Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

<spoiler> eye of the infinite new archive tool

Necrotech_Master
Necrotech_Master
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
so i finally finished 30 ghost dailies and unlocked the achievement requirement to buy the eye of the infinite

this item is a tool instead of a passive upgrade, that when used within the archive summons a little watchling pet

the pet has 365k max hp (not 100% sure if it can be attacked yet since i only used it up through arc 2), and seems to do 2 types of attacks, 1 is a basic beam attack called gaze, and a 3rd attack that does the lines in a cone (the hits of this seem to be around 4-6k non crit per hit) and an aoe knockback attack that actually hits reasonably hard (used when enemies are in melee range and does about 12-15k non crit dmg) (note: the dmg and crit chance scale off your stats like normal pets)

the tool has a fairly long summon animation, something like 10-12 seconds so its best to do this before combat, or even in the archive main hub

one downside of the long summon animation is the pet does have to be resummoned after bonus portals, as most of those despawn all pets/companions (after doing another run, it looks like it respawns itself, not sure if it randomly bugged on one and didnt respawn properly)

personally i like having the pet, though i kind of wish you werent locked into the summoning animation for 10-12 seconds

this is what the pet looks like
xnh8evabrxti.png

edit: added additional details
Edited by Necrotech_Master on 31 August 2024 05:32
plays PC/NA
handle @Necrotech_Master
active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds cool, I’ll find out what those ghost dailies are next week I guess.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds cool, I’ll find out what those ghost dailies are next week I guess.

the ghost dailies are either kill 10 fabled, or kill 1 marauder
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know by any chance if this watcher counts as a pet for Sorcs? Because if it does, it will screw up the Hardened ward if the heal is wanted.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know by any chance if this watcher counts as a pet for Sorcs? Because if it does, it will screw up the Hardened ward if the heal is wanted.

have not tested it though i assume it does count as a pet

from what i can tell the watchling does not take dmg, as it was able to sit next to a marauder in the aoes and not take any hits
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

from what i can tell the watchling does not take dmg, as it was able to sit next to a marauder in the aoes and not take any hits

Thanks. I do not know when I will be able to test this since I'm not doing more than one daily per day.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I do not know when I will be able to test this since I'm not doing more than one daily per day.

i can test it tomorrow since i do have a sorc lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He counts as a pet for bonuses regarding pets, but does not negate the heal of hardened ward. Not sure if it's intended or not. Haven't used the new Bacon of Oblivion set so I don't know if it affects that too.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apparently the little guy can take dmg, but its really hard to tell hes taking anything with 365k hp lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh nice.
    So is it an actual combat non-combat pet?

Ok, I see that doesn't make much sense, let me rephrase: does it take the non-combat pets spot?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    Ohhh nice.

Ok, I see that doesn't make much sense, let me rephrase: does it take the non-combat pets spot?

No. It, as well as any other pet in the game, can be active silmultaneously, seeing as they are separate ablities. They aren't like cosmetic pets or companions/assistants.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a pet then I wonder if Well Trained Command vision affects it. If so, that's honestly not the worst vision to take in some circumstances.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to have all relevant infos about it on this page, could anyone type how many fortunes the new tool costs?
    I'm on console and can't see it yet...
    Thanks!
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    Just to have all relevant infos about it on this page, could anyone type how many fortunes the new tool costs?
    Thanks!

It can be purchased from Filer Tezurs for 15k Fortunes. Full requirements for purchasing it are as follows:
    • Obtain all new Verses added with U43
    • Obtain all new Visions added with U43
    • Obtain all Necrotic Visions and transform into the Undead Avatar
    • Kill the two new Marauders (Werewolf and Minotaur)
    • Complete 30 Daily Quests for Esalinwe, the new ghostly NPC located between Malkhest and Filer Ool (Kill 10 Fabled/Kill 1 Marauder)
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Thanks!

It can be purchased from Filer Tezurs for 15k Fortunes. Full requirements for purchasing it are as follows:
    • Complete 30 Daily Quests for Esalinwe, the new ghostly NPC located between Malkhest and Filer Ool (Kill 10 Fabled/Kill 1 Marauder)

Thank you very much!
    It feels like those achievements will take a while to complete...
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Ohhh nice.

No. It, as well as any other pet in the game, can be active silmultaneously, seeing as they are separate ablities. They aren't like cosmetic pets or companions/assistants.

