Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can endeavours be tailored towards helping with achievements?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
See subject line. There are some achievements that are just a pain due to low zone populations such as the one for killing wandering world bosses in deadlands. During non event times that is almost impossible unless you can solo them and soloing an NPC with 15 million health 30 times is not fun. Or the same for dragons in elsweyr for example. There are many others.

I've gotten all those hard ones out the way, ended up waiting for last years deadlands event. It seems it's not a far stretch to help players who need the help by adding things like this.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed 100%

ive only done 3/30 on that. simply because they only appear once an hour and usually poeple dont bother posting that theyre up. (or if they do its only in guild not in zone)

tbh ive given up with that acheivement. thats a unncessary grind for no benefit.
    either that or the need to improve the spawn times

• JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind this as well.

I think it would be great if some endeavors were created with achievements in mind, so that people who might not normally remember said achievements or who can't do them solo can hopefully get them done.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried making a group in the group finder and/or advertising in zone?

We killed a couple of them during a guild event last week, so you don't need a lot of players.

But yeah, having an endeavour that says "Kill a wandering boss" every once in a while is not a bad idea.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like soloing them occasionally, decent challenge lol

i definitely remember getting it all done when the deadlands released though, for the first month there were about 30 players camping each spawn spot for a WWB, as soon as 1 was spotted it would get annihilated

it was definitely a faster way to do kill 30 for sure, the same could probably be said for other world events too like doing multiple dragons or harrowstorms (I think there is an achievement as well for hunting like 100 dragons or something crazy)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to have more combination endeavors like kill a wandering boss or loot an psijjic portal. Having endeavors for items that are really rare aren't player friendly especially for those people with limited play time.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer endeavors that can be done without leaving Vivec hub.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    I'd like to have more combination endeavors like kill a wandering boss or loot an psijjic portal. Having endeavors for items that are really rare aren't player friendly especially for those people with limited play time.

Psijic portals would be worse than thieves troves, and they are extremely hard to find on endeavor days.

I’m on console so we don’t have add-ons to tell us where nodes are located.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Have you tried making a group in the group finder and/or advertising in zone?

We killed a couple of them during a guild event last week, so you don't need a lot of players.

But yeah, having an endeavour that says "Kill a wandering boss" every once in a while is not a bad idea.

Tried, the problem is the zone is empty during non event times on PS4/5 NA server. Hard to get a guild to help kill 30 WWB's or Dragons for example. As stated I completed it during the last event. This is what got me thinking about this, it would have been nice to have some people in the zone from time to time for endeavours instead of waiting a for the event.

Just going through the achievements there are tons of them that endeavours could be applied to once in a while.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Psijic portals would be worse than thieves troves, and they are extremely hard to find on endeavor days.

Also they are random whereas troves will always be found in the same places.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you dont have to wait for an event to farm them

could just kill 1 a day even if you have to solo it, you will get the achievement eventually

even when the zone was busy i got tired of trying to kill them after doing a couple a day, this was in the 2 weeks after the release of deadlands, i think i finished the achievement by 3rd or 4th week after launch

the problem i have with the deadlands is theres not a whole lot to do there, there are the 2 dailies and thats about it unless your trying to farm something (treasure maps, or leads), one of the dailies takes place in a delve so people arent in the zone, and theres no incursion events (though the WWB is the closest thing to that)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I see is they would still need three endeavors that can be done by players with only the base game and if those are easier/quicker players will do them instead. If they occasionally offered this with more endeavors as a reward like they are now with the Oblivion portals it might work without players griping to much.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

Also they are random whereas troves will always be found in the same places.

That's why I'd prefer if they gave a series of rare things you could try to do for that one endeavor versus having to find just one rare thing.