reason. Extra click-ometry
  • Dreameira
    Dreameira
    Soul Shriven
    It sounds like you're describing a scenario where you're trying to port to a city or other small area on the map that has multiple options when you're zoomed out. If you zoom in some more and target your click on the icon you want, you will only get the wayshrine as the option, which gets rid of the menu.

Though if porting to your house, you'd still get the menu, but that helps out folks who are using their houses for quick porting. Before, you had to always port inside and then exit house, so it was a whole extra loading screen whereas now it's just an extra click.

The confirmation of "are you sure you want to port" helps avoid scenarios where you accidentally click on a random wayshrine off the map, as it can then cost some in-game gold, or if you're in an instanced area, have you lose your progress if the port happens straight away.

Agreed though that when porting from wayshrine to wayshrine, the final confirmation popup feels generally unnecessary.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At various points an in-game movie will start playing.
    I press a key to interrupt it.

I then get a message "press any key to skip".

My problem with wayshrines is that some of them you can just click the exterior that houses it; other time you have to go in and click the actual shrine itself.

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET