Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hrothgar - 5 Questions

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all , this is the 5set bonus and had some questions about it.

“””Stunning or immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 13% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds, ignores Spell Resistance, and cannot be blocked.”””

1: does the chill slow down players a little bit?
2: does it work on sorcerers streak , inflicting this damage on all who got stunned?
3: what if you hit 3 players with this stun and thus proc. Does everyone then have their own dmg being inflicted depending on their resistances or do they get the dmg from the one being stunned the first?
4: what if they are all standing next to each other within 8 meters of each other. Do they then get the dmg themselves and have the extra dmg coming from both other players next to them ?
5: i imagine it also procs with ice comet ?
6: am i understanding correctly that if someone ould have 30K spell resist and 20 physical resist that then this stun would inflict 13% of 30K spell (without mitigation) + 13% of 20K physical resist (-the physical resist mitigation) , becoming approximately 3900 + 2600 (-phys resist) = 6500 (halved in battlespirit?

Is that correct ?

I just really wonder if it hits more than once if there are players grouped together + if it slows down
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1: No.
    2: Yes
    3: It should effect all 3
    4: I don't know
    5: Yes
    6: Probably, never tested it

I've used this set quite a bit in Battlegrounds with a DK and Fossilize/Shattering Rocks and an Arcanist with the Flail. Its effective when used as part of a burst combo because of the 7 second cooldown and the CC immunity cooldown on your target. Its not so great in Cyrodiil.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: No.
    2: Yes
    3: It should effect all 3
    4: I don't know
    5: Yes
    6: Probably, never tested it

I've used this set quite a bit in Battlegrounds with a DK and Fossilize/Shattering Rocks and an Arcanist with the Flail. Its effective when used as part of a burst combo because of the 7 second cooldown and the CC immunity cooldown on your target. Its not so great in Cyrodiil.

for a correction on point 3, the set has a 7 sec global cooldown, if you stunned 3 players in rapid succession, it would only proc on the first one if it was within the 7 sec cooldown

and for the OP, my understanding of the formula is that it adds the 2 resistances together before doing 13%, so it would be (physical resist + spell resist) * 0.13 to get the value

its kind of hard in the current game to have a disparity of 10k on mitigation, usually they are both the same, assuming 30k, it would be 30k+30k which is 60k *0.13 which is 7800 dmg, which gets halved by battle spirit for 3900 dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master Yeah, #3 was the weird one for me, too, especially if you are using Streak or an AOE stun like Flail, but I don't know how minute the timing is with PVP, especially given the lag issue. You are correct, it would not work on 3 consecutive Shattering Rocks.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    4: what if they are all standing next to each other within 8 meters of each other. Do they then get the dmg themselves and have the extra dmg coming from both other players next to them ?
    6: am i understanding correctly that if someone ould have 30K spell resist and 20 physical resist that then this stun would inflict 13% of 30K spell (without mitigation) + 13% of 20K physical resist (-the physical resist mitigation) , becoming approximately 3900 + 2600 (-phys resist) = 6500 (halved in battlespirit?

4. No - It's a single proc of AOE damage. There is no chain effect.

6. Here's the correct calculation for PvP (30000 + 20000) * 0.13 * 0.5 = 3250 damage
    PC NA