Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I thought this was a Roleplayer-friendly game?

Jupiter_Storm
Jupiter_Storm
✭✭
At a glance, one might certainly think so!

We've got...
  • A positively massive selection of Outfits and Cosmetics to choose from!
  • A slightly less massive selection of Emotes to choose from!
  • A very agreeable selection of Houses to choose from, where we can entertain our friends!
  • An EXTREMELY robust Decoration system for making our homes exactly the way we want!
  • The ability to Build our characters in pretty much any way we want, using any combination of skills from multiple sources...
  • Books, Card Games, and more!

That's right, folks! We've got it ALL! ... Or do we?

It seems to me that this game is missing some Pretty Darn Basic But Extremely Important Features for promoting Roleplaying, Social Gatherings and other RP-Adjacent activities:
  • The ability to add a 'Roleplayer' tag to our Name Plates (see image below), so people know we're open to being approached in the Open World.
  • Population Count in the House Tours browser (where's the party at, ZOS?) - the ability to see How Many People are in a Listed House, and Filter by Population Count in the Search Tool.
  • A larger selection of 'NORMAL' titles - you know, something like... Woodsman, for collecting lots of wood. Or, I dunno, FIGHTER, for completing the Fighter's Guild! (Fighter's Guild Victor looks extremely silly compared to Master Wizard which you get from the Mages' Guild).
  • Character Biographies! (Accessible via the Radial Menu, perhaps?) - Should work just like Guild Notes, but with a higher character limit. Somewhere you can write about your character, whether that be their backstory, or proudest achievements. -- This could also extend to House Biographies too, for the House Tours System.

(EDIT) - I've also seen fit to separate some of the more Advanced features that have been suggested in this thread below, as they will likely take more work to implement but there is certainly interest out there!
  • The ability to remain in the world when we're playing Tales of Tribute... And to allow others to observe our games. I mean, come on, whose idea was it to just delete our models when we start a card game? T_T
  • The ability to place 'Monster / NPC' Furnishings (beyond just the rather expensive Houseguests - I'm talking for things like setting up little Dungeons or Encounters)
  • The ability to Play actual Instruments, using the Gamepad - not just emotes!

From A Certain Competing MMO:RPG Title:

bJuuO2P.png

If there is anyone out there who agrees, please bump this vigorously and often! What else would you like to see?

(Edited to illuminate a few points which were unclear.)
Edited by Jupiter_Storm on 3 September 2024 15:09
  • TheMajority
    TheMajority
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well...I do like rp and such...but I would be scared to use such a tag in ESO. for unfortunately, even with this game appearing on the outside to be rp friendly...and it is a paradise for character building...some of the comminity are not nice people who would mock and mudball you for wearing such an RP tag, or would assume in PVP or dungeon that you are "bad" because you are a roleplay... (Which I do know is an untrue assumption because many RP player are extremely GOOD at dungeon and PVP because it is a part of their character building to make a warrior...)

I personally would not wear it for fear of being harassed and that is a sad thing truly because I do wish open world rp and random rp encounters was normalized here, but unfortunately even though this game is great for RP...the community itself not so much at times...

but all other of your requests I do support. really in my true heart I do support the RP tag too, but fear the negative stigma aimed at me when I enter dungeon or pvp
    Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.

Sorry for my English, I do not always have a translation tool available. Thank you for your patience with our conversation and working towards our mutual understanding of the topic.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    anything "paywalled", except the current expansion, can be bought with gold by someone selling crowns in zone chat, but you have to put in the amount of work to earn those things just like anything else. Plenty of ways to make millions of gold if you put the effort in though.
    Edited by Kappachi on 2 September 2024 00:22
  • Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    anything "paywalled", except the current expansion, can be bought with gold by someone selling crowns in zone chat, but you have to put in the amount of work to earn those things just like anything else. Plenty of ways to make millions of gold if you put the effort in though.
    You're absolutely right! T'was just a harmless bit of satire.
    really in my true heart I do support the RP tag too, but fear the negative stigma aimed at me when I enter dungeon or pvp
    Well, in my head it was something you could ideally toggle on/off, but I do totally get where you're coming from there and appreciate your support in spite of your apprehension. :smile:

I haven't encountered that behaviour in dungeons myself yet (despite yelling colourful Shakespearian obscenities at Bosses), but I do agree with you that there are people out there who do still ridicule players for how they choose to enjoy Tamriel - and not just targeted at RPers either, you're totally right.
    Edited by Jupiter_Storm on 2 September 2024 01:50
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] A positively massive selection of (paywalled) Outfits and Cosmetics to choose from!
    [*] A slightly less massive selection of (paywalled) Emotes to choose from!
    [*] A very agreeable selection of (paywalled) Houses to choose from, where we can entertain our friends!

I'm no fan of microtransactions or in-game monetization in general, but in case of ESO, I feel it's really not like one has no choices without paying real money. Except for one, all of my 40+ houses were either free or bought with gold, most clothing I use was also either free (costumes as an event or dungeon collectible) or made with the outfit system, and many basic emotes (like sitting, drinking, eating, waving, pointing somewhere) are also included for free in the base game. The only emotes I ever bought were those that let your character play a musical instrument. I'm sure there is a list of all free/earnable collectibles somewhere online (probably on UESP.net?). The same goes for the list of basic emotes. You might look into that, if you like. I found it helpful to get a decent collection to choose from in the beginning.
    [*] The ability to add a 'Roleplayer' tag to our Name Plates (see image below), so people know we're open to being approached in the Open World.

It would certainly be helpful. Should be easily toggleable, though, for times when one is busy or currently not in the mood for interaction. Right now I'd say the best chance is approaching people that have a lorefriendly character name and are dressed in a way that seems accurate for what they wish to portray. At worst, they'll tell you they aren't interested (right now).
    [*] Population Count in the Home Visits browser (where's the party at, ZOS?)

I'm not against it, but how exactly does that help roleplay? I personally don't care how many people have visited. It's not about quantity, at least for me.
    [*] The ability to place 'Monster / NPC' Furnishings (beyond just the paywalled Houseguests - I'm talking for things like setting up little Dungeons or Encounters)

I also don't find that much roleplay-related, but it would certainly be fun to build a private dungeon.
    [[*] A larger selection of 'NORMAL' titles - you know, something like... Woodsman, for collecting lots of wood. Or, I dunno, FIGHTER, for completing the Fighter's Guild! (Fighter's Guild Victor looks extremely silly compared to Master Wizard which you get from the Mages' Guild).
    [*] The ability to REMAIN in the WORLD when we're playing Tales of Tribute... And to allow others to observe our games. I mean, come on, whose idea was it to just delete our models when we start a card game? T_T
    [/list]

Yes to both.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your response, @Syldras! Very well articulated, too, and I agree (mostly) - just to clarify a couple things though...
    Syldras wrote: »
    I feel it's really not like one has no choices without paying real money.
    You're absolutely right, too! The spirit of the 'Paywalled' comments was just a little bit of humour, to colour what I genuinely feel are positive points!

I think I'll just go ahead and edit the initial post since it's backfiring a little... :lol:
    I also don't find that much roleplay-related, but it would certainly be fun to build a private dungeon.
    Think, Dungeons & Dragons-style encounter in Hunter's Glade, for example. Right now, you can KIND of do that with Pets, Mounts and some of the Houseguests, but you can't really replicate them to make 'packs' of enemies for instance.

It's admittedly a pretty niche want, yeah! I'm just... thinking back to Star Wars: Galaxies and RIFT where you could actually do this, and people used it to make little adventures in their house. It was neat.
    [*] Population Count in the Home Visits browser (where's the party at, ZOS?)

I'm not against it, but how exactly does that help roleplay? I personally don't care how many people have visited. It's not about quantity, at least for me.
    I've seen other threads on the Housing subforum which do request Visitors (or even a Visitor Book for feedback), but what I was actually getting at with my suggestion (I'll also edit the initial to clarify this) is to be able to view how many people are currently in a house before I go there - and / or Filter by Population Count.

