Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is there still an Explorer's event this month (Sept 2024)?

CrashTest
CrashTest
✭✭✭✭✭
I just read the latest news and it shows this month's events, but the Explorer's event is no longer listed. Is it still happening?

Here's the previous announcement showing Explorer's event listed - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662697/2024-q3-event-schedule-july-through-september
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have overlooked
    Edited by dcam86b14_ESO on 2 September 2024 03:36
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m2st1y7586qt.jpg
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Explorer's Celebration is, if I remember correctly, usually not much longer than a weekend (like from Thursday 10 AM until the following Tuesday 10 AM), so it could still happen.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The Explorer's Celebration is, if I remember correctly, usually not much longer than a weekend (like from Thursday 10 AM until the following Tuesday 10 AM), so it could still happen.

Yeah those mini events are about 4-5 days. My guess would be it starts end of this week, with undaunted starting next week.
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope there isn't.

Materials value was already cut in half in two months, and it's getting worse day after day.
    Edited by JiubLeRepenti on 2 September 2024 09:40
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! House vid: TES III Morrowind biggest fan!
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can always vendor it for gold. I hope it stacks with undaunted, but I guess we'll find out soon. There would be an exp bonus too.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope there isn't.

Materials value was already cut in half in two months, and it's getting worse day after day.

I hope we have still have one, for those of us who farm our own mats you can never have too much.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope there isn't.

I came back and was surprised, lots of my material values are cut in half if not more... any event right now which increases material gains would be very bad for economy.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    ... any event right now which increases material gains would be very bad for economy.
    Depends on your perspective. It's great for buyers and independent players who like to get their own stuff.

I think the PCNA economy is still too inflated.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so curious to know this as well

@ZOS_KaiSchober

Has the explorer's event been canceled or might it still pop up this month as originally planned? Any news from the team would be great. Thanks in advance
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it starts tomorrow. Like someone above posted, it's a short event so it could run from Thursday to Tuesday.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just checked in with the team about this. It looks like the Explorer's Celebration has been shifted to October to avoid having too many events on top of each other. We'll update the Q3 event thread to reflect this.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, just checked in with the team about this. It looks like the Explorer's Celebration has been shifted to October to avoid having too many events on top of each other. We'll update the Q3 event thread to reflect this.

Thank you for this feedback. We appreciate your communication on behalf of the team.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks! And smart move, too.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Appreciate the update. Thank you.
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope there isn't.

I am very happy that they are cut in half, they should go down more. If you are worried that you won't be able to make enough to buy crowns, stop paying outrageous price for crown. If they don't want to sell, so be it, you won't die if you don't get some mount or other cosmetic.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Materials are as expensive as they've ever been, their prices definitely have not been "cut in half". I still don't know what people have been talking about when they claim this. Jewelry materials actually look even more expensive than they used to be. I'm talking about basic crafting materials here since that is all I usually look for.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    Materials are as expensive as they've ever been, their prices definitely have not been "cut in half". I still don't know what people have been talking about when they claim this. Jewelry materials actually look even more expensive than they used to be. I'm talking about basic crafting materials here since that is all I usually look for.

It probably depends on which server people are talking about.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and also Orsinium celebration! Still missing 40 weapons of the trash sets from maelstrom....
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on pc eu material prices are down nearly exactly 50%
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

It probably depends on which server people are talking about.

It depends on whether people are looking in guild stores, or on the ground where most mats are free anyway.
    If this stuff is too expensive to buy, the answer is farm your own.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on pc eu material prices are down nearly exactly 50%

I don't know. I always only bought Ancestor Silk when I could find it at 21 or so gold, now it is marked as "positive" when it's priced at 23 (8 %, -8% is at 27 gold, so the addon's 0-price must be 25 gold), so that price hasn't changed much, if so, it's become slightly more expensive.
    I remember buying raw silk for about 100 gold as a neutral deal, now it's at -1 % at 98 gold, so it seems to have gone down to 97 gold. Not quite "cut in half", but actually slightly cheaper. In general, those two prices don't seem to have changed much at all.

But maybe I'm the wrong person to talk about material prices since I never buy stuff when it's too expensive for my taste and in addition I virtually only buy materials from the two trading guilds I'm in. That way a part of my gold remains in the guilds.
  • Cobble123
    Cobble123
    ✭✭✭

There's already a 2XP event next month, so where's the sense in holding back this until then?
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭

...what? zircons used to be like 24k and chrom plats were like 330k. every crafting mat has been cut by half or more, jewelry was a diff story, because they completely changed the way it worked, that's fine, but everything from dreugh wax to any material like columbine is definitely half or less than what it used to be.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope there isn't.

I came back and was surprised, lots of my material values are cut in half if not more... any event right now which increases material gains would be very bad for economy.

I just looked for some motifs on PC-NA and the prices were several times (or more) of what TTC claimed were good. The "price drop" has not hit everything.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope there isn't.

I just looked for some motifs on PC-NA and the prices were several times (or more) of what TTC claimed were good. The "price drop" has not hit everything.

Motifs aren't generated the same way mats are. Anni event gave out lots of those, but I'd expect a lot of them to be sold by now. On PC-EU I've also noticed some of them climbing back up to their "normal" value. Mats meanwhile are probably still generated at a higher rate than usual because of the ink grind.

Some motifs are also pretty rare, making ttc suggested prices less useful. All the ones that are put up at a good price will be bought instantly and relisted at a higher price, and as a result listing prices are higher than suggested prices. Most the time when you find a bargain on ttc you're already too late, better to use an addon like awesome guildstore and create a saved search for the motifs you want with the price limit you're willing to pay. Whenever you're near traders, you can quickly check if any of them has the thing you want.

It could also just be the next step in the supply/demand evolution. The recent price drops mean demand has gone down considerably, and the inevitable result of that is that some people will just stop trading certain items, or trading altogether. Investing a lot of time into a game and how you play it and seeing it all turned around overnight (could be combat, trade, any game aspect really) because zos flips one switch or another can be pretty demoralizing, and every time this happens it will push some players out entirely, and make others take on a "why bother" attitude. I'd expect the current economy to affect traders in about the same way U35 affected the endgame PvE community.