Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Twink: Same or different faction?

Vinterblot
Hi there!
So I've bought Elder Scrolls together with my gf. We have made our characters to play together. But I'm a student, she has a job, so there's plenty of time we couldn't play together, which means we will make another character each to play alone.

The question is: Is it advisable to make a twink at another faction because of spoilers or is it more advisable to make a twink at the same faction, since you can play every storyline with every character anyway and in endgame we will be able to choose which character to play depending on what is needed.

I was twinking all along in WoW, since every class has a different style and role, so it maked sense to be able to choose from a bunch of characters when playing with your friends. My problem here is that I cannot foresee if this is needed in elder scrolls, since the class system is much less strict and on the other hand, ESO is much more storydriven than WoW.

I wanna hear your thoughts.
Edited by Vinterblot on 3 April 2014 11:43
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the storyline is the same when you go into the other faction zones at 50, at least it shouldn't be since you're not from that faction. Since banks are shared accross all characters and you're in whatever guild you're in regardless of the faction of your character there's no real harm in playing opposite realms (aside from whatever sense of realm pride you might have).
  • Vinterblot
    But I'm not able to group with people from another faction, right?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have alts in all factions (main in DC) and i enjoy playing them all...
    Sometimes I get a little bored playing my main, so it's nice to switch it up - and even nicer not to have to do the exact same quests. You can always roll your alts on the same other faction so you can play those together if you want.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vinterblot wrote: »
    But I'm not able to group with people from another faction, right?

You can if you're playing that faction, and can send tells regardless (via @accountname). If you are playing a different faction you won't see them unless you're in Cyrodiil.