Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

3 keys for doing a dungeon?

Punches_Below_Belt
Punches_Below_Belt
✭✭✭✭
I’m sure that is an incentive to many. Having played since launch, keys are pretty useless to me now. I was hoping Zos would continue with the additional seals of endeavors for their month of focussing on the undaunted. It’s going to take more than three keys to induce me plunge back into dungeon shenanigans again.

Nothing has been done about fake tanks, speed runners or any of the other issues that make the dungeons feel like a form of punishment. I’ll earn my seals of endeavors other ways. Thank you very much.
Edited by Punches_Below_Belt on 3 September 2024 15:00
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why there's a choice.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just solo normal fungal. 3 keys in 10-15 mins.
  • ChaoticWings3
    ChaoticWings3
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

That's how I usually do a dungeon endeavor. Most casual builds will be able to solo the dungeon relatively easily on normal. Just don't use the dungeon finder and go directly into the dungeon yourself to solo. Your guilds might make requests too if they just want to do a quick run.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO community is a strange beast for me. On the one hand, overland and in PvP, 95% of folks are solid awesome people. Then I try a dungeon and...
    Nothing has been done about fake tanks, speed runners or any of the other issues that make the dungeons feel like a form of punishment.

... that 95% of good folk drops to 40% good folks, at best. The mid-tier PvE community remains incomprehensibly toxic to me and I can never figure out where all the bad apples come from outside of dungeons.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are multiple methods for completing a dungeon other than relying on the game to find random strangers who may or may not be friendly, competent, helpful, or any other combination of traits.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    useless? you use them on the mystery coffer which the current arms pack style page is in to make profit. gold isn't useless to anyone as you can always exchange it for crowns if you have nothing you want to buy from traders.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 4 keys for soloing normal Tempest Island-- 3 for the endeavor, plus 1 more for the pledge.

And then I spent 8 keys on a curated coffer.

It's so nice to buy a coffer for a specific dungeon, or pair of dungeons, and not have to worry about getting a shoulder piece that I've already collected when I'm hoping for something uncollected.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More like 5 mins as a vamp :wink:
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »

More like 5 mins as a vamp :wink:

Sure, I can do it in under 5 mins too. But I figure for people complaining about group finder, 15 mins is probably more reasonable.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure that is an incentive to many. Having played since launch, keys are pretty useless to me now. I was hoping Zos would continue with the additional seals of endeavors for their month of focussing on the undaunted. It’s going to take more than three keys to induce me plunge back into dungeon shenanigans again.

It doesn't mean they would award extra seals even if they didn't award the extra keys.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It was Spindleclutch for me, I picked up the pledge late yesterday planning to run it solo today, so 4 keys for me
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I was wondering... The other day there was another "Complete 1 dungeon" daily endeavor, and as far as I recall it rewarded the same number of SoE as the other four activities, just like today. But did it reward bonus keys, just like today? If it did, I didn't realize, and missed out-- not that I mind, but I was just curious.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    By the way, I was wondering... The other day there was another "Complete 1 dungeon" daily endeavor, and as far as I recall it rewarded the same number of SoE as the other four activities, just like today. But did it reward bonus keys, just like today? If it did, I didn't realize, and missed out-- not that I mind, but I was just curious.

Monday's was just the standard seals, no additional rewards.