Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do we cancel or leave a loading screen?

ines2015
ines2015
Very often when a Battleground is launching I get stuck in an infinite loading screen, and nothing happens for a long long time. After waiting for that long I'm always sent to the login. While waiting there's no indication of a key to quit. So, I've been wonder how do we cancel a loading screen and return to the game. Usually I already know that the Battleground will not start after a few minutes, so, I'd prefer to quit the loading and return to the game than keep waiting until I get removed.
  • UNSeki
    UNSeki
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't really a way provided by the game. Usually just using Alt + F4 (or bringing up the Task Manager and shutting down the game) should work, but in some cases the server might still recognize you as being logged in, and you might have trouble re-entering. Normally, this fixes itself after several minutes, when the servers kick you for inactivity.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, displaying a screen that takes an excessively long time to expire, and providing no way to exit from the screen, is just bad software design.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UNSeki wrote: »
    There isn't really a way provided by the game. Usually just using Alt + F4 (or bringing up the Task Manager and shutting down the game) should work, but in some cases the server might still recognize you as being logged in, and you might have trouble re-entering. Normally, this fixes itself after several minutes, when the servers kick you for inactivity.
    Yes if client crashes server keeps you on usually some minutes as it might be an short internet issue and getting kicked from groups is not fun either. Now raterly have long loading screens outside of weird bugs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Yes, displaying a screen that takes an excessively long time to expire, and providing no way to exit from the screen, is just bad software design.

if the software locked up or froze, even if an option is provided it wouldnt solve the issue

sometimes the game locks up on a load screen entirely and has to be killed at the process level, i dont think any game does that, if it crashes and doesnt terminate you have to terminate the application your self

some games do have crash reporters that pop up but depending on how the application got stuck that might not always pop up
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ydc8nmeg2mf1.jpg

Couldn't resist the meme :sweat_smile: On topic, when I'm stuck in an infinite loading screen I usually just end the game process and reload the game.