Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Specific Thread... unfollow? lol

Amethyst_Unearthed
Amethyst_Unearthed
✭✭✭
is it possible to unfollow or stop notifications from a specific thread? lol i realllllly hope so

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one follow a thread? I've never knew there is an option for that.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amethyst_Unearthed - AFAIK, there's not a good way to handle that. There have been posts (some quite lengthy) in the past where someone wanted to stop having notifications of posts they didn't even remember following, and the consensus was "there's no way to do that".

@ZOS_Kevin - can you help here?

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you follow threads by clicking on the star symbol so you click it again to unfollow it.
    the star symbol is next to the post's title
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    you follow threads by clicking on the star symbol so you click it again to unfollow it.

You mean bookmark?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You mean bookmark?

isn't that the same thing as following a thread?

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean bookmark?

Not in my experience. When I bookmark a thread here, it's to keep track of it because of some info I may want to access in the future. I don't get notifications when someone posts to the thread in the future. Notifications (um.... keeping FIRMLY in mind that vanilla - the chosen forum backend here - isn't as robust as phpBB for instance) when you activate them generally mean that EVERY time someone posts to a thread where you have notifications enabled, you will receive a notification of that activity by whatever you chose - email or popup on the forum itself, or both.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean bookmark?

I do not know, that is why I asked. I've never heard about "following" a thread. That does not mean, of course, that the option does not exist. Hopefully, the OP can clarify how they did it.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

You mean bookmark?

Not in my experience. When I bookmark a thread here, it's to keep track of it because of some info I may want to access in the future. I don't get notifications when someone posts to the thread in the future. Notifications (um.... keeping FIRMLY in mind that vanilla - the chosen forum backend here - isn't as robust as phpBB for instance) when you activate them generally mean that EVERY time someone posts to a thread where you have notifications enabled, you will receive a notification of that activity by whatever you chose - email or popup on the forum itself, or both.

i do get notifications from bookmarked posts, you can enable and disable that in your Notification Preferences.
    y2dt3thfgogz.png

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Interesting. I've never mad any changes to that sort of notification.

• Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on the star, you get told everytime someone posts to it. If you unclick, that all stops.
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    when you comment on a thread it pretty much makes you follow it..... im just over these overland content notifications lol

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned off all notifications a long time ago and I'm much happier for it.
    PCNA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    when you comment on a thread it pretty much makes you follow it..... im just over these overland content notifications lol

you can go to your notification preferences and turn that off.
    it's "New comments on posts I've participated in"

if you're using the forums on a phone you have to enable desktop mode to get to settings though

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.