Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Frost Staff now "Tracks"?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was running some rare content (for me) on my Frost Warden and I saw that my Frost Staff attacks, at least the long ones, curved to the target. I tend to use a Lightning Staff on other classes because it targets better (for me). Is this a general change now? Does the heat staff do the same now?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it already did that, same with inferno.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it already did that, same with inferno.

It did not do that a long while back (years possibly) when I last paid attention to it. I didn't use Inferno Staffs because I missed too often.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All projectiles track, though technically projectiles that are getting launched to a ground aoe (like fire rune or elemental explosion) are tracking to a static target. Even arrows from bows, npc thrown knives, as long as the attack was launched with a target, it'll track to the target.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    All projectiles track, though technically projectiles that are getting launched to a ground aoe (like fire rune or elemental explosion) are tracking to a static target. Even arrows from bows, npc thrown knives, as long as the attack was launched with a target, it'll track to the target.

I missed many targets at some point in the past with Inferno and Ice staffs. At least I would legally assert that. It is why I didn't like them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed many targets at some point in the past with Inferno and Ice staffs. At least I would legally assert that. It is why I didn't like them.

Nope. It's been like that since at least release (maybe sooner but I never tried a staff during beta). It was something a lot of people would comment about with confusion in the early days because they couldn't understand why they were being attacked from around corners
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭

You missed them because sometimes, sometimes, mobs dodge roll! And our attacks miss!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You missed them because sometimes, sometimes, mobs dodge roll! And our attacks miss!

It wasn't a dodge and roll miss. It was the attack going in a straight line and the mob moved. Perhaps a couple were dodge and rolls and I missed it, but not all of them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be that before you were attacking out of range and now with practice and experience you've just become accustomed to the range of light attacks with a staff so that you know when it will land without even thinking about it. There's a lot of little things like that in this game that seem weird to players until it just becomes habit and muscle memory.