I.e. "Where's the party at, ZOS?" - Houses that are advertised under a 'Roleplay' or 'Gathering Hub' kind of category would be doubly effective if you can see which of them are currently being used, if that makes sense?

Edited by Jupiter_Storm on 2 September 2024 02:23
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen other threads on the Housing subforum which do request Visitors (or even a Visitor Book for feedback), but what I was actually getting at with my suggestion (I'll also edit this to clarify) is to be able to view how many people are currently in a house before I go there - and / or sort by population count in the Filters.
    I.e. "Where's the party at, ZOS?" - Houses that are advertised under a 'Roleplay' or 'Gathering Hub' kind of category would be doubly effective if you can see which of them are currently being used, if that makes sense?

Ah, okay, that does make sense, yes. I haven't used the new housing menu yet (and I'm not sure whether I ever will, as the thought of random players walking around in my houses is a little creepy for me - I rather invite people in person) and I'm astonished there is no display of the number of current visitors in the menu, as such a counter does already exist in game (but the number is only shown to the owner of a house and only while being on location right now).

A guestbook does sound like a nice idea.

I also like another suggestion I've seen in the forums several times: To add an optional character biography (accessible through the menu wheel that's also used for duelling and card game proposals, group invites, etc). I think it might be interesting to read other people's stories. Of course it could be used abusively by some people, but I don't see a big difference to character names or chat messages; in case someone uses it to spread hateful messages, crude insults or real life propaganda, it should be reportable.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    I also like another suggestion I've seen in the forums several times: To add an optional character biography (accessible through the menu wheel that's also used for duelling and card game proposals, group invites, etc). I think it might be interesting to read other people's stories. Of course it could be used abusively by some people, but I don't see a big difference to character names or chat messages; in case someone uses it to spread hateful messages, crude insults or real life propaganda, it should be reportable.

Well now I just feel silly for missing this out on the OP list... Time to edit again, because this is an incredible suggestion.

I don't actually think Character Bios have been done anywhere except EVE (and WoW - if you count addon functionality) - but on that game, as you say, they are enforceable if abusive.

Non-RPers actually use the Bios, too, to link their proudest achievements. So there's a little bit there for everyone. :lol:

Edited by Jupiter_Storm on 2 September 2024 02:27
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well now I just feel silly for missing this out on the OP list... Time to edit again, because this is an incredible suggestion.

I don't actually think Character Bios have been done anywhere except EVE (and WoW - if you count addon functionality) - but on that game, as you say, they are enforceable if abusive.

Non-RPers actually use the Bios, too, to link their proudest achievements. So there's a little bit there for everyone. :lol:

I’m not into RP in the way you describe, but I do like this idea and I do have a backstory on many of my characters, and it would be nice to share that with visitors, since I do tend to associate some houses with certain characters.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, if I was an influential member of ZOS…

First I would implement Cross-play, then after merging all of the NA servers and EU ones, I would have one of the left over servers set to an out-of-town PvP server similar to old-school Diablo II, and another into a roleplay server like what you can find on WoW.

This way people would have their choice in experience without disrupting others.
    Edited by Theist_VII on 2 September 2024 05:51
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy role play days are over in this game probably or at least it is not like in the past.
  • Nissowolf
    Nissowolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can those suggestions be given to the dev team ? :smile:
    Roleplayer
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe last time roleplay had attention were pre one tamriel days, most things that were promised to the community never came to fruition so now it's people making the lost of what they have at hand, personally not really inspired for roleplay in this exact game.
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me you already have your perfect RP mmorpg in that certain mmorpg.

I am not sure if I am the only one but I DO NOT want that certain mmorpg-esque toxic, obnoxious and small-minded RPers in ESO.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] The ability to add a 'Roleplayer' tag to our Name Plates (see image below), so people know we're open to being approached in the Open World.

