Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Soo most effective way to pvp questions?

glamorousskies
Basically i know you can put different abilitiies in one quick slot bar. But i see that useless competitively and you can correct me if i'm wrong (don't believe i am) lets say you have 5 abilities. Your a sorceror for example you have 3 storm calling abilities and 2 dark abilities. You have the passives in both trees maxed out. Your gimping yourself on bonuses. Why? Lets say theres a passive that is like deal 2% damage for each dark abillitiy slotted. You're only getting 4% . same thing applies to things like "dark abilities do 10% more damage for each one slotted"

So am i correct in saying you should only use all abilities from one skill line in your quickslot bar or incorrect?For doing more damage overall.

Also i heard someone say you want to have one quickslot of weapon abilities, and the other a class line. An example would be this: 5 sorceror storm calling abilities, swap weapons.... 5 destruction staff abiltiies. That way you use both your stamina and magicka? So would it be inefficient to ONLY use magicka abilities? I.e having a bunch of stormcalling and siphoning abilities slotted?
  • glamorousskies
    bump! no one pvps? hm.. odd.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    1. I personally would never use just one skill line, but that's more a playstyle thing, If you want to maximize dps? maybe. But you need to make sure you have some CC as well. Not all skill lines have these types of passives.

2. I mix weapon abilities with class skill lines, it's all about the build really, mine in particular revolves around using magicka for attacks/buffs, and using staming for mitigation and mobility. So it's perfectly feasible to use only magicka abilities. I wouldn't however, recommend using purely stamina abilities, as that would ruin your chances of mitigating damage or dodging.

It's all about balance and play style. You don't want to neglect any of your resources in a substatial manner. It's also typically a good idea to be fairly versatile.