Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[UNPOPULAR OPINION] ZOS could increase items limit in housing

• Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    People here pointing out (and supporting) the dev argument about technical limitations are completely ignoring the very valid and honestly quite staggering fact the OP brought up:

Why does a damn fork have the same budget AS A FRICKEN MOONGATE for crying out loud?.

Because it's NOT about size but object count. The only thing caring about an objects size and visuals is your graphics card, for the server it's always "1" item it needs to remember and reposition every time someone loads into the house.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's all 1 and 0's. A fork and a moongate are equal. If there is a hard limit to the number of slots some could be reserved for smaller objects, but they wouldn't increase the total of slots.

Stacking identical objects in the database might enable more items to be included. But again 20 identical moongates and 20 identical forks will take the same space.

PS5/NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People here pointing out (and supporting) the dev argument about technical limitations are completely ignoring the very valid and honestly quite staggering fact the OP brought up:

Why does a damn fork have the same budget AS A FRICKEN MOONGATE for crying out loud?

Sort of makes one wonder how much longer the moon gate is going to remain in that category.
    Kisakee wrote: »

Why does a damn fork have the same budget AS A FRICKEN MOONGATE for crying out loud?.

Because it's NOT about size but object count. The only thing caring about an objects size and visuals is your graphics card, for the server it's always "1" item it needs to remember and reposition every time someone loads into the house.

I originally had the feeling it was intended to be about the load it places on the GPU, not the server. In this case, I am not sure how they arrived at their decision. Assuming it is not a mistake.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus