Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

30 day login rewards should be more interesting ...

jongoma
jongoma
✭✭
30 day login rewards should be more interesting , 25 day to 30 day precisely, zos always give us trach rewards especially the last 5 days like the last month 5k gold for the 30 day login.... bruh, please please reward players who login daily properly because that so unfair
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was a deliberate change a while back as they recognise that with the best will in the world not everyone can log in every day and were consistently missing out on the high value rewards. Thats why day 21 is usually the big reward for the month
    Soupy twist
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already see the topics in my mind about people complaining about not being able to login because of maintenances or bugs.
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had that thought a couple of times too, but then I think about it a little more and I think it's really healthy that people aren't made to feel strongly about missing a couple of days of logging on per month.
    For me it's a much healthier way of doing daily login rewards when it's decided to do them at all.
    I played since beta, and was there when the early really epic login rewards were introduced. (You can check out the monthly history here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Daily_Rewards/August_2018 ). This year of anniversary has really seen them pick up again too :)
    Some months used to not have rewards in the last couple of days. Now they do, but earnable in-game ones which seems nicely balanced to me.
    And while the lovely crates and other goodies made me feel happy, it also made the game feel more unhealthy to my mental health, and planted the thought that I had to log in every day or I'd miss out on stuff I'd never be able to earn another way. (I think most or all comsetics or houseguests from daily login has never recurred anywhere else in the game). I've been away on holidays or exchange stuff sometimes, and been really sick for for more than a month a few times and missed some great things I'd have loved sadly. Daily reards to me, seems like a bit of a predatory mechanic to keep people engaged.

I can se your point though. That the people who make the loyal effort to log in daily should be rewarded for that with really interesting rewards. I have done, and still do some months, and can get the feelling you have. Sometimes at the end of the month with the last reward I even feel like I'm a sad person with no life and nothing to make me miss eso, so great login rewards is a little dopamine-pick-me-up for not having other stuff in my life, or for prioritizing eso.
    But I still think it's much better this way with good rewards early on, so eso doesn't get in the way of rl, but is an entertaining game that shouldn't feel chore-like.
    I think the rewards with some decent tel-var, a bit of gold and some ap, are ok rewards, a little meagre, but to me that's a good thing at the end of the day.

Edited because I'm bad at spelling.
    Edited by Ilumia on 3 September 2024 10:50
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the end of the day it's something for doing essentially nothing. The rewards do not require ESO+ either so it's not like we're not getting our money's worth in a month in which they are mediocre.

The funny thing is that I go out of my way not to get DLC dungeons: that way when I don't have my ESO+ active I can always get an easy non-dlc dungeon on my randoms!
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can already see the topics in my mind about people complaining about not being able to login because of maintenances or bugs.

Exactly. I've seen several of those over the years.
    I think I remember some around christmas time a year with a late december mount reward. Which I suppose is fair since loads of people go away over christmas and don't like missing out because they prioritize family and they don't have access to eso over the holiday.
    On the other hand it is fun to log in on christmas day and get a mount.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Daily_Rewards/December_2018
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that the FOMO is strong the way it is. If there were rewards in the final week of the month that people consider a "must have", then it would be much worse. Unhealthy, for some people.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, don't log in because you're sick or working or away or the server is down during your gaming time, you deserve nothing. That's what OP is suggesting, right?
    Same as if you aren't prepared to spend 1000 hours doing the same thing over and over and over again to find some lead or get some piece of equipment, you don't deserve to get it.
    Edited by cyberjanet on 3 September 2024 11:21
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us prefer not to be shackled to our gaming rigs and don't want to be pressured into never being away from it for more than 24 hours at a time.
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% agree.

We got a few good rewards within the year with a few crown crates and mounts, but what we get now can't be anything but disappointing, imo, when you are an endgame player with money and ESO+.

Already have the dungeons, the given materials have a global value of 50k, less than 100k for furnishings, 15k value for inks...

This less than 30% of what I produce in a day.

But I can imagine it's a nice month for ppl who don't have ESO+ nor money.

I wish the rewards were (far) more interesting for endgame players.

(and please, stop giving us crown food, it's crap and everybody with a decent build will throw that away)
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! House vid: TES III Morrowind biggest fan!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    (I think most or all comsetics or houseguests from daily login has never recurred anywhere else in the game).

Some did return to the crown store. The first I can think of is Keldora the houseguest, but I know there were also a few pets and a few markings and/or adornments. But of course it's never clear if and when they will return.

Certainly ZOS uses this to have players log in regularly. I'm not even sure if they care whether the players really play after logging in, or just log out again (I did that quite often in the past), but good login stats (a high number of "active players" - or what looks like that) is certainly useful for them.
    Ilumia wrote: »
    I can se your point though. That the people who make the loyal effort to log in daily should be rewarded for that with really interesting rewards.

I personally don't consider logging in an effort, to be honest, so I don't see any obligation that it had to be rewarded. Of course I happily take what ZOS offers, but first of all I log in to play the game. I logged in before there were any rewards and never had the feeling I would need an extra reward to do that. And I'll still log in in case they ever cease to give out these free bonus things, as long as the game itself stays interesting for me.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion: I think daily login reward system should be removed.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion: I think daily login reward system should be removed.

Why? I mean, I'm more or less indifferent to the topic (I gladly take the "rewards", but if there weren't any, I'd also be fine with it), but I don't see any advantage in removing them either. ZOS will always try to persuade users to log in regularly to raise the number of "active players" for good stats, if not with this stuff, then with other time-limited offers. I see that some people feel pressured to log in by these "incentives", but in the end, as adults, players are responsible for themselves.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire