Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Suggestion for dyes

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Ability to dye hair and body/face markings at the outfit station
2. Other ways of unlocking dyes besides achievements such as questing, crafting( creating dyes), and the dye stamps from the crown store.
3. New dyes that are more variety of different shades of colors, also some that have different textures and different luminescence.
4. Ability to dye every single part of the armor, costume, and hat.
5. Any other suggestions?
Edited by wilykcat on 3 September 2024 12:31
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1, i want that too and hope we get it.

2, we do get dyes from quests and crafting but it's from achievements that we get by doing quests and crafting.
    achievements are the source of nearly every reward.
    You do something to get an achievement and then you get the reward,
    you complete the Grahtwood zone story and get Welkynd Blue dye

i wish dye stamps would give the dyes permanently.
    that would be awesome.

3, would be awesome.

4, yes more dye channels would be great.
    as many as some styles and costumes could have ideally.
    probably 6.

5, fewer shiny dyes in the future would be great.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Cosmo_Nova
    Cosmo_Nova
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see more consistency in how outfits dye. There are some motifs where the colors are more muted than usual (e.g. Sancre Tor Sentry, Dragonguard Berserker, West Weald Legion) some where it's too dark (e.g. Gold Road Dragoon, Drowned Mariner, Ebony) and some where it's too shiny (e.g. Psijic Order, Apostle, Dreadhorn). The same dyes can look entirely different on separate motifs and make it hard to make outfits that match unless you play around with a variety of different dye colors.

For example, Brewer's Ale Brown is a great dark rich brown color I use a lot for dyeing leather, but on certain motifs it's a really metallic bronze, and on others it's so dark it's almost black. In these cases I have to use Adventurer Brown, which keeps its matte texture on more motifs, but is often a little lighter and doesn't match properly.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmo_Nova wrote: »
    I would love to see more consistency in how outfits dye. There are some motifs where the colors are more muted than usual (e.g. Sancre Tor Sentry, Dragonguard Berserker, West Weald Legion) some where it's too dark (e.g. Gold Road Dragoon, Drowned Mariner, Ebony) and some where it's too shiny (e.g. Psijic Order, Apostle, Dreadhorn). The same dyes can look entirely different on separate motifs and make it hard to make outfits that match unless you play around with a variety of different dye colors.
    For example, Brewer's Ale Brown is a great dark rich brown color I use a lot for dyeing leather, but on certain motifs it's a really metallic bronze, and on others it's so dark it's almost black. In these cases I have to use Adventurer Brown, which keeps its matte texture on more motifs, but is often a little lighter and doesn't match properly.

It's supposed to emulate different textures or materials like leather, silk, linen,... that all dye and also reflect light differently. I agree though that the color differences are too extreme and make it hard to find the right hue sometimes.

Also, most clothing that's supposedly meant to look like silk looks more like it's made from plastic bags to me. So the effects often don't even look convincing.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Cosmo_Nova
    Cosmo_Nova
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    It's supposed to emulate different textures or materials like leather, silk, linen,... that all dye and also reflect light differently.

Ah yeah, I'm not saying every part on all armors should dye the exact same, just that there's some inconsistency within each type of material where the color should be the same. E.g. the leather parts on True-Sworn are darker than leather parts on other motifs, Ascendant Order has a metallic texture with some dyes on the leather, Dragonguard Berserker and Sancre Tor Sentry have a more washed out metal than other metal armor motifs, etc.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A way to preview locked dyes. If I like legate black enough, then I'll spend the 3 years needed in Cyrodiil loading screens to go get it.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A way to preview locked dyes. If I like legate black enough, then I'll spend the 3 years needed in Cyrodiil loading screens to go get it.

Can try PTS for that actually. Having this dye I've never really used it because of the small gloss it has, prefer other black/grey options.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like hair dye, and more iridescent dyes.

I don't think dyeing every piece of an armor would be possible. They'd have to re-code every style and outfit ever made. Going forward maybe..
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    1. Ability to dye hair and body/face markings at the outfit station
    2. Other ways of unlocking dyes besides achievements such as questing, crafting( creating dyes), and the dye stamps from the crown store.
    3. New dyes that are more variety of different shades of colors, also some that have different textures and different luminescence.
    4. Ability to dye every single part of the armor, costume, and hat.
    5. Any other suggestions?

1. Yes, and yes!
    2. I would love to be able to maybe mix dyes and create new shades, or something like that
    3. Definitely. I love blue, and would love many more blues, both matte, and iridescent, and anywhere in between (basically just give me more options) I would love the same for other colors as well.
    4. Yes.
    5. Being able to do the same as 1 to your companion (might help a bit with the whole 'sameness' of people using the same companion) and being able to dye your mount's tack.