Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Storm cursed set now viable? Magsorc

ercknn
ercknn
Soul Shriven
With the changes to scribbing and the increased damage the concussion status effect gives is this set now viable?

Parsed with ele susceptibility and vateshran lightning with no proc to storm cursed. Does this set proc from other sets like thunder caller? Does it still proc from sets that provide the concussed effect like asylum staff?

Tested the new wield soul skill with the lightning tormenting effect for further proc chance with mixed results. Sometimes it doesn’t feel like 15%.

I know this set procs off of the concussed status effect damage I’m increasing the rate concussed is applied through the charged weapon trait or new sets like the symmetry of the Weald overland set and noticing good better results.
It seems like this set could be absurdly broken given it’s one of the only proc sets still alive that doesn’t have a global cooldown on it.
In dense packs this set seems better than blight seed for PvE vet/trial content but I’m wondering if anyone has tested any of these new mechanics?
Thank you
Edited by ercknn on 6 July 2024 19:03
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's a strong aoe set, but definately not broken.

Procs don't proc procs.

It's still weaker than azure blight, but it enables an alternative to ab, particularly for mag sorc.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't tested it out yet, but this set was something I was theory crafting to use with the DW scribing skill with the sorc class script.

As was noted, proc sets cannot proc other proc sets, so thunder caller won't (or shouldn't) work. Not sure about the scribed skills though, they do count as abilities, not procs so they should theoretically work.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    scribe skills do work.
    shocking soul with the no pet class script can proc it twice as they are seperate hits.

when travelling knife was double proccing you'd actually get 3 chances to proc on PTS and it was cracked, now it's just good. comparable to shock clench which also has the chance to proc twice because of the guarenteed concussed.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    scribe skills do work.
    shocking soul with the no pet class script can proc it twice as they are seperate hits.

when travelling knife was double proccing you'd actually get 3 chances to proc on PTS and it was cracked, now it's just good. comparable to shock clench which also has the chance to proc twice because of the guarenteed concussed.

what about the travelling knife with the AoE focus? since that hits all nearby enemies, does it also proc the class script on all enemies or just the once on the main target?
  • ercknn
    ercknn
    Soul Shriven
    Been testing further and it procs off new skills as well as stated above but works off of damage over time effects making lingering torment a better script due to shock DoT vs the direct dmg the class script provides.

Gonna shelf this build over all due to the non-competitive dmg in comparison to blight seed.
    If some1 else is running blight seed this might work as a weaker back up in conjunction for trash mobs in trials. Doubt solid viability for AoE due to arc beam as there’s no competition.

A shame how class oriented builds shock/wizard, frost/warden, fire/dk like this are shadowed by a specific meta.

If anyone has any further info on this set that could make it viable in a single target/general PvE build instead of niche AoE, please share.
    Thank you those who have replied so far 🙏
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technically speaking, azureblight gets stronger with more people wearing it because you generate stacks faster

as a single player, it usually takes me roughly 5 or so seconds between procs on a fully loaded dot character, where even 2 players running this halves the time it takes to generate enough stacks if your both focused on dots (or like an arcanist beam)

the only thing to keep in mind is that when the explosion happens, it will scale based on whoever applied the 20th stack of blight seed, so in logs it may register lower dps for you if other players proc it first, but its overall effectiveness will generally increase due to the higher frequency of procs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll save you the transmutes.

The Storm-Cursed set almost never procs in PvP even with the new multi target scribing skills. There just isn't enough sources of shock damage and even when it procs, the damage is so low that it doesn't make a difference.
    PC NA
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

The Storm-Cursed set almost never procs in PvP even with the new multi target scribing skills. There just isn't enough sources of shock damage and even when it procs, the damage is so low that it doesn't make a difference.

Yep, I tried it as well when the scribing system came out. Basically useless.

It is not even very good in PVE.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

that's a shame, this set was one of the closest things the game had gotten within the past year or so that comes close to being a lightning mage themed set, the rest are all either very old and outdated, or based on other themes and just happens to randomly have shock damage and the class set (monolith) definitely does NOT fit this theme, with its janky summons.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that Concussed actually does proc this set. It is classed as a proc (which makes no sense, IMO).

This set would be interesting if there were more sources of Shock Damage in the game, particularly fast-ticking sources.
  • Zyaneth_Bal
    Zyaneth_Bal
    ✭✭✭
    ercknn wrote: »
    With the changes to scribbing and the increased damage the concussion status effect gives is this set now viable?

Parsed with ele susceptibility and vateshran lightning with no proc to storm cursed. Does this set proc from other sets like thunder caller? Does it still proc from sets that provide the concussed effect like asylum staff?

Tested the new wield soul skill with the lightning tormenting effect for further proc chance with mixed results. Sometimes it doesn’t feel like 15%.

I know this set procs off of the concussed status effect damage I’m increasing the rate concussed is applied through the charged weapon trait or new sets like the symmetry of the Weald overland set and noticing good better results.
    It seems like this set could be absurdly broken given it’s one of the only proc sets still alive that doesn’t have a global cooldown on it.
    In dense packs this set seems better than blight seed for PvE vet/trial content but I’m wondering if anyone has tested any of these new mechanics?
    Thank you
    As a general rule: “procs don’t proc procs” and status effects are considered procs too, that means that neither other sets nor statuses proc storm-cursed.
    Pet basic attacks don’t proc it too because they aren’t considered your own damage, pet skills do though.
    And storm-cursed is indeed great in pve aoe fights.
    Edited by Zyaneth_Bal on 17 July 2024 23:24