I think this is a very good idea. As for it giving players a stigma, there's a simple solution to counter this for 99% of cases: Make it so you can only see these tags on others characters when you have enabled it for your own.

Perhaps such a tagging feature could be generalized to other activities at well, as an alternative to broadcasting in zone chat or using group finder interfaces.
    Edited by Muizer on 2 September 2024 10:23
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    I’m not into RP in the way you describe, but I do like this idea and I do have a backstory on many of my characters, and it would be nice to share that with visitors, since I do tend to associate some houses with certain characters.
    I appreciate your insight into this! And I do agree that it does have some functionality for others as well who don't necessarily write emote essays at each other. :lol:

I have noticed over the years that ESO is home to a lot of """lite""" roleplayers (I hope that doesn't come across unkindly) who do still name their characters in-universe, and create stories and themes for them. It's not just my hope that this caters ONLY to the sort of RP I'm describing, but to others as well who enjoy the Social RPG aspect of the game. So thank you!
    Theist_VII wrote: »
    I would have one of the left over servers set to an out-of-town PvP server similar to old-school Diablo II, and another into a roleplay server like what you can find on WoW.
    This is a really interesting suggestion; I do think multiple, smaller servers with their own categories would go a long way towards achieving somewhat-stronger cohesion between players of specific tastes.

The current sharding model annoys me no end personally, though at least you always end up in the same shard as your friends - just makes it harder to meet new people in-game. :disappointed:
    I believe last time roleplay had attention were pre one tamriel days, most things that were promised to the community never came to fruition so now it's people making the lost of what they have at hand, personally not really inspired for roleplay in this exact game.
    Scientific curiosity; if more provision WAS given to roleplayers than there currently is (though granted, we have a lot already), would it be more or less likely to inspire you?
    I am not sure if I am the only one but I DO NOT want that certain mmorpg-esque toxic, obnoxious and small-minded RPers in ESO.
    No offence taken here, this is a very valid point and as a member of the RP community I completely understand where you're coming from, and why you would see things that way. It - like any other hobby - does attract an outspoken minority who give that """label""" a bad name.

If you were a non-roleplayer, I can also see and validate your apprehension towards having development resources directed to implementing features aimed at what is likely a minority compared to PvP / PvEers.

My take on this, is that... A few of the more basic features aren't really something that would take a great deal to implement - simply due to the fact that there's no Storyboarding, there's no Modelling, and the functionality to do it, already exists in the Game Engine (for instance, Bios = Guild Notes, but relocated to Character Window -- RP Tag / Titles = Nameplate System)

Beyond which, Roleplayers and Roleplay-Ajacent Players (such as those into Fashion, Character Design, Stories, etc.) are very good at creating our OWN content - for example, re-playing old quests but choosing different conversation options, creating our own adventures, spending hours and hours browsing costumes, cosmetics, collections etc. From a financial perspective, as a company, you'd be getting quite a lot of commitment back for the costs.

But... As a closing thought, @GuuMoonRyoung - You're Absolutely Right. FF:XIV does have a lot in the way of the features I'm describing, but it doesn't have them all. But I would posit to you that the reason most of us are playing this game is because we like the SETTING! We can all agree we're Elder Scrolls Fans, right? :blush:
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jupiter_Storm True, we are ES fans, and my honest feelings is that whether we are male or female, those who love ES are all MEN OF CULTURE! Ehhhmmm... cough... cough...

Sorry about that... I completely understand you, I also have some RP wishes for this game. I would really love it if ESO had FF14 style bard instruments but only for instruments played by the npc bards in the game. Would have been cool to see people making music and holding concerts in game.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be lovely to be able to write somewhere the story behind our houses.

Whilst I don't consider myself a rp-er I have increasingly developed stories behind my house builds but have nowhere to share those stories in game.

I actually think I might be more comfortable with opening my houses up for House Tours if I could at least explain the reason behind the madness!!