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll still take it, I hate combat pets in groups, it gets messy fast, but I really love having them around for solo combat.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got the new eye of the infinite upgrade myself today, played with it through arc 4. Was curious to find out what the upgrade was exactly, so I rushed a bit to get it.

This upgrade is fun, but the watcher is not much of a damage dealer. It seems the watcher is more made for crowd control(knockbacks/stuns/etc). Damage-wise I barely notice him doing anything, even in the lower arcs. ZOS could triple his damage and I still hardly would notice if he was there.

Haven't noticed him dying or even taking damage. He did de-spawn after I died though.

Suggestion for an upgrade to this IA upgrade: Add an ultimate to the watcher, which the player can manually activate. Something different, but damagewise similar to the meteor from the fire avatar/fabled.

Though the upgrade itself is fun, the usefulness isn't much.

PS: We need many more upgrades. Even if they are just fun upgrades.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Thank you very much!

Yes, I am not sure when/if I will get that then. I still have a few visions in the old list that I have not got yet.

Do you have to have killed Gothmau too?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Thank you very much!

Yes, I am not sure when/if I will get that then. I still have a few visions in the old list that I have not got yet.

Do you have to have killed Gothmau too?

No, you need to kill the two new marauders for this one.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Thank you very much!

the longest part was the 30 ghost dailies

i finished all of the other achievements within like 3 or so days of the patch releasing, but doing basically 30 separate runs takes a lot longer
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Got the new eye of the infinite upgrade myself today, played with it through arc 4. Was curious to find out what the upgrade was exactly, so I rushed a bit to get it.

This upgrade is fun, but the watcher is not much of a damage dealer. It seems the watcher is more made for crowd control(knockbacks/stuns/etc). Damage-wise I barely notice him doing anything, even in the lower arcs. ZOS could triple his damage and I still hardly would notice if he was there.

Haven't noticed him dying or even taking damage. He did de-spawn after I died though.

Suggestion for an upgrade to this IA upgrade: Add an ultimate to the watcher, which the player can manually activate. Something different, but damagewise similar to the meteor from the fire avatar/fabled.

the meteor from the fabled mystic does like 250k dmg, you can already do about 2-3x that with the iron atro avatar

if that was something the pet could do that would be insanely OP, not to mention you would then need to somehow bind a key to activate it or slot an ultimate

the watcher does decent dmg based on my testing, its not terrible, and not OP either
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this pet be used along with a Sorcerer pet or does it have to be one or the other?
    PCNA
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this pet be used along with a Sorcerer pet or does it have to be one or the other?
    Djennku wrote: »
    Ohhh nice.

@Djennku, PCNA.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its spawned separately using a tool item from the collection menu and acts as its own entity
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a pet then I wonder if Well Trained Command vision affects it. If so, that's honestly not the worst vision to take in some circumstances.

with the other vision, apocryphal emissary, and this that means basically anyone can get 2 "pets" regardless of class or build

which does help with making the pet vision more useful

the tier 1 apocryphal emissary pet is kind of weakish, the 2nd tier is actually pretty decent, i havent seen the 3rd tier yet, its never given me more than 2 stacks in a single run yet lol

if you have a companion with you, you get a 2nd copy of the apocryphal emissary too (for an extra 3rd pet if you also have eye of the infinite active too)

then theres also undead avatar which if you get that the special ability allows it to summon like a ton of skeletons all considered pets as well
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

the meteor from the fabled mystic does like 250k dmg, you can already do about 2-3x that with the iron atro avatar

if that was something the pet could do that would be insanely OP, not to mention you would then need to somehow bind a key to activate it or slot an ultimate

the watcher does decent dmg based on my testing, its not terrible, and not OP either
    Don't think that would be overpowered actually. When you consider players want to get to the higher arcs faster, this would help with that. And it needs to be unlocked. A massive ultimate every minute wouldn't be a problem. (Note: No new keybindings would have to be set, just use the X as with the avatar's specials.)

Without a save function, which many players seem to want, getting to the higher arcs faster would be a second best option in my opinion. Not only would this help those high arc players get to the higher arcs faster, this would also help new/inexperienced players clear the lower arcs they are having issues with better.

Having a powerful ultimate every minute on this eye of the infinite watcher would be perfect. Especially as this upgrade needs quite some achievements and effort to unlock it, so it should be powerful.

Anyways, even without a powerful ultimate the watcher is still a fun upgrade. We need more upgrades!