Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How does magica/health/stamina regen in combat work exactly?

TheSunAlsoRises
TheSunAlsoRises
✭✭✭
Good afternoon,

Does anyone have insight into the following?

- how do you regenerate in combat? is it constant or only after you lose health/stamina/magika?

- how does +regen or +% regen magika/stamina/health stat work? does it increase the amount you regenerate per "tick" or increase frequency of ticks?

- how should you gear yourself to minimize "downtime" (ie. time spent not using ablities) in combat? what stat should i be focusing on?

Thank you!
No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • murpf
    murpf
    Hey,

1. pretty sure its constant. just like in any other mmo, you never want to let yourself cap in mana or stamina. your wasting resources that could be killing stuff.

2. im not sure on the overall equation. this is something that has not been clarified yet.

3. im not sure what you are asking here? are you saying how should you build your character?
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response. For #3, what I was trying to understand is is +regen or % regen better in long fights for heals per second (hps) or dps vs. straight magika or stamina?

you always have your base regen so does increasing your magika or stamina pool make more sense than increasing your regen?
  • scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    I've heard some testers say that increasing regen is more important than hitting caps on total amount of a resource. But I'm too "green" to test this myself.
  • murpf
    murpf
    im going to go with increasing your base pool is the better option. though i am not sure.
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the best way to test this is have two sets of gear (one straight regen and one straight resource) and find out B)