Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Psijic Portals: only one item!?

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello All

Only a short question: these last days, I had 4 times (1 - 1 - 2) the strange case that when I looted a psijic portal, I got only one item... :o

Since we can't select what we take out of them, it was really a surprise to me. Probably a bug? I would just like to know if anyone else had the same case recently?
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean, "we can't select what we take out of them"? I don't think I've ever tried to selectively loot one, but any other type of container or node that I've ever looted in the game has let me select the individual items in it if I wanted to. Are psijic portals different than everything else in the game in that respect?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What do you mean, "we can't select what we take out of them"? I don't think I've ever tried to selectively loot one, but any other type of container or node that I've ever looted in the game has let me select the individual items in it if I wanted to. Are psijic portals different than everything else in the game in that respect?
    No different as far as I know. I'm guessing the OP might have auto-loot turned on.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was indeed just cherry picked previously.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha! My bad... Yes, I autoloot and as it was first time I had that case, I never realized that portals are like containers with a possibility to select. OK, issue is solved. :D
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    hahaha! My bad... Yes, I autoloot and as it was first time I had that case, I never realized that portals are like containers with a possibility to select. OK, issue is solved. :D

I would say, no, the issue is not solved.

The question of what happened is answered, but the issue of some players selectively removing all of the best goodies from Psijic Portals and leaving the partially-looted portal for someone else to find will unfortunately be with us forever. :(
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    DreamyLu wrote: »

I would say, no, the issue is not solved.

The question of what happened is answered, but the issue of some players selectively removing all of the best goodies from Psijic Portals and leaving the partially-looted portal for someone else to find will unfortunately be with us forever. :(

Well, for the containers, I keep not fully understanding how it works: I have autoloot, however, for chests and troves, I still get an intermediate interface and need to click further to loot, whereas for psijic portals, it's straight without intermediate step of selection. So it seems that not all containers are affected the same way by the autoloot option.

As for the issue of players not taking everything out of containers, those are probably the same who spawn under your nose to gather the plant you were on to gather, who stand on crafting table with horses, and so on... They are a minority, but they exist in all games and can be quite a bother at time... :D