Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Since tentacular dread buff has anybody made a PvP Magicka Arcanist?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Like the title says, I'm looking for feedback from somebody who's tried to build a Magicka PvP Arcanist. The new patch hasn't dropped on console yet. I'm wondering if it's worth it to use the armoury system to change my PvE Magicka Arcanist tank into a PvP Magicka Arcanist.
Has anybody tested it yet?
I noticed Alcast has come out with a build, but I've heard he's not that effective.

I was wondering about making a frost build Arcanist since tentacular dread is frost damage.
Craft Alfiq with frostbite set and frost staff.
Frost soul wield that generates crux and has major breach.
And destructive reach.
I could use both impervious runeward shield and chakram of destiny, shield stacking big time.

So has anybody made a PvP Magicka Arcanist with tentacular dread yet? What's your thoughts? What are you theory crafting?
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    In pvp you usually spend crux mostly for defense. If you can generate enough crux for both offense and defense, whatever you wear, your build will work fine.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i11ionward wrote: »
    In pvp you usually spend crux mostly for defense. If you can generate enough crux for both offense and defense, whatever you wear, your build will work fine.

But Arcanist Magicka shield chakram of destiny doesn't use crux, it's a crux generator. And healing soul burst with sages remedy provides enough healing. So you wouldn't need the heal on Impervious runeward shield.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has anybody made a PvP Magicka Arcanist with tentacular dread yet? What's your thoughts? What are you theory crafting?

Even if you use Tentacular Dread, I'd still build as a Stamarc.

Why?

Because most of the class buff and CC skills use Magicka. Drinking strictly from 1 pool makes sustain difficult. By having a larger Stamina pool than Magicka, you can have your crux builders (attack and healing spammables) use Stamina.

You'd really only want to use Tentacular Dread at 3 Crux anyway, so you need a spammable, and Stamina allows usage of 2 pools.
    Edited by taugrim on 26 August 2024 20:25
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @taugrim . If you can line up a 3-crux Tentacular Dread with a 2H heavy attack you could stack a sweet burst with Berserker Strike.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2400CP
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

Even if you use Tentacular Dread, I'd still build as a Stamarc.

Why?

Because most of the class healing, buff, and CC skills all use Magicka. Drinking strictly from 1 pool makes sustain difficult. By having a larger Stamina pool than Magicka, you can have your crux builders (attack and healing spammables) use Stamina.

You'd really only want to use Tentacular Dread at 3 Crux anyway, so you need a spammable, and Stamina allows usage of 2 pools.

Highlighting because I think this is 100% correct. I almost exclusively play magica and came to the same conclusion.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yall gotta embrace the hybrid meta already, it's been years now.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps