Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was the Style Page Drop Rate for Battle Grounds Changed?

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Are the Fanged Worm and Horned Dragon styles easier to get now?
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very. I’ve been regularly doing BG dailies the past few weeks and getting one of these style pages every day.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Very. I’ve been regularly doing BG dailies the past few weeks and getting one of these style pages every day.

Can you please speak to your drop rate experience before these few weeks?

My experience is that, when I started doing battle grounds, I was getting a page with every purple coffer, but that slowed way down.

I speculated that the game would roll RNG for which page to give a player and, if they had already collected that page, then rather than getting a page, they would get a memorabilia instead.

I don't know the exact amount of time, but it took me at least years to get the last page, the Horned Dragon Pants.

These are the mechanics that i'm sort of wondering about. Was RNG finally just good to me or were the drop rates changed in a way that would make the set easier to get?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My experience is that, when I started doing battle grounds, I was getting a page with every purple coffer, but that slowed way down.

I speculated that the game would roll RNG for which page to give a player and, if they had already collected that page, then rather than getting a page, they would get a memorabilia instead.

I don't know the exact amount of time, but it took me at least years to get the last page, the Horned Dragon Pants.

These are the mechanics that i'm sort of wondering about. Was RNG finally just good to me or were the drop rates changed in a way that would make the set easier to get?

This has been my experience as well and I'm pretty sure you are correct in how the loot table works. I am still about 5 pages short after many BGs played over the years. If they've changed the way drops work, I'll be queuing back up to finish off these collections.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I’m afraid I haven’t been keeping track, other than I have definitely been getting a page with the daily these past few weeks, when I’ve been doing daily BGs for scripts and XP and Alliance skill lines for new characters. It had been a while since I last regularly did BGs, but I recall only getting pages on occasion (neither precise nor very reliable, I know, but for what it’a worth, I hadn’t even collected all of the Fanged Worm style pages, much less Horned Dragon).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 23 July 2024 16:09
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

This has been my experience as well and I'm pretty sure you are correct in how the loot table works. I am still about 5 pages short after many BGs played over the years. If they've changed the way drops work, I'll be queuing back up to finish off these collections.

Feel welcome to report back if you hop back into battle grounds.
    Don't tank

• Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Feel welcome to report back if you hop back into battle grounds.

Particularly with the Mayhem event approaching, will do.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I queue up for a single BG last night on my DK. Capture the relic, my team wanted to play DM, we ended up in 2nd place. I ended up receiving a BG style page (fang worm breeches). This is the first time in a long time that I've received a style page. I have 4 more to go to have my collections completed.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I queue up for a single BG last night on my DK. Capture the relic, my team wanted to play DM, we ended up in 2nd place. I ended up receiving a BG style page (fang worm breeches). This is the first time in a long time that I've received a style page. I have 4 more to go to have my collections completed.

That would be really something if it only took 4 more runs!
    Don't tank

• Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a guaranteed drop from the daily 1st/2nd place coffers, so there may have been an improvement to the drop rates.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been doing battlegrounds for years and hadn't collected them all. They've finally started dropping regularly.

It seemed to be that previously, the fewer you had left to collect, the rarer they were. So I was always missing a few until some recent Update, not sure which.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down to just one to go. It's been a guaranteed drop from the 1st daily coffer you receive for 1st or 2nd place.