Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strange NB build and strange death recap damage, in non CP BG PVP

bladenick
bladenick
✭✭
Edit Sep 2:
I get hundred hour play time on non CP BG, and leader board deathmatch rank 1x, had dead thousand time, but not able to figure out this NB build, post here expecting if there any easy answer,

I suspecting it build with 2 damage set, and mythic Sea Serpent Coil, then it somehow explain 14k incap + 14k spectral bow, in the meantime also get insane defense.

Meanwhile this mythic may behavior different as it description addressed, at least the damage resistant not gone immediately with health drop under 100%

https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/sea-serpents-coil

==========original Post Sep 1=========

Everytime this guy in oppsite side. I quite uncomfortable since this guy kill me easliy in most 1 vs 1 scenario, but I cannot even do any significant damage on him

And the most strange part, this guy is a tanker build NB at least get more than 30K+ defend, my stealth incap with only get 3k damage, and follow up spectral bow only take 4k damage , that really shocked me as I’m expecting this guy is squish build.. to be honest, I could do more damage even on a shield tanker.

I don't talk about break free after incap stun because the latency always hindering break free , sometime totally unable to break free with full of stam. just curious on which build could get this high damage but still keep tanker like defense?

I give 2 death recap screenshot, both senario are 1v1 encounter as I’m in stealth then been detected by pot

senario 1 is U43, the last concealed weapon with 8k damage,
lv42lq1u6a0w.png

senario 2 is pre U43, with 30% undeath, the last hit get 5.8k under almost max undeath status
2kdc6pmnnsvk.png

14k spectral bow and 14k incap, how could the incap even get more than spectral bow? For me, normally incap do 8k and spectral bow do 11k+ after incap since there 20% damage increase debuff

the most confuse part is, it definitely need a squish build to reach such high damage, how could this guy get this as tanker build? or there some exploit or tricky could switch gear/build in middle of combat?

Edited by bladenick on 2 September 2024 03:02
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not much to talk about without knowing any details atleast about Your setup. Two death recap screenshots without any context doesn't bring a lot of insight. As it stands right now it just seems he is simply better at executing his combo than You are.

As for why incap is hitting for more than merciless it may be just because after incap dealing so much damage it lowers Your HP to the pont where vamp passive reduces dmg from merciless quite noticably. There are also sets like archer's mind which grant extra high opening hit.
    Edited by Galeriano2 on 1 September 2024 14:54
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bladenick wrote: »
    stealth incap with only get 3k damage, and follow up spectral bow only take 4k damage

Are you sure he didn't block?
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't rely on death recaps. They are often inaccurate. You need to get Combat Metrics and look at the ocmbat log to really know what is going on.

For example you show burning x12. That means the fight was going on for some time, eg 10 seconds or so.

Look up the videos of a player named React Faster . He posts on this board. You will see how a NB can be a brawler build but still dish out incredible damage.

The power extraction, incap/merciless, concealed combo is pretty standard. The numbers here arent that high if they are crits and you are not wearing rallying cry.
  • Meurto
    Meurto
    ✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    You can't rely on death recaps. They are often inaccurate. You need to get Combat Metrics and look at the ocmbat log to really know what is going on.

For example you show burning x12. That means the fight was going on for some time, eg 10 seconds or so.

Look up the videos of a player named React Faster . He posts on this board. You will see how a NB can be a brawler build but still dish out incredible damage.

The power extraction, incap/merciless, concealed combo is pretty standard. The numbers here arent that high if they are crits and you are not wearing rallying cry.

This is pretty good advice. Get combat metrics to really evaluate what happened during a fight.

What you encountered is the prototypical meta magblade. 30k hp, rallying cry + whatever capable of dealing insane dmg and absorbing absurd amounts of punishment all the while healing instantly from 10% hp to full. Not sure if you are somewhat new to pvp, but it can be incredibly unforgiving, especially to a newer player. Even veterans can have their health bar disappear quite quickly.
  • sbam66
    sbam66
    ✭✭✭
    That’s pretty standard damage for a nb. I’ve hit tanky players myself for 17-19k spec bows. Highest I’ve ever hit was 25k on another NB.
  • bladenick
    bladenick
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    stealth incap with only get 3k damage, and follow up spectral bow only take 4k damage

Are you sure he didn't block?

This the most tricky part, I had try multiple times and expecting one combo dead, but same result, hit like a stone, pretty sure not in blocking

That why I give post here

• bladenick
    bladenick
    ✭✭
    Meurto wrote: »

This is pretty good advice. Get combat metrics to really evaluate what happened during a fight.

What you encountered is the prototypical meta magblade. 30k hp, rallying cry + whatever capable of dealing insane dmg and absorbing absurd amounts of punishment all the while healing instantly from 10% hp to full. Not sure if you are somewhat new to pvp, but it can be incredibly unforgiving, especially to a newer player. Even veterans can have their health bar disappear quite quickly.

No, And m not new player, I get 1x rank in leaderboard of death match, 36 PVP level, dead thousand time, never saw a build like this,

That why I post here, the damage not typical in no CP BG, because I also NB, and know it need squish damage build, there limitation, no way to get both damage and defend, at least in my experience

Try multiple time, my incap + spectral now hit him like stretching, 3k + 4K, no chance to let him drop to 10%,

Edited by bladenick on 1 September 2024 23:27
  • bladenick
    bladenick
    ✭✭
    sbam66 wrote: »
    That’s pretty standard damage for a nb. I’ve hit tanky players myself for 17-19k spec bows. Highest I’ve ever hit was 25k on another NB.

What you incap damage? In non CP BG? Do spectral bow always get 30% high than incap?
    For me, without any damage set, only get pen from all light armor, 8k and incap and 11k spectral bow is most case, need 2 damage set to get 16k spectral bow,

Edited by bladenick on 1 September 2024 23:09
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea definitely some crazy damage coming out of people in bg while being crazy tank. Almost like they have cp active in there.

I can't blame low ping, which is where most people's skill comes from. Because the damage is like I'm a monster and not a player.

But it's most likely an exploit where a set has been miscalculated. My favorite one they ever did was the 40k pen for dual wield mace aha.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • Meurto
    Meurto
    ✭✭✭
    Meurto wrote: »

No, And m not new player, I get 1x rank in leaderboard of death match, 36 PVP level, dead thousand time, never saw a build like this,

That why I post here, the damage not typical in no CP BG, because I also NB, and know it need squish damage build, there limitation, no way to get both damage and defend, at least in my experience

Try multiple time, my incap + spectral now hit him like stretching, 3k + 4K, no chance to let him drop to 10%,

OK, understood. I am almost 100% positive they are running rallying+bal and maybe draugrkin? I would still suggest getting combat metrics because then you can see exactly what happened throughout the course of a fight.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A nb isn't wearing draugrkin unless they are a force pulse build or a sheer venom/dot pressure build
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Galeriano2 wrote: »
    Not much to talk about without knowing any details atleast about Your setup. Two death recap screenshots without any context doesn't bring a lot of insight. As it stands right now it just seems he is simply better at executing his combo than You are.

As for why incap is hitting for more than merciless it may be just because after incap dealing so much damage it lowers Your HP to the pont where vamp passive reduces dmg from merciless quite noticably. There are also sets like archer's mind which grant extra high opening hit.

If both nbs use same combo on each other with everything hitting undodged+unblocked and the opponent does 4 times the damage of OP with same incap+merciless combo than he is not better at executing the combo but has a char that deals 4 times the dmg with same attack. There is not much he can do better while executing the combo when both combos hit uncountered other than attacking from stealth and behind. Balorg+RallyngCry+orders wrath+ss-mythic(sea serpent or saint&seducer) should be one of the highest dmg practical builds, some special gank builds like titanborn+truesworn at low health probably can deal more.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit Sep 2:
    I get hundred hour play time on non CP BG, and leader board deathmatch rank 1x, had dead thousand time, but not able to figure out this NB build, post here expecting if there any easy answer,

I suspecting it build with 2 damage set, and mythic Sea Serpent Coil, then it somehow explain 14k incap + 14k spectral bow, in the meantime also get insane defense.

Meanwhile this mythic may behavior different as it description addressed, at least the damage resistant not gone immediately with health drop under 100%

Everytime this guy in oppsite side. I quite uncomfortable since this guy kill me easliy in most 1 vs 1 scenario, but I cannot even do any significant damage on him

And the most strange part, this guy is a tanker build NB at least get more than 30K+ defend, my stealth incap with only get 3k damage, and follow up spectral bow only take 4k damage , that really shocked me as I’m expecting this guy is squish build.. to be honest, I could do more damage even on a shield tanker.

I don't talk about break free after incap stun because the latency always hindering break free , sometime totally unable to break free with full of stam. just curious on which build could get this high damage but still keep tanker like defense?

I give 2 death recap screenshot, both senario are 1v1 encounter as I’m in stealth then been detected by pot

lv42lq1u6a0w.png

senario 2 is pre U43, with 30% undeath, the last hit get 5.8k under almost max undeath status
    2kdc6pmnnsvk.png

14k spectral bow and 14k incap, how could the incap even get more than spectral bow? For me, normally incap do 8k and spectral bow do 11k+ after incap since there 20% damage increase debuff

the most confuse part is, it definitely need a squish build to reach such high damage, how could this guy get this as tanker build? or there some exploit or tricky could switch gear/build in middle of combat?

NB is just grossly OP right now, and ZOS just keeps buffing the class for some reason.
  • bladenick
    bladenick
    ✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    Edit Sep 2:

lv42lq1u6a0w.png

2kdc6pmnnsvk.png

NB is just grossly OP right now, and ZOS just keeps buffing the class for some reason.

According to my hundred hour gameplay, it the only one could give so high damage of incap, most melee NB just give similar damage as I do because Melee NB dare not invest all sets on damage, even so, they still dead quickly once revealed by pot

This one give insane defense and highest incap damage I ever encounter, that why I post here

Mostly, the OP NB is just range proc , but the problem is free proc 40m away
    Edited by bladenick on 2 September 2024 22:44
  • bladenick
    bladenick
    ✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    Edit Sep 2:

lv42lq1u6a0w.png

2kdc6pmnnsvk.png

According to my hundred hour gameplay, it the only one could give so high damage of incap, most melee NB just give similar damage as I do because Melee NB dare not invest all sets on damage, even so, they still dead quickly once revealed by pot

This one give insane defense and highest incap damage I ever encounter, that why I post here

Mostly, the OP NB is just range proc ganker, but the problem is free proc 40m away

Edited by bladenick on 2 September 2024 22:47
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey at least Tarnished Nightmare wasn't in the recap, :)