Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

question re Torc of the Last Ayleid King mythic item

Rowjoh
Rowjoh
✭✭✭✭✭
The bonuses of this mythic are:
  1. Reduces your damage taken by 15%.
  2. Adds 1337 Weapon and Spell Damage.
  3. Adds 500 Magicka and Stamina Recovery.

The penalty is:
  1. Disable all other item set bonuses.

Question - does this mean that whatever gear you are wearing, no matter what, everything is inactive ? - if so, then can't quite get my head around how this would be of much use except maybe in no-proc PVP?
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its
    Recovery. Disable all other item set bonuses.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »

The penalty is:

Question - does this mean that whatever gear you are wearing, no matter what, everything is inactive ? - if so, then can't quite get my head around how this would be of much use except maybe in no-proc PVP?

well the thing with it was that even the torc itself did not work in the no proc environment, and the no proc environment doesnt exist anymore to boot lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Highwayman
    Highwayman
    ✭✭
    That's how it works, you still get enchants and basic armor/weapon value. I have been liking it on magplar in cp cyro.

A little less so in no-cp battlegrounds, but still good. I think I should swap out one of my jewels for a little more stam sustain in no-cp for best results, otherwise it feels mostly the same.

You have to generate burst yourself and you have to spec hard into pen wherever you can get it. I've been thinking about trying it on nightblade which would help both of those a little. Though, I doubt it would do as well as a fully proc'ed up nb.
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torc basically lets you set and forget one mythic and wear anything you want.

For example, you could wear all CP 160 Rubedite armor and be just as effective as someone in sets with that mythic. All you need to worry about are:

Weights, Traits, Glyphs, Quality, weapon Type. That mythic will always provide the same bonuses. My characters in this mythic are literally in whatever random gear pieces I had that were the correct weights, traits, glyphs, and quality.

I actually really like this mythic for its versatility and tankiness (in particular on my DK and templar, classes that are good at stacking weapon and spell damage with passives, but Ive had great success with it on all classes except necro and arcanist, because I just havent really tried it on them yet). It is not "The Best' mythic. but it lets you swap stuff around really easily and always have a build ready. the innate tankiness and recovery really helps with learning a class, too, as it is kind of like training wheels, giving a lot of breathing room when you do hit the wrong things, but it gives enough weapon damage that as long as you manage resources you really can fight outnumbered with minimal issue. the only real downside is that there are no procs per say, so you wont ever have quite as big a burst as someone timing their various procs with their skills, and theres no pen nor crit chance added from this mythic. but it is like wearing wretched, clever alch, balorgh minus the pen, with a bonus major/minor prot full time.

The best advice I have for that mythic, is to go really deep on medium armor, get as many percentage stacking bonuses to weapon and spell damage as you can, and use sharpened traits/mauls/maces/lover mundus, and make sure you have breaches in your build. the 15% mitigation is more than an extra heavy armor piece or two will give you, and your stamina recovery will thank you
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torc basically lets you set and forget one mythic and wear anything you want.

For example, you could wear all CP 160 Rubedite armor and be just as effective as someone in sets with that mythic. All you need to worry about are:

Weights, Traits, Glyphs, Quality, weapon Type. That mythic will always provide the same bonuses. My characters in this mythic are literally in whatever random gear pieces I had that were the correct weights, traits, glyphs, and quality.

I actually really like this mythic for its versatility and tankiness (in particular on my DK and templar, classes that are good at stacking weapon and spell damage with passives, but Ive had great success with it on all classes except necro and arcanist, because I just havent really tried it on them yet). It is not "The Best' mythic. but it lets you swap stuff around really easily and always have a build ready. the innate tankiness and recovery really helps with learning a class, too, as it is kind of like training wheels, giving a lot of breathing room when you do hit the wrong things, but it gives enough weapon damage that as long as you manage resources you really can fight outnumbered with minimal issue. the only real downside is that there are no procs per say, so you wont ever have quite as big a burst as someone timing their various procs with their skills, and theres no pen nor crit chance added from this mythic. but it is like wearing wretched, clever alch, balorgh minus the pen, with a bonus major/minor prot full time.

The best advice I have for that mythic, is to go really deep on medium armor, get as many percentage stacking bonuses to weapon and spell damage as you can, and use sharpened traits/mauls/maces/lover mundus, and make sure you have breaches in your build. the 15% mitigation is more than an extra heavy armor piece or two will give you, and your stamina recovery will thank you

This has been my experience with it as well. I like to use it when I’m playing a PVP class I haven’t played in a while, just to get a feel for it again, and to test out different ideas without committing to a full build. I’m using it right now on my Warden that’s trying out a bow front bar rather than DW. Over 6k WD/SD, good sustain, 7k pen BEFORE major breach is applied with Sundering Soul and the Crushing enchant fires, almost 30k resistances on back bar when fully buffed (plus 15% damage reduction on top of that), 3H/3M/1L, everything gold… it’s really tanky, but still able to get a decent amount of kills despite the lack of burst. I like it. Not a meta BIS build, but not mediocre either.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies - much appreciated !
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The penalty is:

well the thing with it was that even the torc itself did not work in the no proc environment, and the no proc environment doesnt exist anymore to boot lol

sorry I meant no-cp - however in no-cp nothing procs, so essentially no-proc PVP does still exist.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies - much appreciated !

No problem. Here are some screen caps:

Front bar stats (Sharpened Bow):

r5178rws3gsz.png

Back bar stats (Defending Resto):

fhucssfzm54x.png

Mythic's performance in proc-enabled BGs:

sm9f0l4pyeeu.png

My two deaths in that match literally came from both teams focusing me when my entire group was dead. Otherwise, I was very comfortably able to tank a full group by myself, then melt them with an ulti combo. This character isn't even a vampire. That 15% damage reduction is HUGE, especially if you build for resistances on your back bar.

I could get spell damage quite a bit higher on the front bar by going DW, but this is honestly just a lazy AP farm build designed to zerg surf in safety in Cyrodiil while I increase my Alliance rank. I want to catch up with my old PVP main, as the Warden will be my new main.

The penalty is:

sorry I meant no-cp - however in no-cp nothing procs, so essentially no-proc PVP does still exist.

No-proc PVP is no longer a thing, as of Update 43. Procs have always been enabled in BGs, and they're now enabled again in the no-CP Cyrodiil campaign.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair I'm hitting 8k spell dmg on my plar, with breach I have over 10k pen and 1600 regen unbuffed
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The penalty is:

as noted by another poster, U43 removed the no proc portion of ravenwatch, its now using BG rules (no cp, but procs enabled still)

if your on console, i think you still have the no proc environment for 1 more week though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried this item and was underwhelmed. I'll have to try it more and also compare numbers but I think it's just for lazy people or people who want to save gold and resources not putting together a full/updated build of gear. I don't think it's designed to be OP but to just give you an easy option on a build.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I tried this item and was underwhelmed. I'll have to try it more and also compare numbers but I think it's just for lazy people or people who want to save gold and resources not putting together a full/updated build of gear. I don't think it's designed to be OP but to just give you an easy option on a build.

Gotta say I really like on DK and Templar
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »

That’s the thing, it’s just okay. It’s not the best in slot option, but it’s also not bad. It’s a decent stopgap if you’re between builds and need a little more time to acquire transmutes and gold upgrades.
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭✭
    its definitely not *the best* on most classes (though id kind of argue it is best on templar, my 40k vigors are silly) but its just really solid on every class. in proficient hands it can keep up with the sweats, in non proficient hands it gives you breathing room, but its jsut convenient. dont need to invest in farming sets or golding a bunch of gear sets, just use what you have and go to town. and with ZOS's history of 'shaking things up' every update with sets/skills/ nerfs/ buffs/ etc, a mythic like this is honestly a headache saver, as long as it isnt nerfed into oblivion. I didnt think id like this mythic at first, but i genuinely do mean it when i say it is my favorite.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, all good points well made, interesting and so helpful.

Perfect example of this forum at its best!

Thank you.

Edited by Rowjoh on 29 August 2024 10:01
  • ragnarok6644b14_ESO
    I farmed it up and it's really fun to just kinda do whatever. I wasn't super into theorycrafting before but lately I've been into it.

Which gear set takes more damage (assuming you've reached the Resistances cap):
    3 light, 3 heavy, 1 medium
    OR
    7 medium?

Discuss! Lol. But seriously I never even really cared about that sort of fun detail until I got the Torc, because sets let me 'paper over' most things.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The penalty is:

I'm kind of in same boat with you on this. I dang near killed myself trying to get this Mythic with all the IA drama that unfolded there.

I think it was worth it, however yes, all other sets bonuses of any kind, any level are all disabled. So, for weapons or armor pieces you'll only have raw values to work with, including any traits and each item's passive skills, respectively. Similar to WW mode if that helps. No other sets bonuses will work.

As far as a good build or use case for it, I haven't the time to really think too far ahead on how best to use this yet. I know on YouTube there are some builds showcased. I don't think it's a bad mythic per say, but certain circumstances require 5pc set bonuses, not just proc but other things as well like buffing stats (Shacklebreaker), which is not really an easy thing to do otherwise. This seems to me like it's a mythic for two kinds of people, a) those that don't care and b) those that really know what they're doing.

Which is also interesting how often you find people with both characteristics. :)
    Edited by Vulkunne on 29 August 2024 14:16
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald