Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Let us see what dyes are used on our costumes without ESO Plus

LesserCircle
LesserCircle
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not always subbed to ESO plus and sometimes I want to check what dyes I used on some of my costumes, either to share with other people or to use that same dye on an outfit. I understand the feature of dyeing our costumes being locked behind ESO Plus but we should still be able to see that information at least.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I don’t know if PC has add-ons to help, but if I decide to change a style in my build but want to keep the same color scheme, there is no way to know what I used before.

Seems pretty basic to me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC then you can use this script to print the names of the dyes that are on your currently equipped costume.

1) Equip a costume. 2) Copy and Paste all of the text below into the chat box. 3) Press Enter.
    /script local cid=GetActiveCollectibleByType(COLLECTIBLE_CATEGORY_TYPE_COSTUME,GAMEPLAY_ACTOR_CATEGORY_PLAYER) local d1,d2,d3=GetCurrentCollectibleDyes(RESTYLE_MODE_COLLECTIBLE,cid) d("["..GetCollectibleName(cid).."]\n(1) "..GetDyeInfoById(d1).."\n(2) "..GetDyeInfoById(d2).."\n(3) "..GetDyeInfoById(d3))

The output will look like this in chat:
    [Liespinner's Vestments]
    (1) Void Pitch
    (2) Void Pitch
    (3) Scintillating Scarlet

Edit (including info from another post so that it's easier to find) :

The following script will unlock the costume menu in the outfit station even if you don't have ESO+ and will allow you to see the costume's slotted dyes. But you still need ESO+ in order to make any changes to the dyed costume. And it's only temporary, so if the UI reloads then it will revert to the normal API function.

1) Copy and Paste all of the text below into the chat box. 2) Press Enter. 3) Go to an outfit station and view the costume menu.
    /script CanUseCollectibleDyeing = function() return true end

Edited by N00BxV1 on 2 September 2024 23:50
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    If you're on PC then you can use this script to print the names of the dyes that are on your currently equipped costume.

1) Equip a costume. 2) Copy and Paste all of the text below into the chat box. 3) Press Enter.
    /script local cid=GetActiveCollectibleByType(COLLECTIBLE_CATEGORY_TYPE_COSTUME,GAMEPLAY_ACTOR_CATEGORY_PLAYER) local d1,d2,d3=GetCurrentCollectibleDyes(RESTYLE_MODE_COLLECTIBLE,cid) d("["..GetCollectibleName(cid).."]\n(1) "..GetDyeInfoById(d1).."\n(2) "..GetDyeInfoById(d2).."\n(3) "..GetDyeInfoById(d3))

[Liespinner's Vestments]
    (1) Void Pitch
    (2) Void Pitch

Wow this is awesome, are these scripts even allowed? I guess this is how addons work too.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Liespinner's Vestments]
    (1) Void Pitch
    (2) Void Pitch

Wow this is awesome, are these scripts even allowed? I guess this is how addons work too.

Yes, it's allowed. :D

"/script" is one of the game's built-in slash commands (just like "/reloadui"). It's used for executing Lua code and the game's API functions (like what addons use) from the chat box.

The game's API functions can be found here: https://wiki.esoui.com/API

Edited by N00BxV1 on 2 September 2024 15:43
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Liespinner's Vestments]
    (1) Void Pitch
    (2) Void Pitch

"/script" is one of the game's built-in slash commands (just like "/reloadui"). It's used for executing Lua code and the game's API functions (like what addons use) from the chat box.

That's great thanks a lot for the info and help, I can live with this as I'm on PC, still would be nice to have on console or without using a script but I'm not going to complain.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭

[Liespinner's Vestments]
    (1) Void Pitch
    (2) Void Pitch

That's great thanks a lot for the info and help, I can live with this as I'm on PC, still would be nice to have on console or without using a script but I'm not going to complain.

