The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about achievements

StrangerFull
StrangerFull
✭✭✭
Can I complete the achievements in the location Bleakrock Isle, if I took her for a long time? For example searching for the achievement of all people, was not found Hokmir. Can I find him?
Can I do other achievements, if I finished the location? If I'm on the other phase?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not positive but I think when you complete Bleakrock the quest npcs are phased out (since they all escaped or died). I imagine those achieves would be impossible to finish on that character at that point.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    If so, then it's bad. Developers should give you the opportunity to achieve the people who are interested in achievements, but perform them after leveling and passing game locations. As well as WoW, about which there is much talk, for example, you can return it to another phase in Teramore, after its destruction and see it through to destruction. Something similar should be here, because in the world of TES are no restrictions on travel time and things like that. Let's say I have not found the right NPC on the island, but he was saved by default , then moved to Bal Foyen, and thence to Dhalmora and for achievement enough to talk to him in Dhalmora. It would be wrong to force a person to swing a new character for achievement. Especially if people started making achievement after receiving the maximum level.
    Edited by StrangerFull on 3 April 2014 13:49
    Options
  • pinkempyreal
    pinkempyreal
    ✭✭✭
    No and no. Why should we be able to go back in time before the evacuation to save someone? The quest clearly states to find missing villagers OR tell Cap'n Rana to leave early. Don't take this harshly, but you left him behind because you were either too lazy to explore or were too busy flying through quests. I know it can be an easy mistake for first time players but so be it. Play and learn.
    I've never been a big fan of the handholding argument, but this falls in line with that. Take your time and explore, talk to people and otherwise just be mindful of your objectives and like as not you won't miss out on anything.
    Options
  • Highway
    Highway
    But then again, doesn't that make achievements more interesting to get? i like that some achievements are related to the choices you make while questing. it makes them more unique in my opinion.
    Options
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can get it without reading quests and just clicking through mindlessly it's hardly an achievement.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    All the same, there must be another way to get achievements. I spend my time exploring the world, trying to find everything and go through all before leaving the location, but at a pace I have to pump up to the maximum through the hell knows how long. No one is safe from accidental failure to achieve due to the fact that he was some kind of quest in some locations. Passage is normal quests, achievements regarding quests should always be available at any stage. With this achievement I see three solutions : first - NPC sits and waits to find all the time on the island, regardless of the phase, it manages to hide from the covenant all this time, he's a real pro in the shadows of secrecy and other places, the second - to make quest to find these people every day, let him give by NPC in Dhalmora, let the quest will be called "Return to Bleakrock and find survivors", the third - to make the achievement of common to the entire account to be able to create another character, get them to achieve and it would have been counted already created all the characters belonging to the faction achievement (but would not count characters created after receiving achievements). It is a normal solution.
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    No and no. Why should we be able to go back in time before the evacuation to save someone? The quest clearly states to find missing villagers OR tell Cap'n Rana to leave early. Don't take this harshly, but you left him behind because you were either too lazy to explore or were too busy flying through quests. I know it can be an easy mistake for first time players but so be it. Play and learn.
    I've never been a big fan of the handholding argument, but this falls in line with that. Take your time and explore, talk to people and otherwise just be mindful of your objectives and like as not you won't miss out on anything.

Yes.
    Highway wrote: »
    But then again, doesn't that make achievements more interesting to get? i like that some achievements are related to the choices you make while questing. it makes them more unique in my opinion.

And yes.
    All the same, there must be another way to get achievements. I spend my time exploring the world, trying to find everything and go through all before leaving the location, but at a pace I have to pump up to the maximum through the hell knows how long. No one is safe from accidental failure to achieve due to the fact that he was some kind of quest in some locations. Passage is normal quests, achievements regarding quests should always be available at any stage. With this achievement I see three solutions : first - NPC sits and waits to find all the time on the island, regardless of the phase, it manages to hide from the covenant all this time, he's a real pro in the shadows of secrecy and other places, the second - to make quest to find these people every day, let him give by NPC in Dhalmora, let the quest will be called "Return to Bleakrock and find survivors", the third - to make the achievement of common to the entire account to be able to create another character, get them to achieve and it would have been counted already created all the characters belonging to the faction achievement (but would not count characters created after receiving achievements). It is a normal solution.

And, no. If you fail, you fail; sort've like real life when you have to make a decision about something -- it gives ESO a bit more reality, like you made a choice and now you've got to live with it, no saving and re-loading to get 100%.

But, also, they can't make achievements the way they've done them here profile wide for the simple fact of the Skyshards. If on my main character, I have all the Skyshards in Glenumbra, then start a new Dominion character, I now have 16 Skyshards already found on a brand new character, giving me 5 "free" skill points on that new character without actually having adventured with him. That just doesn't seem right.

So, unless they completely re-vamp it, that's not going to be a viable option.

I don't like the idea of an, "Oops, go back and find these people you missed," quest, especially with Bleakrock because... well, everyone was attacked and probably died. Just take a bit more time to look at the quest, look at your quest markers and decide: do I want to go and save these people or do I not care about all that? If you don't care, you don't care and you move on, but you shouldn't be able to be rewarded with a do-over because you didn't like your previous choice XD Again, it gives it more realism and makes your character your own.

Then again, maybe it's just me.

Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying that everything should be done to achieve shared account, only those which can fail, which is not made ​​when the other phase. About some advantages of new characters to the already existing said nothing. It was about the existing characters, and not newly created.
    And yes, I went on a quest and saved all the people, and did not give the team an early evacuation. This NPC was not on the marker or in the list of the quest - in general there were only three of which were sent on to find someone else for me NPC said in the beginning there were no topic links none) Not everyone is going to open journal and Achievements tab to find it there, plus the same newbie, just started playing, all may not know and the most likely does not know that there is a tab.

PS I do not understand about what realism is all about. Maybe you've seen vampires and werewolves in life? Well, or something like that? :)
    Edited by StrangerFull on 3 April 2014 16:35
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't we all?

But, in all seriousness, realism in the sense that an action gives you a consequence and you can't take a mulligan on it ;)
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Another solution is to make learning a quest to achieve, as an example of achieving it make getting this achievement quest. Also a warning in the description of the usual quests and dialogue when you select "start evacuating" that the achievement of such and such would be impossible to obtain, if you now leave the island. We discuss all this in order to improve the game, I'm talking about my vision, you own, and the final decision to the developers if they decide to change something ;)
    Options
  • Stonebreath
    I think there should be at least some warning when you're about to do something that will make content permanently unavailable. It would suck to find out after the fact that you failed some achievement criteria and can never try again. This can definitely happen with the starter island because you go there when you're new and don't necessarily even know you can get achievements much less read through them all.
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know... I thought it was pretty straight forward. The information is there and it should be obvious that when they tell you that you can either do this, or this, that you need to make a decision. It's the same thing in the Daggerfall beginning areas. You can either storm the castle, or recruit people first. Recruiting people nets you a lot of quests, content, shards, experience, etc. It seems pretty intuitive to me.
    Options
  • Stonebreath
    The difference is that one way gives an achievement and the other way doesn't, and there's no warning for that. Some people really like achievement hunting and would be very disappointed to know that they inadvertently skipped one (because they were new and still just trying things) and have no way of correcting the mistake.

The first time I went through it in the beta I didn't realize that giving an early evacuation warning would suddenly change phase and lose a whole bunch of quests. I thought it was the right thing to do to warn the authority asap and then get the rest of the people/quests done. Noobish, perhaps, but everyone is their first time.
    Options
  • Karner
    Karner
    An achievement is an award for excelling. You rush through the quest by doing something lazy (Missing out 6-7 quests) then you miss out on the achievement. Achievements aren't meant to be handed to players. It's your own fault if you miss it.
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    I was lucky. I was able to complete the achievement, despite the phase and all that :) I went to the island and found a missed quest (which I did on the beta test :)), and completed his NPC Passed in achievement. He was out of the village and therefore did not go anywhere, unlike other :)
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    The difference is that one way gives an achievement and the other way doesn't, and there's no warning for that.

Technically there is, in the journal/achievements section; I know I found it right away. I love achievement hunting, which is why I'm confused: If you have a quest that says, basically, go save a bunch of people or forget that and come with me... I'm going to assume that saving the people is A.) going to let you do more things, and B.) probably net you some achievements in the process. Every quest line in this game has achievements... everything does; it's all right there for you to see.

I guess I don't understand your confusion.
    The first time I went through it in the beta I didn't realize that giving an early evacuation warning would suddenly change phase and lose a whole bunch of quests. I thought it was the right thing to do to warn the authority asap and then get the rest of the people/quests done. Noobish, perhaps, but everyone is their first time.

And see, for me, it was more a case of... Oh, crap, gotta' save all these people because the main law enforcement gal seems like kind of a mean-lady and is more concerned with leaving and saving her own hide than going around and gathering up innocent people. Imma' go get those innocent people.

*shrug*

Potato, potahto, I guess...

Options
  • Karner
    Karner
    psychounz wrote: »
    If you have a quest that says, basically, go save a bunch of people or forget that and come with me... I'm going to assume that saving the people is A.) going to let you do more things, and B.) probably net you some achievements in the process. Every quest line in this game has achievements... everything does; it's all right there for you to see.

I thought this was just; common sense. No.. It -IS- common sense.
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Or decency ;)

But TES has traditionally allowed for evil-I-don't-save-people types. Even if I did want to play that way, though, I couldn't pass up knowing that there will be experience/story/achievements to be had.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe then should have done a slightly different system of achievements? :) For example - you get one achievement for certain actions or you get another achievement if your actions other. Achieve mutually exclusive with the inability to perform both, when a certain achievement blocked execution of another and it disappears from the list. That is, the variation in achievement. This would solve the problem I'm talking about :) You could ever fully enjoy the achievements made ​​:)
    Options
  • Zenira
    Zenira
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand that suggestion. Do you mean have an achievement like "You Left Someone!" where you have to live with your guilt?
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you understood correctly. Provided that saved all achievement would sound "Fearless lifeguard" or similar manner, and under the condition that left people and quickly fled with a small group of people would sound achievement "Salvation is not my thing" or similar.
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, an either or achievement. That could work XD I don't know that I'd like it any more or less than what already exists, but that's because I'm okay with what they have XD
    Options
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    Don't take this harshly, but you left him behind because you were either too lazy to explore or were too busy flying through quests.

I happened to get an achievement for discovering all of the locations in the starting area, on the same quest. I didn't know about the list of achievements, quests completed, etc tabs until after I left the island and finished the quest. Upon returning and doing some research, the quest giver for the missing villager was in a hut that I had not discovered, I was promted upon arrival!

I'd like to get the achievement myself, not important, but it some how annoys me that I have 9 out of 10 requirements for it...

Gonna create another character and see if achievements are account based, or character based, I can repeat the quest if it's account based. If not, *** it, there'll be many more achievements I won't be completing down to choice anyway, and I'll forget all about this...

:smile:
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    They are not account based. If you start a Dominion character, miss an achievement, and then start a new Dominion character, you will have NO achievements on character two.
    Options
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    No. You did not do all the quests on Bleakrock so no you do not get the achievement. Bleakrock is small and if you walked around and explored you would have found all the people. You did not. Sorry but a completionist takes his/her time and doesn't rush and checks every inch of a world.

Sorry about your luck. Reroll and take your time.
    Options