Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

any way to see character names in chat

Svann
Svann
✭✭✭
Is there a setting to show people's character name in chat instead of their account name?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your on PC, you can get an addon such as pchat to configure whats displayed (you can display character name, or acct name, or charactername@acct name to combine the options)

i dont know how console handles this and obviously wont have addons, it might be helpful to mention what platform your playing on
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I do have pchat but just missed that setting. Got it now.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need an add-on for this. There is already a setting to display Character Name or User ID.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need an add-on for this. There is already a setting to display Character Name or User ID.

you would need it, if you wanted the combined option, or custom settings per chat channel

like i prefer @ names for guild chats, but character names for zone or group chat
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you would need it, if you wanted the combined option, or custom settings per chat channel

like i prefer @ names for guild chats, but character names for zone or group chat

The OP only asked to show the Character Name in chat, which we don't need an add-on to do.
    PCNA