Well, that's what addons are for. Become an addon creator and bind this action to a single slash command or even hotkey. It's executing the same kind of lua scripting addons uses.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still think this should be a game option and not limited to PCs and add-ons.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Liespinner's Vestments]
    (1) Void Pitch
    (2) Void Pitch

Also, the following script will unlock the costume menu in the outfit station even if you don't have ESO+ and will allow you to see the costume's slotted dyes. But you still need ESO+ in order to make any changes to the dyed costume. And it's only temporary, so if the UI reloads then it will revert to the normal API function.
    /script CanUseCollectibleDyeing = function() return true end

But I agree, everyone should be allowed to at least view their costume's dyes even without ESO+.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go to the collections menu and under the outfits tab where you can preview outfit styles, you can see what you have equipped as an outfit and what dyes are used in it by hovering over the dye slots on keyboard, not sure on console though.
    Edited by Djennku on 3 September 2024 05:57
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    If you go to the collections menu and under the outfits tab where you can preview outfit styles, you can see what you have equipped as an outfit and what dyes are used in it by hovering over the dye slots on keyboard, not sure on console though.

That only works for seeing an Outfit's dyes, but they were talking about seeing a Costume's dyes (Outfit ≠ Costume).

If someone wants to see an Outfit's dyes, then all they have to do is go to an Outfit Station because that doesn't require an active ESO+ subscription. But if someone wants to see a Costume's dyes, then there's no way to do so without an active ESO+ subscription because the Outfit Station's Costume Menu will be disabled preventing them from accessing the Costume's dyes, and that info isn't in the Collections Menu either.

The requirement of having an active ESO+ subscription to dye Costume's is just a remnant of the past from before the Outfit System existed. And IMO (as an active ESO+ subscriber who also purchases all content separately) this "feature" should be changed so that everyone can dye Costumes because it's not special like it was before. At the very least everyone should be able to view their Costume's dyes at an Outfit Station or in the Collections Menu.

Edited by N00BxV1 on 3 September 2024 11:01
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That only works for seeing an Outfit's dyes, but they were talking about seeing a Costume's dyes (Outfit ≠ Costume).

If someone wants to see an Outfit's dyes, then all they have to do is go to an Outfit Station because that doesn't require an active ESO+ subscription. But if someone wants to see a Costume's dyes, then there's no way to do so without an active ESO+ subscription because the Outfit Station's Costume Menu will be disabled preventing them from accessing the Costume's dyes, and that info isn't in the Collections Menu either.

The requirement of having an active ESO+ subscription to dye Costume's is just a remnant of the past from before the Outfit System existed. And IMO (as an active ESO+ subscriber who also purchases all content separately) this "feature" should be changed so that everyone can dye Costumes because it's not special like it was before. At the very least everyone should be able to view their Costume's dyes at an Outfit Station or in the Collections Menu.

Not sure about a costume, but the outfit station only shows me a colored square on console but not the name of the color.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about a costume, but the outfit station only shows me a colored square on console but not the name of the color.

You're partially right...

With the Gamepad UI, we cannot see the correct dye names on the left side of the menu where we slot the dyes, but we can see the correct dye names on the right side of the menu where we select the dyes...

Gamepad UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Left Side, Incorrect Dye Name:
    sj4Kotf.png

Gamepad UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Right Side, Correct Dye Name:
    5F73dEQ.png

And of course this is only a Gamepad UI problem because with the Keyboard UI the correct dye names can be seen on both sides of the menu...

Keyboard UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Left Side, Correct Dye Name:
    bejC2m3.png

Keyboard UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Right Side, Correct Dye Name:
    eVQuWq8.png

Just add that to the already huge list of things that the Gamepad UI lacks compared to the Keyboard UI...

Edit:
    The same goes for the Outfit Station's Outfit Menu.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on 3 September 2024 23:02
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're partially right...

With the Gamepad UI, we cannot see the correct dye names on the left side of the menu where we slot the dyes, but we can see the correct dye names on the right side of the menu where we select the dyes...

Gamepad UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Left Side, Incorrect Dye Name:
    sj4Kotf.png

Gamepad UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Right Side, Correct Dye Name:
    5F73dEQ.png

And of course this is only a Gamepad UI problem because with the Keyboard UI the correct dye names can be seen on both sides of the menu...

Keyboard UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Left Side, Correct Dye Name:
    bejC2m3.png

Keyboard UI, Outfit Station Costume Menu, Right Side, Correct Dye Name:
    eVQuWq8.png

Just add that to the already huge list of things that the Gamepad UI lacks compared to the Keyboard UI...

Edit:
    The same goes for the Outfit Station's Outfit Menu.

I will have to look again tomorrow, I don’t recall seeing a dye name but I guess I could be completely oblivious, lol.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA