Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

People selling gold and spamming on chat

Shambhu
Shambhu
How do I prevent it? The poster's name is not visible, and I want to block this ***, how do I do that?
  • Sornfein
    Sornfein
    Change the text size in chat to 10. It is in Settings/Social. Then you can see the name of spammer.
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    Go to settings. Social. Change font size to 9 and report/ignore. Then repeat to get back your normal font size.
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    You scrolls backwards in chat to review the text. The "." key frees the cursor by default. Once freed you can use the scroll bar. There's also some mods specifically for ignoring gold spammers. They change accounts and the name of the site constantly, but use the same pattern so you can tell the mods to ignore anyone making a post matching a specific pattern like www.*.com.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a bug with the scrolling where it skips a line, as far as I can tell. If you go to settings->social and turn the font size all the way down (10 is not always enough, turn it to 8 ) you'll be able to see the name.
    Please report them as well as ignoring them!
    Edited by Melian on 3 April 2014 14:46
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    Kind of sad that the first 'required' mod may end up being the one that reports/blocks gold spammers.
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons that will eliminate it. I think it is completely absurd that they allow them to have 15 line long chat spam and can't catch it on their own ... or that some third party can make a mod to stop it but they can't themselves .. but I guess they feel it is our responsibility to police the game for them or get third party addons to do what they should be doing by defualt.
  • Shambhu
    Shambhu
    Thank you for your help, much appreciated.