As it is now, I share my stories on my Guild's Discords when I open a build for the first time for them to visit, however I do accept there would need to be a character limit, stories can get lengthy! <3

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    I would really love it if ESO had FF14 style bard instruments but only for instruments played by the npc bards in the game. Would have been cool to see people making music and holding concerts in game.

I would love to see that. :heart: I remember the first time going to Daggerfall quite recently on the intro-quest, and there's an Orc Bard there by the docks who you can ask to buy his lute from.

He says no, this is MY lute. But it got me so excited to think that you COULD buy instruments in game! So sad when I found out that wasn't a thing. I don't know HOW they'd do it or if the game engine could support it... I know the way it was done on LOTRO was assigning notes to the Number keys with Shift + Alt + Ctrl for different octaves - so you were able to compose your own songs when you had an instrument out.

The only downside to it, was that latency could result in the songs coming out a bit wishy-washy at points. But you've inspired me to add another thing to the OP. Thanks!
    freespirit wrote: »
    Whilst I don't consider myself a rp-er I have increasingly developed stories behind my house builds but have nowhere to share those stories in game.

I see a lot of suggestions like this on the Housing forum as well, it's amazing to see how passionate the House Tours system is making people. And I definitely agree that it doesn't just take """Roleplayers""" to write stories and flavour for their characters and other creations in the game. So many of us are creative in our own ways and it would be lovely to be able to express that in a game like this.
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭✭

Roleplaying in this game isn't like I hoped it would be; i.e. old-school, tabletop D&D where you actually had your character's backstory created at the same time you created your character.

I had joined a so-called "RP guild" the first year I played ESO. I bounced out of it within a week due to the RP "content" others were engaging in. It was disgusting, to say the least. This is why in-game roleplaying has a so-called "stigma" attached to it; people don't clarify exactly the sort of roleplay they want to engage in, and assume that someone else is interested in the same thing. No projection, please and thank you.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do they do?

The only times I've seen roleplayers "in the wild" (not meeting inside their own homes) in ESO they were just sitting around and chatting. Always "safe for work" stuff, at times very very overdramatic background stories (sometimes everyone seems to be the tragically lost princess of whatever... even if it makes no sense in lore at all since there aren't even that many kingdoms...) but that's a question of different taste, and as long as they just sit somewhere and chat, I can ignore it, so I don't see it as a problem.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make ToT games visible to other players... and within 5 minutes you'll have a guild of bookmakers ;)

[It's an interesting idea, but probably very difficult to implement I'm afraid.]
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jupiter_Storm True, we are ES fans, and my honest feelings is that whether we are male or female, those who love ES are all MEN OF CULTURE! Ehhhmmm... cough... cough...

Sorry about that...

Timbercrow Wanderer and Nordic Bather's Towel enter the chat.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah @Jupiter_Storm I am too socially awkward to be a real RPer, lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jupiter_Storm
    Jupiter_Storm
    ✭✭
    [It's an interesting idea, but probably very difficult to implement I'm afraid.]
    I had imagined so, I edited the OP to denote as an advanced feature - it's occurred to me (as it seems to have done for yourself) that whether or not it's possible depends on how the game engine renders Tales of Tribute.

My guess? It's not a window, like Trade or Inventory. It's a separate Instance that loads a specific kind of Environment.

As you rightly say, probably a hard "NO" from the Dev team if it works that way. :disappointed:
    No such thing as a "real" RPer! Everyone does the RPG experience their own way, in the way that they're comfortable. :blush: If you're dreaming up backstories for your characters and where they live, I'd still say you're flexing your creativity and immersing yourself in the game!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had imagined so, I edited the OP to denote as an advanced feature - it's occurred to me (as it seems to have done for yourself) that whether or not it's possible depends on how the game engine renders Tales of Tribute.

My guess? It's not a window, like Trade or Inventory. It's a separate Instance that loads a specific kind of Environment.

As you rightly say, probably a hard "NO" from the Dev team if it works that way. :disappointed:
    No such thing as a "real" RPer! Everyone does the RPG experience their own way, in the way that they're comfortable. :blush: If you're dreaming up backstories for your characters and where they live, I'd still say you're flexing your creativity and immersing yourself in the game!

The last time I was a "real RP'er" was in the mid-70s, when I was the GM for my daughter and her friends in junior high school. I wrote the scenarios (with D&D, then a couple of years I moved to AD&D for the framework), and played all the NPCs. We had a lot of fun, but of course they all went off after high school to college all over the place, so that went away. I did try some RP with kids in the local uni.... but they really thought "an old married woman" was pretty strange, so it wasn't very fun, and didn't last long.

At this point in my life, my "RP" is all in my mind, with the backstories for, and the continuing stories with, all my girls. It's a vivid, viable, vastly entertaining "story in progress" for each of them. But yeah, at this point, I'm not really into "real-life RP" any more....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

The last time I was a "real RP'er" was in the mid-70s, when I was the GM for my daughter and her friends in junior high school. I wrote the scenarios (with D&D, then a couple of years I moved to AD&D for the framework), and played all the NPCs. We had a lot of fun, but of course they all went off after high school to college all over the place, so that went away. I did try some RP with kids in the local uni.... but they really thought "an old married woman" was pretty strange, so it wasn't very fun, and didn't last long.

At this point in my life, my "RP" is all in my mind, with the backstories for, and the continuing stories with, all my girls. It's a vivid, viable, vastly entertaining "story in progress" for each of them. But yeah, at this point, I'm not really into "real-life RP" any more....

Tabletop D&D was a lot of fun. I have about 1000 of those little painted lead figurines from those days, no joke.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭

What do they do?

The only times I've seen roleplayers "in the wild" (not meeting inside their own homes) in ESO they were just sitting around and chatting. Always "safe for work" stuff, at times very very overdramatic background stories (sometimes everyone seems to be the tragically lost princess of whatever... even if it makes no sense in lore at all since there aren't even that many kingdoms...) but that's a question of different taste, and as long as they just sit somewhere and chat, I can ignore it, so I don't see it as a problem.

I meant roleplayers like that certain game the OP mentioned, roleplayers in that game are extremely toxic. They start as friendly enough, claims to be inclusive, accepting and understanding and then they start finding flaws in your roleplay or even your costume, start accusing you of some kind of "ist" or "phobic" nonsense and then start mass reporting you. I don't want that kind of *** in this game. Despite being a game for M+ audience, the playerbase in this game is way too sensitive to the point of childish, I don't want more nonsense on top of what we already have.
    Edited by GuuMoonRyoung on 3 September 2024 05:37
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭

There are no role players on Playstation (i never saw one on EU server), at best there are occasional players who play with actions and souvenirs ..

herbst-drachen-smilie_005.gif
    Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diebesgut wrote: »
    There are no role players on Playstation (i never saw one on EU server), at best there are occasional players who play with actions and souvenirs ..

I wonder if having 5 guilds is maybe the reason for this?

Personally I never felt attached to any guilds I’ve joined. Only individuals and raid group with whom I have spent time with.

If ESO only allowed for 1 guild per account, maybe guild loyalty (and RP activities associated with the guild) would be more prevalent? I just don’t know - I haven’t played other MMOs to properly speak on what makes RP more prevalent in games like these.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diebesgut wrote: »

I wonder if having 5 guilds is maybe the reason for this?

Personally I never felt attached to any guilds I’ve joined. Only individuals and raid group with whom I have spent time with.

If ESO only allowed for 1 guild per account, maybe guild loyalty (and RP activities associated with the guild) would be more prevalent? I just don’t know - I haven’t played other MMOs to properly speak on what makes RP more prevalent in games like these.

In this game role players are divided a bit in my opinion. Some use emotes and chat randomly and call it role play, but some use emote chat and describe their characters actions and expect others to do the same for role play. This might be hard to come by for PlayStation because well not sure you can attach a keyboard to that device and type.