Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best way to level scrying and excavating from 5 to 7 as in easy farmable purple leads.

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Up to 5, its the Artaeum grind and after 7 its go to hollow city, pick flowers then dig up void crystals. You can actucaly dig them up earlier if scryed by another alt.
But is it an way to reliable farm purple leads? Think I got frequent drops doing something in Alk'ir.
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every zone is guaranteed to give you one. And West Weald drops the Ayleid Sculpture, Grand Tree Lead from pretty much every activity from looting containers, resource nodes, kill loot, etc.. So much so that I intentionally stopped digging it up so it would stop dropping.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every zone is guaranteed to give you one. And West Weald drops the Ayleid Sculpture, Grand Tree Lead from pretty much every activity from looting containers, resource nodes, kill loot, etc.. So much so that I intentionally stopped digging it up so it would stop dropping.
    Yes, know you get one purple after green and blue one time in an zone so done some newer zones.
    And got some of the grand tree.

That I found who is probably fastest is to have two characters in Coldharbor, one is the one who is leveling and the other an master. Pick flowers to get the lead who the expert scry for, the trainee locates and dig up.
    Where does not seems to be an level required for digging only for scying and you get the same xp as in 10 points.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I'm playing regularly, I tend to get lots of purple leads each month. I wait to scry those to level the skills right before some of the leads expire. This way, I have leveled about 10 toons so far. So I would say patience is the key to leveling alts. Save up your leads and level a new alt once per month.
    Edited by Pevey on 28 August 2024 15:41
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The purple leads that drop frequently for me are the Sixth House table in Vvardenfell, the Snow Prince throne in Western Skyrim, and I think the Riven King throne in Rivenspire.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree, the tree drops like candy. I do not farm for it, but I actually decided to dig this one every time I naturally get it to just see the collection grow (and I used a whole bunch of them for my Coldharbour house).
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find mindlessly grinding from five to seven in Artaeum much faster.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that the easiest way to grind Antiquities was to go to each zone and find the green, then the blue, and finally the purple. Then go to the next zone.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    I thought that the easiest way to grind Antiquities was to go to each zone and find the green, then the blue, and finally the purple. Then go to the next zone.

You only get that first free purple lead once on your account for each zone.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried scrying a couple of times. It would be less boring if the rubbish drops were less 'rubbishy'.
    It turns out that I haven't missed whatever the good drops are.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's also the epic stained glass window furnishing that drops like candy in Telvanni Peninsula. I stopped digging them up after getting 20+ of them.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The once per account Zone Purples helps leveling up this skill. The grind with out it is real. Which is why only one character has this skill at 10.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even me who never grinds and let things go over time, with no pressure of any sort to finish, I have to say that scrying is the unique activity of ESO that got me angry as I was leveling it up. My way to take it easy and chill in this game wasn't sufficient to prevent the feeling of grinding and I lost the fun pretty rapidly. I did it once only and will never again. :D

Edited by DreamyLu on 29 August 2024 08:48
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should only get one characters to rank 10 in scrying and excavating.
    There is no benefit to having more than one character that can scry and dig, because the leads are account wide and none of the drops are character bound.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should only get one characters to rank 10 in scrying and excavating.
    There is no benefit to having more than one character that can scry and dig, because the leads are account wide and none of the drops are character bound.

The Dwarven lancers from Cyrodiil Conquest board dailies are alliance locked so you need another antiquities character if you do not PvP on a character that has the same alliance as the main one.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its nice to get to 7 in excavating because of the treasure chest passive who is very nice especially in group dungeons.
    After this I tend to use the character to dig up leads until she reach 9 for the upgrade to the chest passive.

if low on skillpoints I just keep the chest passives after that.
    Else I only use the two characters I use to do surveys on for leads.

• Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Bradyfjord wrote: »

You only get that first free purple lead once on your account for each zone.

Oh wow. I hadn't realized that because I do most things on one character, even though I have alts. Thanks for the info.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP is just trying to get Scrying to 7 for the Keen Eye Treasure Chests passive.